new audi a3 3.2 owner

sambino

Reaction score
Hi guys hope you are all well.

I have have had too many cars to mention- just wrote off my 130i msport and found very nice low mileage (45k) a3 3.2 quattro sport 2004 fully loaded.

This is my second audi over the years. Had the pleasure back in the day to own an audi coupe 2.3E nice sound!

Had the A3 since feb 2015 it is almost as good as the BM. Very happy with it though as it reminds me of my golf vr6 (love those too). Have read all the horror stories. Best mate is audi master tech so already had software update and coil pack recall. however having small power issue. car seems to spring to life after turning a corner?? odd maybe electrical? already changed MAF.

I will post in technical- as mate is out of the country for a while.

I look forward to being part of the family. Best wishes

Welcome to the forum.

Lovely car the A3 3.2 - I flipped a coin between one of those and an older S3. I sort of wish that the coin had landed the other way!

Check the ignition system - Not sure if your car has HT Leads or Coil packs... but check them over. I had hesitation problems in my old Golf and it was due to bad HT Leads.

Welcome to the forum.

Lovely car the A3 3.2 - I flipped a coin between one of those and an older S3. I sort of wish that the coin had landed the other way!

Check the ignition system - Not sure if your car has HT Leads or Coil packs... but check them over. I had hesitation problems in my old Golf and it was due to bad HT Leads.

ha ha I had the same dilema! but the S3 was shagged and was the same price- It didnt feel quick either?? maybe it was really that bad

The 3.2 is a quicker car when standard - also less to go wrong with them such as boost leaks - you feel the power from the moment you put your foot down unlike these turbo engines which need to spool up first before you feel any oomph. The 3.2's are a bit of a sleeper because they just look like a basic A3 but they go like an R32.

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Hope you enjoy the forum. :) x