New Arrival :)

AlistairS

Reaction score
My S1 was delivered today via Transporter to my home. It was absolutely freezing here. However, I did wash & dry it so I could get some pictures up. I have done my first mod - A1 Quattro aluminium gear knob.

Really happy with the condition of the car, handover, etc. The only thing I didn't realise how small the boot was going to be with the upgraded sound system. Not too worry as long as it take a gym bag I'm happy :)

Reactions: Pulp84
Excellent looking good in red

Where did you get your gearknob ?

Last edited:
Reactions: AlistairS
Says LHD only, presume thats wrong

What about the rubber mats

Has the Bumblebeast got one too ! ?

No, the one other option I didn't tick aside from the pano roof. Didn't want a cold hand in the morning, plus I have a wedding ring so they would scratch each other/make clinking noises!
That and the standard knob is S1 specific already so looks pretty cool.

Reactions: ACWKGYTO
I liked it because it matched the air con dials

Looks good, would it be easy to change the gearknob back whenever you wanted or did it destroy the old one when you changed it

You have to break a clip to get the old one off. You also have to crimp the clip on the new one so its fixed

Josedebardi how come you dont like pan roofs ?

Way over priced
Add significant weight at the top of the car raising the centre of gravity
Until recently I have always had a convertible option on the drive for when the Sun is out (will be replacing that in 2016 as new house is priority this year according to SWMBO!)

ok so its permanent, presumably clips are not replaceable

Dont think youve done much work this avo Al, bet you cant wait to drive the red beast home, with a detour !

I had a thing about sunroofs to the point it made searching for cars virtually impossible

Cant have one now on the sportback so will have to keep my 1989 3 door diamond silver mk2 golf gti 16v small bumper for some sunroof action !!!!

Reactions: josedebardi
Cracking car....Pocket Rocket,new here but i hope my Audi leather seat covers are better fitted on my car??? are ALL Audi leather seats the same....???

Cracking car....Pocket Rocket,new here but i hope my Audi leather seat covers are better fitted on my car??? are ALL Audi leather seats the same....???

You mean they don't look tight?

If so, mine are similar, and were on my SQ5 as well. I can only presume it's an effort to stop them getting warn by overstretching?

You mean they don't look tight?

If so, mine are similar, and were on my SQ5 as well. I can only presume it's an effort to stop them getting warn by overstretching?
To be honest I was a bit confused but what the poster meant?

He meant he thinks the leather seats are a big saggy,

not sure will let you know on that one

Just saw you asking about the rubber mats. They are standard A1 OEM Rubber Mats. They do the job fine ;)

Congrats on getting the best colour S1 ;)
Looks nice.
Mine was supposed to be being built last week... Ordered in August :/

That's some wait. Glad I bought a demonstrator

Hi all Just ventured in here.Ordered my S1 two weeks back have a build week 10 when should i be expecting it? only extras Sepang Blue,
Acoustic Parking,
lat bottomed steering wheel. Can't wait last carcompany A3 diesel 1.6 tdi! .At the moment I am stuck in petrol Astra until S1 arrives :(

Hi all Just ventured in here.Ordered my S1 two weeks back have a build week 10 when should i be expecting it? only extras Sepang Blue,
Acoustic Parking,
lat bottomed steering wheel. Can't wait last carcompany A3 diesel 1.6 tdi! .At the moment I am stuck in petrol Astra until S1 arrives :(

Not sure about how long your S1 will be, but will be worth the wait for sure, its a cracking car !

Acoustic Parking,

Welcome :)

Gonna be quite a step up from a 1.6 TDI!!

Week 10 is 2nd-8th March, so expect delivery some time in April by the time it's train, ship, transporter, PDI'd its way to the showroom.

Good luck. I know of a few people from Instagram still waiting on delayed orders.
Mine is at the dealers and I pick mine up Tuesday. However it was an August order, so don't hold your breath.

Blimey that's a massive step up, oh well the Quattro should look after you.

Good luck. I know of a few people from Instagram still waiting on delayed orders.
Mine is at the dealers and I pick mine up Tuesday. However it was an August order, so don't hold your breath.

Blimey that's a massive step up, oh well the Quattro should look after you.
Yes I could not face another boring company diesel.What spec did you go for?