New Akraprovic exhaust for RS3?

Borjaworld

Reaction score
Hello,

As a owner of a 2019 Audi RS3 with OPF filters im really disappointed with the sound so im looking everyday for any news of how I can get back the nice sound of previous RS3.

I saw this post on instagram some days ago;

And now in the site of Audi I just saw that page;

https://www.audi.com/en/experience-audi/audi-sport/r-rs-serial-models/rs3.html

But this is really strange because I asked Akrapovic for that question and they answered me this;

u3NX6kY.png

So anyone have any info?

Hello,

As a owner of a 2019 Audi RS3 with OPF filters im really disappointed with the sound so im looking everyday for any news of how I can get back the nice sound of previous RS3.

I saw this post on instagram some days ago;

And now in the site of Audi I just saw that page;

https://www.audi.com/en/experience-audi/audi-sport/r-rs-serial-models/rs3.html

But this is really strange because I asked Akrapovic for that question and they answered me this;

u3NX6kY.png

So anyone have any info?

New OPF model has 4 sensors, 2 before the Filters and 2 after.

You are going to have to risk your warranty if you want better sound.
Exhaust change plus ECU tweaks / coding out the sensors.

New OPF model has 4 sensors, 2 before the Filters and 2 after.

You are going to have to risk your warranty if you want better sound.
Exhaust change plus ECU tweaks / coding out the sensors.

Thank you for your quick response.

But if is in the site of Audi and is a colaboration with Akrapovic I don't think I would loose my warranty. Don't would have sense if I loose warranty for something Audi is selling me.

Thank you for your quick response.

But if is in the site of Audi and is a colaboration with Akrapovic I don't think I would loose my warranty. Don't would have sense if I loose warranty for something Audi is selling me.

It’s referring to the Audi sports exhaust.

Developed in conjunction with Akra.

A great addition to any RS3 at the time of ordering.

Did you not spec the sports exhaust then ?

The 2019 still has the Petrol particulate filters and these are what are stunting the sound.

Reactions: GW1
It’s referring to the Audi sports exhaust.

Developed in conjunction with Akra.

A great addition to any RS3 at the time of ordering.

Did you not spec the sports exhaust then ?

The 2019 still has the Petrol particulate filters and these are what are stunting the sound.

Yeah, I have the option of sport exhaust but is not developed in conjunction with Akra. That one on the site must be a new one because at least for 2019 RS3 Akrapovic never developed any exhaust.

I know is different for others models like RS6 where sport exhaust option is developed with Akra. Not the case for RS3.

The akrapovic one fitted to the rs6 is just over£8k.
I can not see this being any cheaper if the do develop it tbh.

Yeah, I have the option of sport exhaust but is not developed in conjunction with Akra. That one on the site must be a new one because at least for 2019 RS3 Akrapovic never developed any exhaust.

I know is different for others models like RS6 where sport exhaust option is developed with Akra. Not the case for RS3.

So if Akra deny all knowledge of developing it for the RS3 (19 or any year) then who’s selling it and more importantly who made it ?

Can’t see it being any better than the Audi sport exhaust, not heard anything that sounds better for the money.

Your biggest issue is getting shut of the petrol particulate filters and the software map to re-introduce the pops /bangs / upshift bangs.

Reactions: DW81, JWAM and banny650
The akrapovic one fitted to the rs6 is just over£8k.
I can not see this being any cheaper if the do develop it tbh.
So if Akra deny all knowledge of developing it for the RS3 (19 or any year) then who’s selling it and more importantly who made it ?

Can’t see it being any better than the Audi sport exhaust, not heard anything that sounds better for the money.

Your biggest issue is getting shut of the petrol particulate filters and the software map to re-introduce the pops /bangs / upshift bangs.

This is exactly what I would like to know.

My issue is that I don't want to loose warranty and if really akra is a new option for the RS3 I would like to buy, even if I have to spend 5.000€ or 6.000€.

At the end if this akra is not a reality, I will have to do what you said. map to re-introduce the pop/bangs loosing my warranty.

This is exactly what I would like to know.

My issue is that I don't want to loose warranty and if really akra is a new option for the RS3 I would like to buy, even if I have to spend 5.000€ or 6.000€.

At the end if this akra is not a reality, I will have to do what you said. map to re-introduce the pop/bangs loosing my warranty.

Fitting any exhaust onto the 2019 isn’t going to magically make the sound any better.

The biggest muting of the 5 cylinder character is the PPF.

Don’t forget the 2019 European Evo engine has been revised internally also with different pistons/cams & compression ratio.

Reactions: banny650 and Terminator x
Fitting any exhaust onto the 2019 isn’t going to magically make the sound any better.

Don’t forget the 2019 European Evo engine has been revised internally also with different pistons/cams & compression ratio.

So in your opinion the only way is to re-map and change downpipes to get the sound back. I would like to but I really don't need more power but more sound.

So in your opinion the only way is to re-map and change downpipes to get the sound back. I would like to but I really don't need more power but more sound.

I honestly cannot see how spending that much on the Akra exhaust is going to better the Audi Sport exhaust you get from the factory........

Easier (and cheaper) just to buy a pre GPF car. Better sound, better value.

Reactions: Terminator x
I would suggest the person who replied didn’t know about the exhaust and that’s why they said that. Always assume support people are stupid and misinformed.

Reply with the link and information and watch them act confused...

I had a look at the Akra exhaust for the pre gpf car, its an Audi option. It is only the back box, so I would imagine that it should fit or be easily adapted to the current model. But as others have mentioned it will only alter the tone of the sound you already have. You would need to increase the volume and tune to get all the noise back.

PCW exhaust Mods will modify the new RS3 exhaust system fpr £300 , i've heard it live & it sounds lovely the latest RS3 like mine goes from 86.9db to 94db

Reactions: Riko0073 and Banjo1990

I am wondering, what is your source regarding different pistons/cams, compression ratio? Part numbers in ETKA or? And what exactly is the reasoning for it? All connected to the GPF? And what exactly are the differences?

As for the Akra, it's Audi Sport's Titanium Exhaust option, you can order it at your Audi dealer. Costs something over 5k EUR, but I do believe it does come with mid-pipes. I can confirm that Akra has no plans to develop it for 2019, but me being stuck with DNWA as well, I am trying to talk them into test fitting it onto mine, just to see what must be done to make it fit. I don't expect the sound to change that much, because indeed GPF is the bigger issue. But I've heard Akra on 2018 and it sounds sick... :)