New A4 (B8) pics. Do people even have 56k Internet any more?

golf

***** rent boy
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
jxl.co.uk
The new A4 has been unveiled. I was underwhelmed at first but the 3.2 looks lovely.

* Details on the new Audi A4
* 4.7 meters long, 1.83 meters wide
* .27 coeffcient of drag
* Base engine is 1.8L TFSI producing 160 hp
* 3.2L V6 FSI available producing 262 hp
* 2.0, 2.7 and 3.0L diesels available
* Six standard airbags
* Interior similar to A5

Here are the pics:

Is it just me or does it look too similar to a Beemer 3 series coupe for comfort?

bmw_3_series_coupe_rear_22_04_06.JPG
http://www.pistonheads.com/pics/news/15428/BMW_3series_coupe_2006-09-L.jpg

anyone know is the split rear exhaust an sline or a 3.2 thing?

have seen non sline 3.2 pics and it has the split exhausts too, but
all the 1.8 and TDI pics have one side dual exhausts.

I just had a quick look and the back does look like a 3 series. But it does look good though!!!

Sorry to start this topic again but I think it looks fantastic in white

jjarvis said:
Just be an engine thing

have you got a link jarvis or is that just a guess?

The sline in Ireland comes with dual exhausts on single exhaust cars, so I'm wondering will the do something similar here. That back airdam on the sline looks like it requires dual exhausts.

joost said:
Is it just me or does it look too similar to a Beemer 3 series coupe for comfort?

My thoughts exactly, resembles 5 & 3 series depends on the angle.Looks nicer then the beemers though.

Mark

Sorry if I'm being obtuse and have missed an earlier post but there's a fair amount of info on the Audi UK website http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/new_cars/a4/The_New_Audi_A4.html

Got to say that after the TT, A5 and R8 I'm really underwhelmed with the look of the new A4, which is a real disappointment. After all the speculation and announcements about the new shared platform I was hoping for something akin to a 4 door A5, something far more dynamic looking than this lack lustre offering. The engines hardly look revolutionary either - no 0-60 quoted for the 2.0 TDi but it's emissions are greater than the equivalent 3 series and I can't see it topping the bimmers impressive specs (NB I am not a BMW fan).

I wonder what the pricing will be like. Like the last two models I suspect the basic prices will look attractive until you realise that adding a few options means you'd be better of with the A6 or the competition. The A4 was my favourite last time I was in the market for a new car 3 years ago. I was seriously interested in the 2.0TDi S-line until I added a few options and found that the 2.0TDi SE A6 was cheaper and offered far more kit which pushed me the other way to the A3 which at least offered DSG.

OK, I've still to see this new A4 in the flesh, I don't know the UK prices and clearly haven't driven one so I may yet eat my words but first reactions are that it isn't what I was hoping for. Current favourite for my next car is the A5 2.7 TDi which I'm still not sure about. Failing that the new Jag looks fantastic but I suspect I'll be a huge hypocrite and join the BMW brigade :(