New A4 quattro tdi - re-mapping

beachgang

Reaction score
Hi guys, picking up new a4 tdi quattro(running 143ps @ the mo). thinking of re-mapping(Celtic Tuning). Do I need to stick a few miles on the clock b4 having work done. Has anyone out there had a re-map on a tdi quattro(170ps)? Cheers:)

ive had my 09 2.0 170 fwd mapped to 200.much quicker pick up at 1500-2000.no change in mpg .well recommend colin at cnlremapping, he comes to you and keeps a copy of your original config.was the first guy in the uk to crack the ppd ecu.still cant catch the 320d!!

Depending on how new your car is you may find your choices much more limited.

Pretty much all of the current range or shipped with the ECU's 'locked'. Before remapping can take place the ECU must be removed from the car, opened and unlocked.

Cheers bud! will keep cnlremapping in mind ,
thanks and...oh! hope you get your sock.....

Thanks bud! it is brand spanking...i'd heard that the later ones may have the ecu's 'locked'.....will look into this more, local firm(Celtic tuning) didn't say there would be a problem, but will quiz em about it....Cheers!

I thought the quattros were all 170 BHP no?

I own a 2.0 tdi Quattro avant special edition 170 and had a remap done by advanced tuning. Had problems with my DPF ever since. My cars booked in for the DPF delete. Totally fed up with this problem

Had 2010 tdi 2.0 143 remapped by superchips, totally different car now, no problems but protected ecu meant bench job, as per these newer ecus.

I own a 2.0 tdi Quattro avant special edition 170 and had a remap done by advanced tuning. Had problems with my DPF ever since. My cars booked in for the DPF delete. Totally fed up with this problem
CNL warned me about problems with the dpf, which is why colin kept it to 200bhp.could have gone to 230 but for the dpf.

will the warranty void if the ECU is taken off and messed about with to remap it ?

hi i have a a4 2.0 tfsi quattro manual 2011 and i am thinking of getting it remapped, i have been to viezu technologies and they plugged a handset into the diagnostic port and they said we have got access to the ECU which means it is not locked and it is possible to remap it through the diagnostic port, but if i have to have the ECU taken off to remap it will this void my warranty ?
Thanks very much :)

Had my DPF delete done now by Martin at pendle performance... Absolutely awesome power now and very torquey! Smokes quite a bit now and oil needs topping up more regular! But well happy with the result

the dpf will fill up if you floor the car all the time, it will even do this on a standard non chipped car, if you have a good commute where you can sit at around 2500rpm it will clear itself out regularly.

the car is quicker without it due to the de-restriction in the exhaust but i prefer putting my foot down and leaving those ford guys behind without the smoke screen......