New A4 MMI - Sending location from MyAudi app to car issue

I picked up my 2020 S4 yesterday and have the same issue as everyone else, I only see pedestrian route and not send to car, its really cheesed me off as I had this on my old car that I traded in!

On google or on the inbuilt nav? Can you not send the location using the map on the MyAudi map?

Check your software version under “Settings” on the MMI. Latest version is 3281, this release cured the send destination to car problem. You need to quote TPI2059215 to your dealer to get this update if you have an earlier version

Check your software version under “Settings” on the MMI. Latest version is 3281, this release cured the send destination to car problem. You need to quote TPI2059215 to your dealer to get this update if you have an earlier version

Ah, just checked, mine is version 3171. Can the upgrade be done remotely or is it a dealer only job?

Can confirm mine is working now took car in for oil service today and they did SW update. I now have "received destinations and tours" on Nav Menu and was able to send destination from myaudi app on iPhone to MMI. Yay !

Thanks to everyone for the info posted on here, my car went into the dealer for a couple of days this week and has been updated to version 3281. Send to car now works via my app and my computer, it's also fixed other issues like Home address and Business address titles being in German and the dab radio taking 5 mins to initialise.

Last edited:
Reactions: WarwickBoy
Hello all. Is 3281 still the latest available firmware for the MIB3 platform for the 2020 A4?

I took delivery of my A4 Avant on 1st March, but it went into build on week 51 2020 I think. See attached pics. Bit sunny today, as you can see from the glare!

20210509 113506
20210509 113518

Thanks for this most kind. I have 3281, I did an ODIS scan on my vehicle but nothing higher than 3281 came up for my car.

HI Guys,

thank you for this thread. I have been searching this issue for a long time and not been able to find anything useful. As many of you I have the issue that MyAudi app does not have the function to send routes to the car navigation - even my user manual does not have the "received destinations" option. Now after reading this thread i believe that a sw version update will solve the issue. I have a relative old version ( 3174) installed. It is a bit strange that the dealer does not update the SW before delivering the car. I had it delivered in the beginning of April 2021. Now, I will have to arrange a visit to Audi to have the Sw update performed - would any of you know if it is a free service or i have to pay for a full working day (as i understand Sw download and installation is a slow procedure)

T

HI Guys,

thank you for this thread. I have been searching this issue for a long time and not been able to find anything useful. As many of you I have the issue that MyAudi app does not have the function to send routes to the car navigation - even my user manual does not have the "received destinations" option. Now after reading this thread i believe that a sw version update will solve the issue. I have a relative old version ( 3174) installed. It is a bit strange that the dealer does not update the SW before delivering the car. I had it delivered in the beginning of April 2021. Now, I will have to arrange a visit to Audi to have the Sw update performed - would any of you know if it is a free service or i have to pay for a full working day (as i understand Sw download and installation is a slow procedure)

T
Make sure that you tell them 3281 is what you require. The dealers do not have access to 3385 (I know I’ve asked) but there is an Audi TPI for this. Make sure they upgrade everything and do not use the optical loop. If you have the upgraded sound system, they just SVM the car afterwards as well. Make sure they do all of this properly. A lot of them bodge this by putting the loop on and the sound system does not get upgraded. After you have 3281 send destination will work again. I had the same firmware as you and this fixed my issues

Reactions: Oesterga
It is a free service. Beware it can take a long time so I would arrange a courtesy car. If the dealership know nothing about the update worth opening a case with Audi Connect Technical Support and they will point your dealer to the right update.

HI,

i have been scrolling through the thread but I can not find an screenshot of how this should look from the myaudi app on IOS - can some one with an iPhone (or iPad) please add screenshot showing how to send the route to the car from the IOS.

Thanks

Torsten

HI,

i have been scrolling through the thread but I can not find an screenshot of how this should look from the myaudi app on IOS - can some one with an iPhone (or iPad) please add screenshot showing how to send the route to the car from the IOS.

Thanks

Torsten

On Google maps it's.

Find destination
My Audi app
Send to car

I hope that helps.

On Google maps it's.

Find destination
My Audi app
Send to car

I hope that helps.
Thanks

following this procedure i get an error from myaudi app that i dont have any vehicle that supports this -

I am trying to collect information for my audi garage - they simply don't understand the issue. They had the car for the whole day yesterday and even if I told them that they needed to upgrade the sw (I have 3174) they did not do or understood. Just asked me to fill out some customer information for diagnosis and today asked for more pictures of my error....

Attachments

• EC096E0E-BF32-4061-A41B-2822F470FB84_1_102_o.jpeg
    EC096E0E-BF32-4061-A41B-2822F470FB84_1_102_o.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 101
Thanks

following this procedure i get an error from myaudi app that i dont have any vehicle that supports this -

I am trying to collect information for my audi garage - they simply don't understand the issue. They had the car for the whole day yesterday and even if I told them that they needed to upgrade the sw (I have 3174) they did not do or understood. Just asked me to fill out some customer information for diagnosis and today asked for more pictures of my error....

Last week I was getting an error message on the app but perversely was able to send destinations to the car via google maps.

On the myAudi app press the middle symbol on the bottom of the page. On the next page enter your destination in the ‘Find Destination’ box. On the next page press ‘Send to Car’

Thanks for the screenshots. That evidence that I did it correctly and that something is missing in my car, either correct software or a service. I should have Audi connect navigation and infotainment as required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi.
So i have had the MMI software upgraded to version 3281 and after that I had the option in myAudi app to send to the Car. It seemed to work from the phone and in the car MMI the additional tile showed up with “received destinations” however there is nothing under this tile???

0b7f17457d53474dc123f9f36d433837.jpg

Hi.
So i have had the MMI software upgraded to version 3281 and after that I had the option in myAudi app to send to the Car. It seemed to work from the phone and in the car MMI the additional tile showed up with “received destinations” however there is nothing under this tile???

0b7f17457d53474dc123f9f36d433837.jpg
Place two fingers side by side in the top right of your MMI screen. It will boot in to engineering mode. Once done, quit it. Your car MMI will reboot. Try again

Place two fingers side by side in the top right of your MMI screen. It will boot in to engineering mode. Once done, quit it. Your car MMI will reboot. Try again
HI Mallen1024,
Thanks for your advice - I tried following your guide and enter engineering mode. This works as you write - but does not change anything after rebooting system back to normal mode. Should i perform any activity in the engineering mode ?

BR
Torsten

HI Mallen1024,
Thanks for your advice - I tried following your guide and enter engineering mode. This works as you write - but does not change anything after rebooting system back to normal mode. Should i perform any activity in the engineering mode ?

BR
Torsten

If you’ve rebooted the car via the engineering mode, it has done a full reboot of the MMI. Make sure you have the data connection in your car, you should see the LTE connection. Log out of the MMI by selecting the Guest user. Let this log in fully. Leave this a few minutes. Then log back in with you myAudi user. Again, let this login for a few minutes. Then go to your maps app (Google/Apple whatever you use). I use an iPhone so I find an address click Share and choose the myAudi app. This opens the myAudi app and click Send. In the car select navigation and select received destinations. It can take a few minutes to receive the destination. If it still doesn’t work contact Audi digital services and open a case

If you’ve rebooted the car via the engineering mode, it has done a full reboot of the MMI. Make sure you have the data connection in your car, you should see the LTE connection. Log out of the MMI by selecting the Guest user. Let this log in fully. Leave this a few minutes. Then log back in with you myAudi user. Again, let this login for a few minutes. Then go to your maps app (Google/Apple whatever you use). I use an iPhone so I find an address click Share and choose the myAudi app. This opens the myAudi app and click Send. In the car select navigation and select received destinations. It can take a few minutes to receive the destination. If it still doesn’t work contact Audi digital services and open a case
HI mallen1024,

thanks for the update - i will try your steps later in the day and return with the result.

HI mallen1024,

thanks for the update - i will try your steps later in the day and return with the result.
HI,

I tried the steps to log out and in again with the key user, unfortunately it seems not to have any effect om my issue.
The local Audi dealer should be in contact with their support. .. . . .

HI,

I tried the steps to log out and in again with the key user, unfortunately it seems not to have any effect om my issue.
The local Audi dealer should be in contact with their support. .. . . .
Hi,

I don't know what happened but friday afternoon, while commuting home from work I suddenly got a notification that map update was available and several destination/ routes was received. NOW it seems like it works from google maps and from the myaudi app to send routes and destinations to the car. (Strangely enough i also opened a ticket with Audi digital service team support on the 15 july - they just replied today that this service is now no longer availeble from the myaudi app but only from the web version:

Rather strange as I have just tested and it works ? Maybe the plan to remove it in further updates of the myAudi app ? or just remove the function ? Strange company those Audi - or maybe i just dont understand them.....

Attachments

• 9B07D9E9-615A-4FFD-8A03-C6B370347CE5.jpeg
    9B07D9E9-615A-4FFD-8A03-C6B370347CE5.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 124
Hi,

I don't know what happened but friday afternoon, while commuting home from work I suddenly got a notification that map update was available and several destination/ routes was received. NOW it seems like it works from google maps and from the myaudi app to send routes and destinations to the car. (Strangely enough i also opened a ticket with Audi digital service team support on the 15 july - they just replied today that this service is now no longer availeble from the myaudi app but only from the web version:

Rather strange as I have just tested and it works ? Maybe the plan to remove it in further updates of the myAudi app ? or just remove the function ? Strange company those Audi - or maybe i just dont understand them.....

I’m really disappointed with the new MMI. It feels like it was released without proper testing and we are in fact the Beta Testers. Although sometimes it’s so bad we may actually be Alpha Testers lol. I had mine tell me that I no longer had phone, radio or navigation enabled. I clicked ok and then found it was all working anyway. It’s just shambolic firmware.