New A6 C8 Avant 2.0 tdi

Looks fanstastic, can’t wait for mine now!, hoping performance won’t be too bad coming from a golf R!, also, anyone know the difference between the Hd matrix LED V standard matrix led’s?

Looks fanstastic, can’t wait for mine now!, hoping performance won’t be too bad coming from a golf R!, also, anyone know the difference between the Hd matrix LED V standard matrix led’s?
If you are coming from a Golf R I would get the DTUK box. I have had a Golf R in the past (S5 now) and the A6 if you are getting the 40tdi will be notably slower but not slow (if that makes sense).
The tuning box fitted to this diesel will give a big slug of torque. Andrew at DTUK gave me a heads up that the box takes it to 250 bhp.

Reactions: ChetA6
That’s pretty decent for a 2.0tdi, not expecting similar performance levels, just enough if you know what I mean, always get the impression with the golf that it’s performance is being wasted, especially at a cruise (manual cars awful gearing doesn’t help)

Detailer started at 8am and finished just in time before the light has gone. Took some photos and popped them onto the photos thread:
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/a6-s6-allroad-c8-chassis-picture-thread.380225/#post-3354894
Looks good.
Never considered getting detailing done on a new car. Was under impression the “soft paint” required a few months to cure but this assumption is based on very old information and not contemporary fact. Would be interested to know what work is done and products used. The old C6 received Autoglym polish and wax every 6 months after the first year and looked great until sale 10 years later.

I've only had them working for 5 minutes last night, but firstly, they appear a little brighter, secondly the pattern appears to be wider, but the major difference was that they switch/select much faster. They were dancing around all over the place, to cope with oncoming vehicles. A significant difference compared with the matrix lights that are currently on my A4. If there is any difference between those and the "normal" matrix lights on the A6 I can't comment. I was told by the dealer that there are more elements, so the beam can be controlled more accurately, but I couldn't really notice this in the 5 minutes last night, will report more when I've driven with them for a little longer.

Reactions: ChetA6
Looks good.
Never considered getting detailing done on a new car. Was under impression the “soft paint” required a few months to cure but this assumption is based on very old information and not contemporary fact. Would be interested to know what work is done and products used. The old C6 received Autoglym polish and wax every 6 months after the first year and looked great until sale 10 years later.

With todays more modern paint and clear coat, I firmly believe that paint protection, when applied correctly can make a big difference. I had it applied to my last car, was please with how it worked, so also had it on this new one. Not only does it make the car look polished for longer, it makes the surface easier to maintain the finish. My experience with the last car was that after washing, the high shine comes straight back, with no need to polish, and grime, bugs, etc washes off easier. The problem with paint protection is that it is often misapplied (mis-sold) by a dealer. They charge a high price, but don't prep the car properly, so the product doesn't work properly and then it gets a bad name.

The detailer I used first washed the car, then prepared it for the paint protection by ensuring the paint surface was as clean and decontaminated as possible using a combination of products and techniques (machine policy, clay bar, alcohol wipes, etc). The guy I had was absolutely meticulous. He found several small scratches that he first buffed out, before applying the various products, and then finally the paint protection. He showed me where a scratch had been on the wing, and the dealer had attempted to remove it, but done a poor job, leaving the machine buffer marks. He said he saw it straight away but I hadn't noticed it, to be fair I didn't look hard at the dealer as I was just keen to get home. The actual paint protection product only took a couple of hours to apply, but the preparation took 5 hours - and that was on a car I picked up new yesterday! It does look pretty immaculate now though. This specific product was Autoglym life shine, but that is just because I wanted to use this particular detailer and that is the product they use. They also offer Williams ceramic protection, which looks utterly astounding, but I've spent enough on this car so just couldn't stretch that far.

Reactions: Simonwhite2000 and Paul - Berkshire
As you may be able to tell, having trouble deciding. Two identically specced and priced vehicles at two dealers, in two colours.

As you may be able to tell, having trouble deciding. Two identically specced and priced vehicles at two dealers, in two colours.
Haha I'm a big fan of Navarra Blue but this blue is darker and has much less pop. Are you going saloon or avant

Haha I'm a big fan of Navarra Blue but this blue is darker and has much less pop. Are you going saloon or avant

Avant mate, got an A6 saloon now but need room for the dog.
The blue will look black a lot of the time floret silver is very underrated in my view and will stand out more. Very clean looking.
You found a good deal then? Binned off the A4? More importantly when you are you going to cave and help me fit my auto hold kit on my S5? Hahaha!

Thing is, I had a black A4 B8, then two black A6 C7's, so fancy something different. Plus the silver one has the rotor grey interior, I've always had black.
They have a fairly modest spec (Tech Pack & Privacy Glass) to keep the budget down and can have either in the next 2 weeks, not 2 months! Not binning the A4 until I've signed on the dotted line, don't want to end up with nothing!
I wouldn't trust myself to fit anything, I just about know where the screen wash goes!

Blue v silver

hmmm. Nice. For me, it would be the Blue. Just looks like it catches the light better...

Decided on the silver, off for a test drive this afternoon and hopefully seal the deal

Reactions: Simonwhite2000
All sorted, had a test drive and it feels far more refined than my A6 C7.5. Much quieter and the engine pulls well, although I didn't try too hard as it was lashing down in Preston.
Sat Nav seems low down compared to my current one, but I love the displays. Long time since I drove an auto, so that will take a bit of getting used to.
Should have it early next week :grinning:

All sorted, had a test drive and it feels far more refined than my A6 C7.5. Much quieter and the engine pulls well, although I didn't try too hard as it was lashing down in Preston.
Sat Nav seems low down compared to my current one, but I love the displays. Long time since I drove an auto, so that will take a bit of getting used to.
Should have it early next week :grinning:
Nice, well done. Next week is definitely preferable to February for the A4!
I'm just starting to get used to the diesel compared to the 190PS TFSI I previously had in the A4. Throttle response is unsurprisingly very different..., especially from stationary.

Reactions: DaveW
Nice, well done. Next week is definitely preferable to February for the A4!
I'm just starting to get used to the diesel compared to the 190PS TFSI I previously had in the A4. Throttle response is unsurprisingly very different..., especially from stationary.
Different good or different bad? Is it a case of more "low down grunt" for the TDi?

Can't say at the moment that it is good or bad, just different. I definitely need more pedal when pulling away from a stationary position, it feels like the clutch is slipping (purposely). So on the one hand, to pull away quickly requires a lot of pedal which I haven't got right yet, so it ends up being quite jerky, and with some wheel spin. On the other hand, under normal conditions, it means it is super smooth when pulling away.

Our Avant landed last week and I’m really impressed. 40TDI S-Line with Tech pack and aftermarket tints...

Reactions: Simonwhite2000 and DaveW
Nightmare situation for me. Our new A6 was delivered yesterday in the howling wind and pouring rain. Thus morning I noticed a scrape at the bottom of the front bumper that I didn't spot but could see clearer with dry paint. Naturally audi are saying tough it's my car now so I've got a 600+ Bill to fix a brand new car.
Next time I'm going refuse delivery in such weather.

Our Avant landed last week and I’m really impressed. 40TDI S-Line with Tech pack and aftermarket tints...
How is the testing going with that new engine? I'm interested to hear what you've found out?

Nightmare situation for me. Our new A6 was delivered yesterday in the howling wind and pouring rain. Thus morning I noticed a scrape at the bottom of the front bumper that I didn't spot but could see clearer with dry paint. Naturally audi are saying tough it's my car now so I've got a 600+ Bill to fix a brand new car.
That is outrageous, really sorry to hear that, that's the last thing anyone would want to find out on their brand new purchase! Have you driven it, or does it still have delivery miles? If it is only the delivery miles, maybe that would count for something proving you haven't driven it?
Is this a normal practise from a dealer or just this dealer not being a good one...?

Jesus that's bad.

Wednesday afternoon has been booked for me to collect mine. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed how clever the start/stop system is?
In queuing traffic, when the engine is off and the car in front moves away, the engine will start automatically, ready for the off.

Has anyone noticed how clever the start/stop system is?
In queuing traffic, when the engine is off and the car in front moves away, the engine will start automatically, ready for the off.
Yes absolutely, this is pretty cool. At first I just thought it was a co-incidence that the auto on/off was "running out" just before I was pulling away. Then after too many co-incidences, I realised it was detecting the car in front moving, and turning the engine on.

This makes such a big difference to the previous system in my A4. In the A4 when I hit the gas to pull away, it would switch the engine on and pull away in one motion, which always made it very jerky. I would either switch it off, or knock it into sport mode. This new detection is perfect. Now I leave the engine auto thing switched on.

Not sure if anyone already knows this, but voice command will also activate the heated seats. I tried guessing some commands and discovered "seat heating level 2" (or whatever level you want) will work!

Hi folks,
Has anyone ordered one of these yet, if so what sort of delivery times have you been given?
I ordered a A4 Avant TFSI back in April and still no build date, getting sick of it.
Thanks,
Dave
I have the 3.0 on order, submitted early Feb and indicative delivery early April. I was told at the time 2.0 slots for Avants were plentiful and as long as build week was confirmed, countdown was about 4-5 weeks for delivery. The C8 might be attractive to you also as is the A4 not being refreshed next year as well?

Errgh, excuse thhe brainfa*t, don't quite know why I thought replying to a 4 month old post was on point..! I blame the hell of half term with 2 under 10's....

Errgh, excuse thhe brainfa*t, don't quite know why I thought replying to a 4 month old post was on point..! I blame the hell of half term with 2 under 10's....
Haha no problem, hope your 50 arrives soon.