New alloys or refurb South Wales?

CanadaA3wales

Canadian living in South Wales - Audi A3 8V 150BHP
Reaction score
Hey, I've been quoted £300 for refurb, powdercoat in gloss black for my standard Audi wheels. 16"
They are not diamond cut and no major damage, I'm not sure if that's cheap or not.
I've seen some alloys for £400 like wolfrace, but I would probably have to pay £20.00 a wheel to take off my old ones, and balance from some local place.
What would you do? Or if 300 is high do you know anyone in South Wales?
They look like the one in the picture.

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 85
Having you over mate dont rush look around. I can get my 18's done for £180

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I am in the same boat.
My wheels are knackered and been quoted £240-300 for a refurb but thinking of new wheels @ £550+tyre transfer&balance.

Still haven't decided yet but new wheels seems more reasonable option.
Although, I know how old wheels look like on the car

Sent from H P20 PRO

Reactions: CanadaA3wales
I am in the same boat.
My wheels are knackered and been quoted £240-300 for a refurb but thinking of new wheels @ £550+tyre transfer&balance.

Still haven't decided yet but new wheels seems more reasonable option.
Although, I know how old wheels look like on the car

Sent from H P20 PRO

I dont mind my wheels, but would like something new, but to be honest all I can afford right now would be something like wolfrace and they are not the best alloys.
I have tried a few places and they are all around £300.00 so I am on the fence.
I am not sure how @leonwilliams is getting them done at 180 for repair and powdercoat, must be a friend or mobile and not a full wheel remove and repair and paint, 180 seems way too cheap considering the work that is needed.

Mate its full wheel removal sand blast repainted re balanced and back on car. This is done by a reputable company. I went from 17" to 18" I've scuffed front passenger wheel I paid £250 for 4 wheels and £200 for tyres that included taking old ones off and balancing.
fc5c51a07c83ead762591dcf5b5b0e8e.jpg

A Scot living in Canada.....300 quid a wheel is high. I just had a rear 19" diamond cut alloy wheel done for $290.00 Canadian including removal and balancing and fitting removing spare. That is about 170 quid and a top notch on a lathe, paint and clearcoat

Hey no its £300.00 for all 4 wheels, not per wheel lol sorry maybe I was not clear.
They are also lending me a set of wheels to keep me on the road and also doing the center caps in gloss black as well.

I dont mind my wheels, but would like something new, but to be honest all I can afford right now would be something like wolfrace and they are not the best alloys.
I have tried a few places and they are all around £300.00 so I am on the fence.
I am not sure how @leonwilliams is getting them done at 180 for repair and powdercoat, must be a friend or mobile and not a full wheel remove and repair and paint, 180 seems way too cheap considering the work that is needed.
I had few quotes but mainly mobile.
Can have wheel stripped from tyre, blasted and powder coated for £80. That will take about a day and I have to leave my car there.
Or, I can call a guy who can arrive to me and do them all within 4 hours for £240 but without tyres removed.
Been also quoted by a mobile guy who split tyres from wheels and takes a bit longer to finish them all but fully sprayed.

Sent from H P20 PRO

I've no idea where some of you guys live I shop around when it comes to parting with my money. Example egr valve oil cooler genuine Audi £600 all inc vat 2yrs warranty. Cam belt water pump £600 from Audi inc mot for life. If I can save money I'll do work my self. Doing rear shocks. Front discs and pads. Already done front shocks and springs

I've no idea where some of you guys live I shop around when it comes to parting with my money. Example egr valve oil cooler genuine Audi £600 all inc vat 2yrs warranty. Cam belt water pump £600 from Audi inc mot for life. If I can save money I'll do work my self. Doing rear shocks. Front discs and pads. Already done front shocks and springs

I'm in London and do shop around also but wherever I go, prices follow

Sent from H P20 PRO

Reactions: leonwilliams
I'm in London and do shop around also but wherever I go, prices follow

Sent from H P20 PRO
I'm in Yorkshire so have loads of places to go get prices from mate. do feel for you prices over in flated in London

Reactions: KrisKrk