New a5 owner

A3jack

Reaction score
hi lads, just bought myself a black Audi A5 3.0 Quattro 2007 full cream leather etc, the only thing I'm abit disheartened about is no sat nav! But would like to know what options I have with the unit I have, I don't have any joystick or anything behind the gear stick, but it does seem to have a parrot hands free kit installed , also when it's put in reverse the sensors etc work but abit disappointed it doesn't have the screen that shows which part of the car is close to what if you know what I mean, can I enable this with VCDS? Thank you Jack.

You could start by Googling "Audi Retrofits".
Your best options for SatNav are a Dynavin N6 or the £1400 Alpine X701D-A4R.

If your car had been fitted with SatNav, it would not have had a 7-digit postcode look-up. You would then have used a £50 TomTom to save your sanity.

Cheers for that mate, stick it up in just going to buy a tom tom probably better anyway haha!

You might be able to enable the visual parking aid with VCDS. Check the VCDS sticky on the forum.

Yes just found something on that, will give it ago soon and let you know, cheers Jack

:welcome!:You can definately do the parking graphics using VCDS I had it done a couple of months ago. Simple mod and don't know why Audi don't auto enable it other than cash!

Re the Sat Nav even if you have the hardware it will cost @ £500 to enable as dealer only (found that out to my cost with the A1). I stick with Tom Tom in that - more accurate as well, I even carry a Tom Tom in the A5 for tricky addresses.

Look forward to the pictures :sign pics:

Take it you went 3.0 TDI?

Hi mate! Great thank you for that! Looking forward to it! Will let you know! And yes mate of course I went for the 3.0tdi! Awesome engine from all these reviews! Only 19 (about to be 19) but I've wanted one since they came out!

Reactions: Swanny356 and Sandra
Well lads in the end I went for a different a5, in a silver/grey 3.0tdi Quattro with 100k miles on full leather sat nav, blue tooth, etc high spec and very happy with it!

hi how do you visually enable the parking graphics,i have vcds,factory satnav a5

Hi mate if you look it up on google it's quite easy can't remember the code but you go into steer/park assist, security access code , coding , little drop down menu at the bottom click on the optical parking and that's it done!

thanks....done it well nice!
i cleaned mmi screen with autoglym glass cleaner...come up well nice.