New A4 Audi Connect Question

Gazk

Reaction score
Hi, my new A4 arrives on Friday, it's an Avant SLine 2.0 TFSI auto in daytona grey, got the towbar, tech pack with virtual cockpit and some interior lighting pack. Also comes with Audi Connect 3 year subscription.

Do I need to buy a separate sim card and contract to make the Audi connect experience work?

If you have an iPhone you will need a data SIM card to use the Audi connect services. Alternatively if you have an android phone you can use what's called RSAP or remote sim access profile. With this the Audi connect will connect to your android phone and use its data connection to connect to Audi connect services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK thanks, I'm on Android, so I guess connecting it via USB in the arm rest box will do the trick. Suppose I better upgrade to 4g

Reactions: bhogan002
When you connect your phone via Bluetooth for the first time you will be prompted to connect to Audi Connect. It is a very simple set up.

If you have an iPhone you will need a data SIM card to use the Audi connect services.

Not quite. If you have an iPhone you can still create a "hotspot" with your iPhone and connect the car via WiFi ;) I tested it and it works flawlessly.

Reactions: iambu and bhogan002
Do explain how you got that to work!

Reactions: bhogan002
If you have an iPhone you will need a data SIM card to use the Audi connect services. Alternatively if you have an android phone you can use what's called RSAP or remote sim access profile. With this the Audi connect will connect to your android phone and use its data connection to connect to Audi connect services.

On the a3 rsap is no longer available so I'd be suprised if it's on the a4...

So if it isnt on the A4 what are the options, sorry for the questions but the documentation online isnt very good, perhaps when i get the car the manual will be better...

1. Buy new SIM and appropriate contract, put sim in to car, then car uses new SIM for map updates and in car wifi, but still uses my phone for displaying texts, responding to texts, phone calls, spotify etc...?
2. Plug in phone via USB?

Others?

Do explain how you got that to work!

1. In the connection manager you can setup separate device/phone for each type of connection. You pick the "data connection" and select the iPhone there.
2. Then in the submenu (right key) and then you have to configure wifi (hotspot and client), give password etc.

3. Make sure that your iPhone is at the same time in the hotspot mode (you stay in the hotspot screen).

4. Go to Audi Connect and it should work. If you still have problems I can post some screens.

Reactions: A4B9