New A5 2.0 TDI Remap?!

sizeshane

Reaction score
Hey all,

I received delivery of my Audi A5 Coupe 2.0 TDI in early December and i'm pretty happy with it apart from the ****** laaaaaaaaaag.

I'm seriously considering getting it remapped but i'm a real novice with this stuff. I've taken the time to read up on the basics and potential places to have it done but making the leap is tough man.

Has any one remapped the new model or heard of some one that has - - any do's and donts?

Any specific places i should approach to have it done as no where is standing out if i'm honest?

cheers,
Shane

Do you have an automatic?

When you say lag, do you mean the pause between hitting the accelerator at standstill and the time to actually get going?

Do you have an automatic?

When you say lag, do you mean the pause between hitting the accelerator at standstill and the time to actually get going?

yep its an auto mate and my point exactly regarding the "lag".....

Would remapping help with the lag as well as increasing overall performance or just the performance alone?

The way I understand it this lag is just a symptom of a big turbo and an automatic gearbox which does not let you build the revs...

One of my main motivations from moving from my turbocharged 2.0TFSI to my supercharged 3.0V6...!

I don't know if a remap will help, theoretically I can't see how, but I have no experience to say either way. Will certainly help in other areas..!

I'm currently waiting for my A5 Coupe (Status 38 at the port waiting to be shipped over) as soon as I've run in the engine I will be putting a Spider Chiptuning box into the car. I used the box in my Ford Focus and I saw good difference so I'm happy to use this in the new car and I've confirmed it will work with the new car.

Performance goes from 190ps to 247ps and torque 400NM to 520NM. From what I understand with remapping and chip boxes they don't completely get rid of the lag but it provides more torque sooner so the lag is less noticeable. If you go onto the Revo site and look at the new A4 B9 2.0tdi performance increase you can see there dyno results, should be similar for the A5 as they are virtually the same car.

Also if you know, how long did your car stay at port for until it was on a ship? I've been told it can take up to 2 weeks but I'm hoping it's sooner.

Last edited:
ok thanks man!!!!

i got mine within 10-14 days of leaving the factory, think mine was in the very first batch sent over. had mine before the show rooms "show car"!!!

I would be very surprised if a tuning box would do better than Revo. They have control of all of the engine parameters and the tuning box only usually raises the fuel pressure and boost pressure. If you look at the Revo dyno plot it only makes around 230bhp and just over 500Nm. Even they quote a range of outputs and the maximum is less than what spider are claiming for there tuning box.
Upload 2017 2 11 22 52 54

I can't wait to get the car! still on status 38, hopefully it will change sometime this week. I've only seen one Scuba Blue A5 and a grey S5 so far in and around Cambridgeshire, Hows it been driving your car? what's your MPG like?

I would have to agree somewhat to the tuning boxes not getting close to what they state, on my focus I get 12 Bhp less then what it states and around 20 Nm less in the torque department, however I tried the box in my parents A7 and it was virtually bang on the values it stated. Since then the I've taken the box back from their car as they went and had the proper remap as its "safer" for the engine long term also they can't tell the difference between the box and remap.

I generally keep my cars around 3 years and I like the flexibility of using it with different cars, maybe when I pick I car to keep long term I will go for the remap as most places say it better for the engine. Plus I can take out the box when the car goes in for a service and Audi shouldn't know a thing.

ok thanks man!!!!

i got mine within 10-14 days of leaving the factory, think mine was in the very first batch sent over. had mine before the show rooms "show car"!!!

Hows the process going have you tuned the car? Since my last message I picked up my car on the 2nd March and love it, such a big difference to my 06 Ford Focus 113hp. I've ordered the new loom for the tuning box and I will get it installed towards the end of the month when theres more miles on the clock (Currently 540)