New A4 MMI - Sending location from MyAudi app to car issue

Hi, I have exactly same problem (S4 2020, collected in Nov), been back forth with Audi Connect helpline since Nov. Last week Audi Connect advised
"Following our phone conversation, we can see in our system that the service called "Destination entry via myAudi or Google Maps" is not booked for your vehicle." ie its not an option that was configured when ordering your vehicle which I don't buy as its clearly shown as a core feature in the wonders manual (as you have highlighted) It was on my previous version S4. Today they came back and advised:

"We are writing to let you know that your case is still under process by our technical department. As it appears your case is slightly more challenging, therefore our technical department is conducting a thorough research into providing you with an efficient solution. We appreciate your patience as our highest technical department is working feverishly on your case."

So we will see. My money is on a Software update for MMI.

For reference my case number is 0000268735

Dealer is helpful but reading between lines most people are not aware that this feature is not working so they are not getting any real hassle about it.

Thanks for posting, Steve

Reactions: WesT-gefül
Thank you for posting Steve. I thought I would have a chat with Audi Connect today on my case.

John (based in New York) was polite, and basically said "This is top priority and we are working on it, and we will let you know by email when it is resolved".

I also suspect, as you suggest, that this feature is not a great loss for everyone, but hopefully they are actually working to resolve it and the more people that complain about it will give them focus".

Out of interest, which maps version do you have in your car?
- I have a version ending in EU_2019.05 (see image below)

In myaudi.com I used to get a download option for a version 2020 map that I no longer see (see 2nd image below). I downloaded this to a USB key but could not get it to update.

I'm wondering whether my maps is out of date, and would like to update it, but that failed. I'm told this may also be related to the 2020 MMI issue.
(Full thread here: https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2019-maps.381894/page-3)

Upload 2020 2 12 19 33 49

Upload 2020 2 12 19 35 19

I'm wondering whether my maps is out of date, and would like to update it, but that failed. I'm told this may also be related to the 2020 MMI issue.

I think in one of your post mentioned that you were wanting to have the new A14 bypassing Huntingdon on the car's maps?

That road is included in the 2020 update so if it not showing on your car then it would seem you have a now superseded version.

Reactions: WarwickBoy and cuke2u
Thank you L_G. That road is not in my current maps? What version is shown in the MMI for you?

I presume if you have updated the map you have a pre-touchscreen car?

Has anyone with a 2020 A4/S4 managed to update their map?

Does anyone with a 2020 A4/S4 see the map update in https://my.audi.com ?

I used to have the download option available once logged in on my Windows PC Chrome browser but now it is not even shown as an option

Its a 2018MY so the 'old' technology

The 2020 update was still showing on 'myaudi' when I checked yesterday.

On my 2020 S4 I used to see Map Update almost 100% time on MyAudi.com via Safari Browser. Occasionally I would also get the Audi Navigation option (similar to what you have on MyAudi App) last week or so I have neither. Logged in / out both on Browser, App and MMI. does not seem to make any difference. Assuming this is linked to ongoing issues with sending address to MMI from MyAudi App.

Reactions: WarwickBoy
I think Audi may have disabled access to the map downloads for 2020 A4/S4 users, however I downloaded the maps before this was disabled but the update process outlined on page 211 in the provided owners manual does not work (probably due to MMI software issues).

I'm looking (via another post) to get proof that the map updates are available on the older Audis/MMI system by sharing version information (Audi owners with the previous non-touchscreen model state that their maps have roads like the new A14 Huntington bypass (which my maps do not have).

Armed with that evidence, it's a fairly simply ask of Audi "My 2020 Audi is not getting the promised map updates which I have paid for, which others are getting). What compensation would you propose?"

Reactions: Soot1e
MyAudi.com via Safari has started to given me map update options again, noticed this yesterday. Can't upload screenshot as file too big. Feels like it may be related to general connect issues. Re sending addresses to MMI from myAudi App, Audi support have asked for yet more screenshots ;-)

Steve

I'm glad that Audi support are asking you for screen shots. I note that this option is hidden in a menu on the iOS mobile app. Despite enabling this on my iOS mobile app, there seems to be no way to receive in the car.

Upload 2020 2 19 15 59 45

I do also have maps back in my my.audi.com. Posted to the map thread screen shots and an interesting observation.

Hi,
I'm soon (in couple of weeks) having my new 2020 A4 Avant and I'm curious to find out if Audi has made any updates on MMI-software since the first 2020-models... So bring on your firmware versions and we can compare them...

Happy to do this. What shall we capture? Suggest when you get your car you share the following

- Car Model and key features (e.g. 2020 Audi S4 Avant, Comfort+Sound, Black Edition)
- Car Delivery/Collection Date
- Settings - Software version
- HMI build version
- Navigation Database
- Media Driver
- Gracenote database
- Hardware
- Software version
- Can I log in to the car as a key user?
- Do I see map update in http://my.audi.com?
- Do I see 'Received Destination and Tours" and in the MMI under Navigation?
- Can I send a destination/route to the car from the MyAudi mobile app (if yes state which mobile platform (iOS/Android)
- Can I send a destination to the car from Google maps?

Have I missed anything else we need to capture?

I'll do the same, and will put together a spreadsheet and share here. If others can do the same we can build up a picture of what works and what does not.

@WarwickBoy
Also for your list
Can you log in to MyAudi via Set up Assistant?
Did your dealer tell you there was an issue with the MMI software on collection of your car?
Have you raised an issue with Audi Connect?

Reactions: WarwickBoy
Hi guys,

If anyone has a 2020 A4/S4 and wants to help with the data capture about the MMI/Navigation issues, the below are the set of information we are recording. My answers shown as examples after each question in (italics)

General Information
- Car Model and key features (2020 Audi S4 Avant, Comfort+Sound, Black Edition)
- Car Delivery/Collection Date (November 2019)
- Did your dealer tell you there was an issue with the MMI software on collection of your car? (No)
- Have you raised any issues/technical cases with Audi Connect? (Yes)

Known Issues
- Do you see 'Received Destination and Tours" and in the MMI under Navigation? (No)
- Can you send a destination/route to the car from the MyAudi mobile app (if yes state which mobile platform (iOS/Android) (No)
- Can you send a destination to the car from Google maps? (No)
- Can you log in to MyAudi via Set up Assistant? (Yes)
- Can you log in to the car as a key user? (Yes)
- Do you see map update in http://my.audi.com on your browser on your PC/macOS/preferred client (Yes)
- Can you update new maps in your car using USB method (No)

Information to Share (from Settings/Version Information) relating to software versions and map versions (Please share a screen shot if easiest)
- Software (3174)
- HMI build version (release-31.7-1913-SNAPSHOT-26.03.2019-15:48:41)
- Navigation Database (V03959806QK_P0220_EU_2019.05)
- Media Driver (CL31_MIB3H_AU_ER_G45S_1901302PROD-1)
- Gracenote database (Region=Europe - Version=4)
- Hardware (H8W2035043)
- Settings - Software version (MHI3_ER_AUG45S_P3174)

Thank you in advance for anyone sharing this to help us understand the issues with a view to get them fixed.

Kind regards,

WarwickBoy

Reactions: WesT-gefül
Details for my S4

General Information

- Car Model and key features: 2020 Audi S4 Avant, Comfort+Sound, Driver Assistance Pack, Black Edition
- Car Delivery/Collection Date: November 2019
- Did your dealer tell you there was an issue with the MMI software on collection of your car? No
- Have you raised any issues/technical cases with Audi Connect? Yes

Known Issues
- Do you see 'Received Destination and Tours" and in the MMI under Navigation?: No
- Can you send a destination/route to the car from the MyAudi mobile app (if yes state which mobile platform (iOS/Android): No, iOS
- Can you send a destination to the car from Google maps?: No
- Can you log in to MyAudi via Set up Assistant?: No
- Can you log in to the car as a key user?: Yes
- Do you see map update in http://my.audi.com on your browser on your PC/macOS/preferred client: Yes macOS
- Can you update new maps in your car using USB method: No

Information to Share (from Settings/Version Information) relating to software versions and map versions (Please share a screen shot if easiest)
- Software: 3174
- HMI build version: release-31.7-1913-SNAPSHOT-26.03.2019-15:48:41
- Navigation Database: V03959806QK_P0220_EU_2019.05
- Media Driver CL31_MIB3H_AU_ER_G45S_1901302PROD-1
- Gracenote database: Region=Europe - Version=4
- Hardware: H8W2035043
- Settings - Software ( MHI3_ER_AUG45S_P3174

Reactions: Arber kaja
Details Below, Steve

General Information

- Car Model and key features (2020 Audi S4 Avant, Comfort+Sound, Driver Assistance Pack - Tour, Storage Pack)
- Car Delivery/Collection Date (November 2019)
- Did your dealer tell you there was an issue with the MMI software on collection of your car? (No)
- Have you raised any issues/technical cases with Audi Connect? (Yes)

Known Issues
- Do you see 'Received Destination and Tours" and in the MMI under Navigation? (No)
- Can you send a destination/route to the car from the MyAudi mobile app (iOS) Occasionally App will show addresses/favourites and will allow these to be sent to vehicle but they never appear on MMI)
- Can you send a destination to the car from Google maps? (Not tried)
- Can you log in to MyAudi via Set up Assistant? (Yes)
- Can you log in to the car as a key user? (Yes)
- Do you see map update in http://my.audi.com on your browser on your PC/macOS/preferred client (Yes)
- Can you update new maps in your car using USB method (Not tried)

- Software (3174)
- HMI build version (release-31.7-1913-SNAPSHOT-26.03.2019-15:48:41)
- Navigation Database (V03959806QK_P0220_EU_2019.05)
- Media Driver (CL31_MIB3H_AU_ER_G45S_1901302PROD-1)
- Gracenote database (Region=Europe - Version=4)
- Hardware (H8W2035043)
- Settings - Software version (MHI3_ER_AUG45S_P3174)

Got my 2020 A4 Avant Black Edition this morning. Sorry delivered in such a state I am too ashamed to post pictures. (and refuse to return it to have a sponge thrown at it by the dealer).

Looks like mine has had updates applied at the factory.

Still can't send locations. Last Destinations is working.

Software Version 3248
MMI Software version 32.9-1928-SNAPSHOT-04.09.2019-13:41:01
Nav Database V03959807AJ_P0260_EU_2019.11
Media Driver CL32_MIB3H_AU_ER_G45S_1902711PROD-1

Having issues getting Audi Connect Authorised.

Thanks Andy,

My online services (traffic, wifi/data, news/travel) suddenly stopped working last week mid week. I reset to factory this weekend but still not working. Audi support are now saying 2020 S4 and some A4 need software update but no timescale. Steve

Apparently the issue has affected three models. Two of which have had updates released. When speaking with Audi Digial Services in Germany earlier in the week they seemed very interested in the version of the myAudi app in use. 3.16 in my case.

Screenshot 20200311 224832 myAudi

Last edited:
Something has happened after speaking with Digital Services.

I HAVE JUST SUCCESSFULLY SENT A DESTINATION AND IT HAS BEEN RECEIVED BY THE CAR

Screenshot 20200311 230448 myAudi

20200311 230649

Reactions: CrashEd
Wow. Great news. Progress at last. Thank you for sharing. . That is the first time I have seen the Received dest. and tours in the MMI on a 2020 A4/S4. I don’t see Calculate Route in my iOS app version 3.16 (photo attached). I’ll speak to Audi Digital services tomorrow.

Attachments

• 9C008945-A70D-4FD2-BD4A-755D13C865A7.jpeg
    9C008945-A70D-4FD2-BD4A-755D13C865A7.jpeg
    299.5 KB · Views: 319
Yep the route calculates within the myAudi ap. Looks like we might have cracked it.

(I'm android, they did ask the phone model and android version ref).

Screenshot 20200311 233813 myAudi

Must be an Apple problem if you can do everything via android, this is a screenshot just taken from myAudi on an iPad (iPhone is showing same). Great if I want to walk but no route calculation.
28A629D5 0168 4240 BDA8 CAB45B78C439

Hope they get the iOS version working by the time my Avant arrives.

Reactions: Andy101
Hi guys,

I have just installed myAudi on an Android phone (OnePLus 3T - ONEPLUS A3003) and I get the same situation as Soot1e - no Calculate route button).

When I spoke to Audi Connect they told me the following:

- The issue affected tree 2020 models - A1, Q3 and A4
- An update has been released for the A1 and Q3 but not yet for the A4

I was also told:
  • When the update is ready this will be communicated to dealership and dealers will have option to order an update.
  • This will require an update to the vehicle.

• This issue affected all end of 2019 and 2020 vehicles. (A1, Q3 and A4)
  • MyAudi login features been partially disabled. Login works only for remote services.
  • That is connected to the following issues
  • -> Navigation recent destinations and home and work address disappearing
  • -> At times users need to login again (I've not had this, but I think others like Soo1e have)
So this all sounds promising. In light of this information I'm not clear how some users have already got a fix, but very pleased they have, and please that I finally spoke to someone at Audi Connect who seemed knowledgeable on the issue.

Happy driving,

WarwickBoy

Android:
Upload 2020 3 12 18 32 40

Digital Services in Germany have advised me that the fix has been released for the A1 and Q3 as you have been told, I was also told the A4 update was the only one remaining and was being held back to address a couple of other points.

Since speaking to them and sending screen shots, versions of of various bits of software and full details of phone and operating systems and a full run through of settings in the Ap, myAudi has started working with what looks to be full functionality in my car.

Prior to this call I had no Search Destination, Send to Car or Find Route but my MMI did retain last destinations and work (I never enter home for security).

This is a 2020 MY A4 Avant Black Edition Tdi which was delivered on 10th March.

Version information of both MMI and myAudi is in the thread above.

Functionality my android phone is a follows:

Fuel & Range Details
Locking Satus
Service Countdown
AdBlue Range
Oil Level
Warnings
Lock History
Theft & Location
Search Destination, Send to Car and Find Route

I have had no software updates / settings changed at my end.

I think the solution is out there, but they have not yet got their act together and advised all customer services teams / dealers - remember it took about 8 weeks for them to recognise the issue. I must have got lucky with the German guy i spoke to who was very well informed and looks to have sorted it remotely with no update being applied - that said I am on a different version from the factory to the majority of you.

Hopefully you will get sorted very quickly.

Reactions: CrashEd
Thank you again Andy101.

We are piecing it together :smirk:

I note you have
- Software version 3248
- MMI Software Version: 32.9-1298-SNAPSHOT-04.09.2019-13:14:01

whereas I (and Steve Abbot and Soo1e) have
- Software version: 3174
- HMI Verison: release-31.7-1913-SNAPSHOT-26.03.2019-15:48:41

This may explain why we have a different experience. Out of interest does the MMI display MMI version, or HMI build version (see below).

While I was more pleased with the level of knowledge of Audi Connect today, when it comes to map updates, I was told
Operator: "Always use the SD card slot for map updates. This generally works better"
Me: Does my 2020 S4 have an SD card slot?
Operator: Yes sir, it's in the glove box.

I've not found this SD card slot. Does the 2020 A4/S4 have a SD card slot, The only interfaces I have found are
- USB-A below the air con controls
- USB-C at the back of the charging pad under the Arm rest.

Upload 2020 3 12 21 51 9

There is no SD slot in the 2020 A4 - just the two USB as you note.

For completeness here is my set up which is working and sending destinations.

2020 Audi A4 Avant Black Edition (Touch Screen)

Software Version 3248
Nav Database V03959807AJ_P0260_EU_2019.11
Gracenote Database Region=Europe - Version=5
Hardware H8W2035043
Software Version HM13_ER-AUG45S_P3248
myAudi Ap Version 3.16 (Running on Android)

Looks like I also have two different Software versions to you installed at the factory, an updated Nav database and updated Gracenote Database - I suspect i already have the update (or a least an early version of it)

Don't think you will be waiting too long.

Thanks Andy, great to see you have "received destinations" on your MMI. So it's when not if for us, which is good news. Steve

Reactions: Andy101
I can happily send locations my phone to car, that has been sorted but still struggling to get updates from the car on the myAudi App on my phone.

We are writing to let you know that your case is still under process by our technical department. As it appears your case is slightly more challenging, therefore our technical department is conducting a thorough research into providing you with an efficient solution. We appreciate your patience as our highest technical department is working feverishly on your case.

On a positive note I did get an over the air map update installed without an issue.

Time will tell.

^
I have this same issue A4 BE 2020 , Delivery 16th March
Can send destinations, but often get logged out of the car , and Status in the app only updates , whilst the ignition is on .. I can lock / unlock from the app within a few minutes of turning ignition off, any longer and it fails.. guessing the system powering down to preserve battery..

^
Can send destinations, but often get logged out of the car , and Status in the app only updates , whilst the ignition is on .. I can lock / unlock from the app within a few minutes of turning ignition off, any longer and it fails.. guessing the system powering down to preserve battery..

Exactly same issues here, car delivered on 5th of March. The logout bug is very frustrating though...

So my understanding is that we'll need to go to Audi for update, right? Then this won't be for a a couple of months I suppose due to the known restrictions...

Reactions: thorpemark1
Exactly same issues here, car delivered on 5th of March. The logout bug is very frustrating though...

So my understanding is that we'll need to go to Audi for update, right? Then this won't be for a a couple of months I suppose due to the known restrictions...

Believe so , I posted in another thread but the response I got from Audi connect was as follows..

We confirm that the software update for your vehicle has not yet been released. You can contact your local dealer and ask to be informed about when this update will be available for your vehicle.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Dear all,

I am from the Netherlands and my A4 Avant 2020 has been delivered in October 2019. I have exactly the same problems as described above. The configuration of my car is conform Steve Abbott's car. So same part numbers and software version. I recently drove an A1 with same MMI touch screen and that was a very different experience, there were a lot more buttons with functionality on several pages, which seem to be missing in my A4. Also map- and software updates are not working, not via USB and not via LTE. By the way, if you download the map updates via MyAudi, you will only find 2 folders, MIB1 and MIB2. MIB3 is missing, so that means that updates via USB is only for Audi-cars with a touch pad controller in the central console. In my opinion, for new Audis it is most likely meant to be working only via LTE.
The LTE data rate is very slow, resulting in blurry Google Earth overlay charts (see photo). Every day I have to log in into my own car, with my Audi account. So I'm anxiously waiting for a software update, hopefully in the near future. I have attached the "Connection settings (Verbindingsinstellingen)" of my car which shows only 3 options (Bluetooth, WLAN, Data package), in comparison to the A1, I seem to be missing "Mobile network" on that page.

Attachments

• mijnAudi A4.JPG
    mijnAudi A4.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 300
  • IMG_0555 kopie.jpg
    IMG_0555 kopie.jpg
    745.5 KB · Views: 323
Morning, called Audi earlier and they appear to be confirming SW update for :Destination entry via myAudi" is available.

Steve

Dear Mr. Abbott,

Thank you for contacting Audi Digital Services.

Following our phone conversation, we want to inform you that a software update is available for the "Destination entry via myAudi" feature that was not working properly for you until now. We kindly suggest that you contact your local Audi dealership in case you would like to arrange a meeting with them so that they can perform the software update.

Reactions: Theodorus and WarwickBoy
Sooo, took car into Audi Glasgow Wed full of optimism which was duly shattered. Garage advise SW update available but does not fix the issue of "destination entry via my Audi" there is a subsequent fix coming for "destination entry via my Audi" They also didn't have the USB device or whatever they use to do the update so car came back unchanged. The saga goes on.

^

Received my A4 Avant on Friday and I'm experienceing the same. Can send destinations to the phone, but it logs me out every now and again. Also loses home location amongst other things. I did get a map update over the air the following day.

SoftwareVersion 3248
Nav Database V03959808EM_P0380_EU_19144
myAudi Ap Version 3.19 (Running on iOS)

I picked up my 2020 S4 yesterday and have the same issue as everyone else, I only see pedestrian route and not send to car, its really cheesed me off as I had this on my old car that I traded in!