1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New a5 owner, just one question.

Antman713 May 9, 2018

1. Antman713

Antman713 New Member

So last weekend I finally became an Audi owner. A 60 plate a5 s line to be precise and I’m very happy with, I love it.

I’m just about up to speed with it now in terms of what does what and where to find everything etc..

So now I am left with only one question. 54F61CC2-1865-4BBC-ADF3-5C94EA47625E.jpeg In the armrest compartment I found an iPod cable with an adapter fitted with a lightening port. Very handy. BUT... Where the hell do you plug it in?!!

I searched on here and it seemed like it should be in the glove box but I can’t see anything??

So am I blind, stupid or misled by a non-compatible accessory??

Any help would would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

Chipmunk73 likes this.
  2. Seanchadwick2k3

Seanchadwick2k3 Audi A6 C6 2.0tdi 2011 Sline Special Edition Audi A6 S-line owners group Le Mans Edition

Have a look in the (ill call it roof) area of your glovebox, thays where it is on my A6

Chipmunk73 likes this.
  3. Chipmunk73

Chipmunk73 Active Member Audi S4

Normally this would connect under the armrest or in the glove box

4. DrEskimo

DrEskimo Well-Known Member

5. Chipmunk73

Chipmunk73 Active Member Audi S4

Lmao Dr​

DrEskimo likes this.
  6. pbarlow0032

pbarlow0032 Member

I don’t mean to hijack your thread, but I have a similar issue. I got a 10 reg s5 at the weekend, with the same wire, but plugged in in the glove box. However, the wire seems to intermittently work with my iPhone: sometimes charges, sometimes acts as an Aux lead, but doesn’t do the full AMI thing. I suspect I might need a new wire, does anyone know which one?
    If it helps, in mine there is a jack at the left hand side of the glove box next to the 6 disc changer, and the wire plugs into there. I’d post a photo but I don’t know how :-(

7. Antman713

Antman713 New Member

Cheers for the replies.

Now I’m sure my glove box doesn’t look like that. I’ve got the key holder thing and the bit that holds your phone, I did think that’s what it’s for but I’m sure I don’t have the bit above.

I’m going to have to go out and have a look now!

8. Antman713

Antman713 New Member

Yeah just checked, I definitely don’t have the AMI bit in the glovebox!

Erm, should I have??

Checked under the armrest I have an aux port but nothing for this.

9. DrEskimo

Its possible...I don't think the AMI was standard on 2010 S-Line models....but it's a bit odd you had the cable (with an adapter for the newer iPhone!) in the armrest?!

10. DrEskimo

Yea common fault when you don't have a genuine Audi cable, or the right colour....sorry I had my 09 A5 a good few years ago and can't remember what colour the collar on the AMI lead was...!

Go to Audi and ask to test a bunch to find the right one. I think it was yellow, but not 100%.

That or scour A5OC forum for my other helpful posts...:p