New A7 Black Edition Owner

PCA7

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just bought my first A7, (well I've had it a couple of weeks) always wanted one and im not disappointed, I love it. It's a 2016 218bhp Black Edition Quattro, I wanted the facelift model, as i liked the tweaks they had made.

I was looking to possibly remap it but feels quick enough, I am looking to have the power folding side mirrors installed when I can.

I'm looking for some help on the spoiler, the last few days on the motorway, it comes up automatically as it should but when I slow down, I get spoiler malfunction and it stays up.
The only way to reset it, is by turning the car of and on!! Any ideas on this, what it could be and how to fix it?

Also I have the Bose system with the subwoofer in the boot but I have no subwoofer setting in the setting?!? Is it possible to get this setting?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be adding more pics once I've had it cleaned and dressed

Attachments

• 20191231_104124.jpg
    20191231_104124.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 690
  • 20191231_104239.jpg
    20191231_104239.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 394
Reactions: Ebby, GazWeavs, Bishop187 and 2 others
There is no subwoofer setting on the MMI.
I was actually underwhelmed by the (Bose) subwoofer sound in the car, and ended up installing a subwoofer box that sits in the corner of the boot.

Sounds like you may have a fault on the spoiler control unit. If your under warranty, I’d be taking it back to the dealer to have that sorted.

218bhp on a car that tips the scales close to 2 tons deserves to be remapped - it will transform the car.

Enjoy the car :racer:

There is no subwoofer setting on the MMI.
I was actually underwhelmed by the (Bose) subwoofer sound in the car, and ended up installing a subwoofer box that sits in the corner of the boot.

Sounds like you may have a fault on the spoiler control unit. If your under warranty, I’d be taking it back to the dealer to have that sorted.

218bhp on a car that tips the scales close to 2 tons deserves to be remapped - it will transform the car.

Enjoy the car :racer:

Thanks for the reply RAF_S7, I agree the subwoofer is a bit pants, I had a 750w B&O system in my last car, a Focus Vignale that sounded much better!!
I checked with Audi and I'm 4 months out of warranty and they didnt really wanna know, unless I paid £60 for diagnostics then £180 an hour to fix it. I sprayed WD40 on the joints last night and it seemed to be fine this morning!! :rockwoot:
At what speed does the spoiler come up automatically?

Need to find a decent place to get it remapped then :icon thumright:

Hi mate nice car. Love that colour.

I’m pretty sure I remember reading that your engine is a detuned version of the more powerful 3.0 tdi 272ps And I see some remapping places saying they can tune your 3.0 tdi 218ps to 320ps.

Not to sure about your your spoiler issue.

Some people replace the Bose sub while keeping the original sub enclosure. Just search it.

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

Spoiler up at 85MPH.

You can also hit the button on the dash to raise (and lower) it manually.

If it pops automatically at 85, it lowers (if I remember correctly) around 45-50mph.

If you know someone with VCDS, see if they can scan the car for faults.

If you don't know anyone, have a look at the VCDS Map tab at the top of the page, and see if you can find someone near to you. Generally its scan for beer tokens :racer:

Hi All,

Just bought my first A7, (well I've had it a couple of weeks) always wanted one and im not disappointed, I love it. It's a 2016 218bhp Black Edition Quattro, I wanted the facelift model, as i liked the tweaks they had made.

I was looking to possibly remap it but feels quick enough, I am looking to have the power folding side mirrors installed when I can.

I'm looking for some help on the spoiler, the last few days on the motorway, it comes up automatically as it should but when I slow down, I get spoiler malfunction and it stays up.
The only way to reset it, is by turning the car of and on!! Any ideas on this, what it could be and how to fix it?

Also I have the Bose system with the subwoofer in the boot but I have no subwoofer setting in the setting?!? Is it possible to get this setting?

Hi PCA7

I'm local to you so if you want me to plug VCDS i'm more than happy to do so. I've gotten my A7 remapped as well. Running healthy and pulls quick!

Reactions: PCA7
Hi PCA7

I'm local to you so if you want me to plug VCDS i'm more than happy to do so. I've gotten my A7 remapped as well. Running healthy and pulls quick!

Hi Ebby,
The spoiler seems to have stopped now, I put some WD40 on the arms and that seems to have worked, touch wood it stays that way.
What have you had yours remapped to and did it improve your MPG?
I do want to get it remapped just looking for somewhere, I've seen a couple of places that state they can get it up to 320bhp.
Just not sure where to go.

Hi Ebby,
The spoiler seems to have stopped now, I put some WD40 on the arms and that seems to have worked, touch wood it stays that way.
What have you had yours remapped to and did it improve your MPG?
I do want to get it remapped just looking for somewhere, I've seen a couple of places that state they can get it up to 320bhp.
Just not sure where to go.

Hi PCA7

Fingers crossed!
Mine is the 320bhp edition. Its mapped to 376bhp and 594 lbs/ft torque so overtaking is lightning speed. In terms of MPG i would say its improved slightly wouldn't say alot! Full tank will give me around 510 miles (range). Mines pretty much local driving to and from work which consits of a dual carriageway and the rest normal roads. I get about 300 miles give or take. My local trip to London there and back plus driving around London gave me 3/4 tank leftover with 350 miles on the odo. 42 MPG on the motorway.

I got my map done by Rick @ Unicorn Motor Developments up in Stockport. Everything is done in house and its a live rolling map. Not a generic off the shelf map which most companies use. This guy knows his stuff and i would highly recommend him. Rick was only 1 hour 30 minutes away so didn't mind the travel.

Reactions: mister.c.
Love that colour car. Getting a TDI Tuning box on mine in the summer (245ps - 309ps & 500nm - 595nm torque). Says it improves MPG too. Bluetooth option gives finger tip control over 7 programs, and is totally untraceable if removed. Looks to be a really good bit of engineering

Reactions: Ebby and Corb2000
Love that colour car. Getting a TDI Tuning box on mine in the summer (245ps - 309ps & 500nm - 595nm torque). Says it improves MPG too. Bluetooth option gives finger tip control over 7 programs, and is totally untraceable if removed. Looks to be a really good bit of engineering

I’d be careful with tuning boxes. I was looking to get one, but the more I researched it, the more I got put off. I heard they can cause your dpf the clogged up a lot quicker.

Reactions: Ebby
I’d be careful with tuning boxes. I was looking to get one, but the more I researched it, the more I got put off. I heard they can cause your dpf the clogged up a lot quicker.

I agree with Bishop197. I'd stay away from tuning boxes. DPF tends to clog up fast and sometimes they can end up being quite smokey. Plus side is quick installation and different modes to suit normal driving or track day. If you were to go for the tuning box route i would suggest you find a reputable company but for me a custom remap is the way forward.

Reactions: Bishop187
I agree with Bishop197. I'd stay away from tuning boxes. DPF tends to clog up fast and sometimes they can end up being quite smokey. Plus side is quick installation and different modes to suit normal driving or track day. If you were to go for the tuning box route i would suggest you find a reputable company but for me a custom remap is the way forward.

These guys seem very reputable, and sound like they have a fair bit of experience in the motor sport industry. Come with a 5 year warranty also?

These guys seem very reputable, and sound like they have a fair bit of experience in the motor sport industry. Come with a 5 year warranty also?

I was looking at the same company. But decided against it. I’ll be getting a custom remap at some point soon. But at the end of to day it’s your choice.

Reactions: Ebby and AUDI_ADDICT
Hi All,

Hi PCA7, regarding the subwoofer setting. I now have it in my car. I have the Bose system too. I got factory CarPlay enabled on my car and they had to update the MMI firmware. After the update I can now control the sub by itself.

Also Tabby, you can never have too much power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi PCA7, regarding the subwoofer setting. I now have it in my car. I have the Bose system too. I got factory CarPlay enabled on my car and they had to update the MMI firmware. After the update I can now control the sub by itself.

Also Tabby, you can never have too much power

Hi Bishop,
I don't think I can update mine to the car play, think it has to be a certain version off MMI in the car and I can't remember how to check! Lol This was all I could find on mine.
I might be wrong if you know or anybody know.
thanks

Attachments

• 20201112_090855.jpg
    20201112_090855.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 276
Lol i guess.

Bishop where did you get the update done from for car play?

Vagcarcoding.com. [mention]DJAlix [/mention] drop him a pm. He’s a top guy. He’s based in north London. But if you can’t get to him, I think he is now offering a remote service too. But best to ask him. I have another thread bout it on here.

Here you go

Factory CarPlay Activated
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...ctivated.411753/&share_type=t&link_source=app

Last edited:
Hi Bishop,
I don't think I can update mine to the car play, think it has to be a certain version off MMI in the car and I can't remember how to check! Lol This was all I could find on mine.
I might be wrong if you know or anybody know.
thanks

Ok. Yes I have to MIB2 with the bigger screen and touch pad. Yo can always ask [mention]DJAlix [/mention] to check by sending him ur vin. But you may still be able to update your MMI firmware and get the subwoofer control.

Got in touch with djAli as you said Bishop and that guy defo knows what hes talking about.

Hi PCA7

Hi Ebby. I'm local to you and hoping you might be able to help me enable TPMS in my SQ5? I have the right ABS module (1AT) just need VCDS to do the rest.

TIA

Jdubbya