New alloys arrived today, but not what I expected.

Or get them refurbed for another possible project....:whistle2:

Here you go, not the best of pic of a grubby old bus but you get the basic's.
Looks nice in my opinion, a bit more aggressive and up to date without going OTT.:icon thumright:
when the sun is out and daytime I'll get some better pics of it clean.

I've some 8pot brembo's in the pipeline now aswell so another item to add, going yellow this time.
View attachment 240830View attachment 240831View attachment 240832View attachment 240833

What size tyre u got on them rob ,look great btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
What size tyre u got on them rob ,look great btw

I just swapped over the 235/35 19' goodyears from the veemans.
I must say they look lower profile than 35 now than they did on the veemans , maybe just another optical illusion due to the rim style, still look nice with the lower profile effect.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
I've done a few miles in the old bus today with the OZ's on and they run really smoothly, i know it sounds mad but there is a noticeable difference compared to the Veemans, maybe as they are lighter aswell , whatever it is i like it lots. :yahoo:

Downsides so far , only one , they are going to need cleaning on a regular basis to look their best, not the end of the world.

And i will be needing bigger calipers etc , 18z's look good but just lack that wowcher that 8pots will have..

Veemans have gone this evening too, only advertised them last night. :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan and Jamsmoo
Dibs on the 18z
42e8f35d15b9467855d176d7f75e7445.jpg

And on the oz’s

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and Charlie Farley
Temped to add a 3mm spacer on the rears to bring it all up to the same offset i was running with veemans , I'll have a ponder on it .

Well Rob, I've said it plenty of times (sorry) but the only colour wheels should be is silver - ESPECIALLY on a black car. Anthracite slightly better than the never under any circumstances black but I personally think they spoil your cars looks (which I always really liked before). My opinion of course, don't expect many to agree with me due to the current abhorrent 'fashion' of spoiling a car (any car) with black wheels. Nothing wrong with the design, I lke that but............ should be silver.

Nope fully appreciate your views chap, I'm a silver wheels guy too but I wanted to try something different for a change, push my boundaries a bit if you get my drift.
They are growing on me more and more as well, black was to dark for me but silver was a bit to same old safe and i wanted a newer look.
maybe if there was more black on the old bus it would look a bit too much but with all the silver tones they seem to work for me , well for now..lol.
Still like we say, it's all a personal preference thing, what works for one may not for another but i appreciate your view. :thumbs up:

Reactions: NevMan
Well Rob, I've said it plenty of times (sorry) but the only colour wheels should be is silver - ESPECIALLY on a black car. Anthracite slightly better than the never under any circumstances black but I personally think they spoil your cars looks (which I always really liked before). My opinion of course, don't expect many to agree with me due to the current abhorrent 'fashion' of spoiling a car (any car) with black wheels. Nothing wrong with the design, I lke that but............ should be silver.
I think my anthracite BBS look the part

IMG 9061ss

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, Charlie Farley and boffin486
I've done a few miles in the old bus today with the OZ's on and they run really smoothly, i know it sounds mad but there is a noticeable difference compared to the Veemans, maybe as they are lighter aswell , whatever it is i like it lots. :yahoo:

Downsides so far , only one , they are going to need cleaning on a regular basis to look their best, not the end of the world.

And i will be needing bigger calipers etc , 18z's look good but just lack that wowcher that 8pots will have..

Veemans have gone this evening too, only advertised them last night. :icon thumright:
Defiantly not dreaming Rob i had my oem 18's on while i was getting the fondmetals fitted with new tyres and the difference when they was back on is night and day, the handling, acceleration and general feel of the car overall was so much lighter and faster with the fondmetals on even turn in and corner holding was improved massively, oz know how to make an awesome wheel and lightweight, always said it from the motorbikes to cars lightweight wheels are by far the best mod you can do.

And before you all say, not again, yes I'm still messing around with my alloys..lol
As much as the colour i choose for the oz rims is great and I really like it, on the car they just seem to become darker, whether its the reflection from the black bodywork on them, I just can't put my figure on it, anyway they need to be lighter but not silver.

having spent a while messing around with more colours I have finally found the right shade and it's in a satin finish, gloss just seemed to blingy.
Not sure what colour it is but its the one for my black bus.
The only snag is that i really like the alloys too...arghhhhhh, choices , choices.
Anyway , it's the colour I'm going with whether it's on the oz's or the others.

R81
R82
R83

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and Jamsmoo
And before you all say, not again, yes I'm still messing around with my alloys..lol
As much as the colour i choose for the oz rims is great and I really like it, on the car they just seem to become darker, whether its the reflection from the black bodywork on them, I just can't put my figure on it, anyway they need to be lighter but not silver.

having spent a while messing around with more colours I have finally found the right shade and it's in a satin finish, gloss just seemed to blingy.
The only snag is that i really like the alloys too...arghhhhhh, choices , choices.

View attachment 243066View attachment 243067View attachment 243068
Rob you are the worst for buying wheels :tearsofjoy: how many sets do you own now your like the male version of women with shoes

Reactions: Stanningtonglen and Charlie Farley
has to be done ..lol

But seriously, I still have the oz's, I've borrowed the R8 alloy .
I saw it in my refurb guys workshop and it just looked spot-on colour wise but wanted to fit it to see in the flesh, just happens that I really like the R8 alloys too. :yes:
As I'd need to buy four fronts for a B7 I'm very unlikely to go with them, very happy with the OZ's but even more so now I've found the right colour for my old black bus.:yahoo:

I never expected an R8 rim to go straight onto a b7 let alone clear 18z's , they fit really nicely , well fronts do , rears are never going to work..lol
I wish i'd thought of these seriously before as they would have saved a shed load of money and time fuffing around, still that's life. :yes:

The R8 alloy wheel pattern does lend itself very well to the B7 style, the more I look at them on it the more i find myself asking another question should I ...

View attachment 243066View attachment 243067View attachment 243068

Judging by those disks I’m opening a book on how many miles rob does in his bus ,odds and mileage available on request

Judging by those disks I’m opening a book on how many miles rob does in his bus ,odds and mileage available on request

I do very few miles these days, i washed the old bus last night and look what happens....ruddy rusty already..lol
a quick blast round the block and they will be shinny shinny...

Have to say that that's a better wheel and colour for your car, I've never been a fan of black for wheels I find you lose a lot of the details on certain rims especially when photographing. Even on my b8 dynamik which is white I've never really liked the solid gloss black finish which is why I bought another set to have powder coated in trad Ricer matt bronze :blink: if I don't like them then not a big deal to change colour and the sand blasting only cost me £70 for the set and my unit backs onto a firm that powder coats so only £80 for that .... :icon thumright: