New allroad on its way

trekbiker

Reaction score
Having had an A4 avant 6 pot tdi, S3 and an Avant 1.8t sport all in the last 12 months, no.4 Audi is imminent.

2002 Allroad Tdi, with special order Denim bodywork, two tone cricket leather, aluminium exterior trim, double spoke alloys and tints. Can't wait /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

She sounds great Trekbiker, get some pics up when she arrives, the interior sounds lovely.

Getting the train to Derby this afternoon, got my shades and my Kylie Cd in my bag and hoping for some great weather for the 1st voyage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Well if the weather is like it has been, expect rain, rain and more rain.

But then it is an allroad and not a Cab, so what harm in a little rain?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Car is great, different! So, so comfortable after the S3 and the A4 avant. I tested out the handling on some greasy RB's on way into MK this evening(yes, theres plenty of them!) and i couldn't get the ESP to cut in... so i guess it handles well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif
On the lowest air setting that is. a different kettle of fish if it was on super,massive ground clearnace i would imagine!
Think it gets the looks as much as the Noggy s3 did /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

And you are quite near to Daventry and Bicester. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

Sounds good, a recommendation is always a sound bet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

TDi-

i have always been dubious of such items, but the bloke who has fitted one really knows his stuff and he's more than happy. He reckons the MPG is better too, which has got to be a bonus when it comes to the allroad. Having said that, i did a return trip to west london via m1,m25,m4 this week, tried to do a steady 70 and i got 35-36 which is ok really. Apparently the box regulates the fuel rather than changing the management system but i'm not too much of a techno-buff

Sounds good mate, i'm no techy either. And good luck with the mod. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I had one of those on my 2.0tdi A3 and it was very good, well reccomended. I have always had remaps but this was very good and gave the same sort of improvements.

Right, juust waiting till after the BH to order one.

i now have a couple of pics of the car on my C drive. how do i place them on here??

TDI

just tried that. phoots now in gallery but when i try and set my avatar, it tells me improper picture type. is this due to the size of it(the pic not the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Greating set of pics. Not sure about the avatars, as i just steal other peoples. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

Ordered my Dragon performance box today, should be with me by friday, will fit it and let all know whether it really is a cheap performance alternative to a remap /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Nice one TB. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

So wheres your avatar??

Jedi, yansgti et al

The dragon box seems good. The performance increase IS noticable, i thought at first it was psychological. It now makes the steptronicfun to play with, and it performs similar to the much lighter a4 v6 tdi. The book figure say an increase of 30 horses to 210, and an extra 50nm torque. The mpg on a long run has only been improved by anout 4-5%, but any help is better than nowt! I would definitely recommend them to any tdi drivers on the forum and no, i'm not on commission. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif
Very simple to fit, i have full bicycle mechanical knowledge, but none on engines. i fitted it in 5 minutes- fact. it could easily be removed if the car was going into Audi for warranty issues etc. The cost- just under half of what a remap costs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

anyone in the MK area is welcome ot come and see for themselves if they're currently driving a similar engine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif