new a6 avant owner

tintiningram

Reaction score
Hello

I bought an a6 avant a few weeks back 1999 c5 chassis 105000 miles in jaspis green for £850 in really good condition :happy: until a neighbour the night i got it or the day after keyed it :mad: theres a few things i need to sort if i can plus depending on price like the anti dazzle mirror and the dash display playing up but all in all i'm happy with the car :sm4:

Why did they key it? Utter bell!
What do you mean the dash is playing up?

Last edited:
Jealous I guess I'm 29 but where I live I think I'm the youngest in the small block of flats I think I know who done it if I'm rite I would say he's in his fifties and drives an 03 plate focus so me turning up with this mint a6 mite of hit a nerve.

the DIS for instances on the fule range the digits are missing like 285 would look like 205 plus I'm not sure if the water temp gauge is working as it doesn't move unless it's a normal thing?

sickening how some folk behave, jealousy is the worst, ive had that issue too in the past thankfully I caught them and lets just say they wont have picked up a key for a while let alone put it to paint lol.
best of luck with that situation.
my dis has a similar issue in that it shuts down a few pixels as it warms up, annoys the crap out of me but looks like a pricey repair so ill live with it,
engine temps id guess at your thermostat, I have a similar issue with mine, low mpg etc, replacing the stat is the most obvious and probably cheapest place to start, so im heading there first.

I'm thinking on getting a cctv camera as where I park I can see the car from the kitchen window , if it's pricy to replace then I'll put up with it unless I find the display cheap then I could solder it in, so the water temperature gauge is meant to move as mine never goes over 60 I'll look at getting a thermostat then :)

I'm thinking on getting a cctv camera as where I park I can see the car from the kitchen window , if it's pricy to replace then I'll put up with it unless I find the display cheap then I could solder it in, so the water temperature gauge is meant to move as mine never goes over 60 I'll look at getting a thermostat then :)

There's a DIS screen how to on the TTforum its pretty similar.
The Audi TT Forum :: View topic - DIY replacement of the DIS LCD screen

The temp should go up to 90 and then stay there... 60 suggests some fault.
If its really running cold then fuel use will be up..efficiency down

What engine is it? I replaced both the senders in my 1.9TDi, but it was the thermostat in the end.

My guess is if its a jaspis green 1.8t then the engine code is APU. Thermostat will definately need changing as you will be using more fuel than normal.

What's your oil temp like? Mine doesn't seem to reach temp. If it is an apu the temp sensor is built into the oil level sensor and is pretty expensive. That is if you can find the part number. Etka gives the number for a sensor that plugs into the oil cooler but this will not fit. Been running mine like this for a good few years but I am not sure if the oil temp impacts the fuelling in the same way that the thermostat does.

Fitted the new temp sensor and it's working fine :sm4: the oil temp is sitting at 90 notfastwes so that seems fine