New A6 C7 owner - WLAN issues

oDUTCHYo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Took delivery of new car today - but have issues with WLAN:

I have iPhone 5, that picks up the Audi Hotspot, I pop the password in and iPhone shows as connected.

There is no SIM installed in the port, under dash.

However, A6 says not connected??!! - here is a pic of my FW etc

Can you help guys? I'd love to have access to Internet services - Google esrth etc...

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    840.9 KB · Views: 936
I think the problem is that you have an iPhone. The iPhone does not have the required bluetooth profile to connect your car to the Internet via the iPhone 's SIM card (unlike Android devices). You will need to obtain a data - only SIM card and put this into the slot in the dashboard, in oder to get full Google maps and Audi Connect functionality. That is unless you want to swap your iPhone for an android mobile device!
Good luck,
Dave

You need a SIM or a phone that supports rSAP (not an iPhone). And if you get a SIM then you need at least firmware 770 to be able to use the car SIM for data and your iPhone for calls.

Thanks Dave,

I've heard of people having issues when they use a sim in the dash And the Bluetooth to the phone doesn't work.

Also, does my FW need updating and know how/where I can get this done - exc. dealer

Yes, you can download 770 (or later) and do it yourself. Do you have BOSE?

If you upgrade it yourself you will need VCDS to enable the green menu and then use that to enable the 'data from SIM, calls from bluetooth' option.

Can you PM me with link for download please Charles and a 'how to' ?

No BOSE on this one mate..

PM me your email address and I'll see if I can help.

Reactions: oDUTCHYo
I've now installed FW 770 (kudos to CharlesElliott) for his help.

I've also slotted a giffgaff sim in the MMI slot and I still can't access DATA.

The 3G logo shows bottom right of screen, so it recognises the sim

Then when I try to access data, it shows:

This is tiring me out! Any help please???

Oh, under the settings for data it has o2 details and login etc, is this because it's a giffgaff sim?

All sorted.

If anyone has same issue with a giffgaff sim, you need to change the APN settings in telephone.

APN: Giff.gaff.com
Username: giffgaff
Password: password

All done! :0)

Reactions: IceHanger
All sorted.

If anyone has same issue with a giffgaff sim, you need to change the APN settings in telephone.

APN: Giff.gaff.com
Username: giffgaff
Password: password

All done! :0)
Glad you're all sorted!

Mine just links up with my phone (had to swap from an HTC to a Samsung), but any pre Windows Nokia and any Samsung should work, other manufacturers are a bit slower to offer RSAP Bluetooth support. Galaxy S3, S4, S5 all support it out the box.