New A5 owner.. advice please

Coops6

Reaction score
Hi all
I have just purchased a 2014 A5 s-line quattro..I'm super happy with the car it looks and feels great.
My question is I have noticed a sound which I can say sounds like a winding sound..I notice it when I'm accelerating it increases and when I take my foot off the throttle it decreases..I'm not sure if this is air intake to keep the engine cool or something serious..it's a constant sound when I coast at 60 or above.

Any advice would be appreciated

Hi all
I have just purchased a 2014 A5 s-line quattro..I'm super happy with the car it looks and feels great.
My question is I have noticed a sound which I can say sounds like a winding sound..I notice it when I'm accelerating it increases and when I take my foot off the throttle it decreases..I'm not sure if this is air intake to keep the engine cool or something serious..it's a constant sound when I coast at 60 or above.

Any advice would be appreciated

Looks like it has a sunroof as well. You sure it is closed. Also, do you have your girlfriend/wife with you when the sound comes if so, you know the reason ...

On a serious note, is it petrol or a diesel. Also, how many miles has the car done and is it manual or auto?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Meemo
I wish it was the wife or kids I could fix that problem easy
It's a 2ltr diesel 40k on the clock stronic auto.
I asked my friend to sit in and listen he seems to think it's ok and could just be air intake keeping it cool.
But I want people's opinion as it was pretty loud when driving down the motorway.

Just to add there's no loss in performance and it was serviced recently including gearbox.
I'm just not 100% sure about this noise.

Without listening to it, it can be difficult to tell but I believe certain Audi models had wheel bearing issues between 35-75mph, which included A5s.

If it is approved used I'd book it in with Audi and get it checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched a video and it does sound similar to that issue.
I think I will take it to the local Audi garage and get them to have a look.

Thanks

Update

It was a faulty wheel bearing took it into my friends garage today.
Bearing swapped car sounds like a dream again