New A5 ordered

Boswell

Reaction score
Hello

I am new to the forum and to driving Audi’s, I am quite excited going from a 12 year old Nissan to a new A5 which I am looking to pick up on 1st Sept, although I am a little disappointed at missing out on tracking it through the build process.
What I am trying to do now is to figure out how monitor the remaining process in more detail on youraudi, although I have already missed most of the process as the dealership only gave me the order number 2 weeks ago which was 6 weeks after the order date, and they said the order status was confirmed and not yet built. I went on to the youraudi website the next morning the status was in transit, I have searched on here and on google and a most seem to know the build week and are able to track it on the ferry or know it’s still in Germany.

I have tried myaudi and youraudi online, but only youraudi shows the build status which is still showing as in transit and that its left Ingolstadt (its been like this for 2 weeks), am I looking in the right place.

Congratulation first of all!

Well transit takes between 2-4 weeks usually, but I'm confused then, since if its left Ingolstadt then its already been built! If its in transit that should take between 2-4 weeks. In any case your dealer should be able to give you more information.

Care to share your spec in the meantime?

is that 2-4 weeks from leaving Ingolstadt to arrived in the UK, or on its way to the UK.

I have ordered the Automatic Sport TFSI 2.0 190PS in Manhattan Grey with the Tech Pack, Comfort and Sound Pack, Extended LED lighting, the memory for the Driver seat and wing mirrors and I also had it de-badged..

When I first started looking though it was available with the option for the flat bottomed steering wheel, but unfortunately that option was no longer available by the time I ordered.

Mine arrived in about 4 weeks after it went to in transit phase. It was traveling to the port for about 2 weeks, waited in the port for almost 2 weeks, once arrived in the UK it was delivered in a few days.

Nice spec btw, make sure you share some pics when it arrives, I haven't seen the Manhattan Grey before, mine is the Daytona grey.

Welcome to Audi-sport.net. We look forward to seeing pics when your car arrives. Enjoy the forum. :)

I will definitely post some pics after I pick it up. My first choice colour was the Daytona Grey but it was not available on the Sport version, and I found it difficult to find a dealership with a car in Manhattan grey to view, but it looked good once I eventually found one. I looked at it on a sunny day when one side was in full sun and the other in shade, and the in full sun it's not far off Daytona but in the shade it's very close to black.

Does anyone know if the led entry lights for the old a5 will fit on the new model, these are the lights that fit on the bottom of the doors. My daughter has bought me a pair off eBay, they are the 4 rings.
I had a look on the Audi website and they have different sets for the new and old models.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk