New A4 2.0T Quattro ordered via DriveTheDeal

gr4z

Reaction score
Hi chaps

Ordered a new A4 Avant 2.0T Quattro Stronic Black Edition in Daytona Grey (that's a mouth full!) today from DriveTheDeal.com. I have ordered the following extras:

Full leather
Heated Seats
Hill hold
Tyre monitor
Parking system plus

I didn't bother with the Technology Pack as I couldn't justify the cost when I have a very good SatNav on my phone (tomtom).

For a shade over £31k I think that's a good deal, it's about £7.5k off the RRP without haggling using DtD. Only downside its penciled in for delivery for mid-November and my lease car goes back on 17 October. I am looking at hiring a crappy car or something for the remaining time but that is £450+ for a month...any suggestions?

Now the wait begins, looking forward to going back to a petrol as well after having a diesel for the last few years.

Cheers

Reactions: TDI-line
Welcome to Audi-Sport.net :)
Car sounds gorgeous you planning on any mods when you get it ?

Potentially a remap as its the Quattro and should be able to handle the grunt. Probably just a stage 1 though.

Also went with Sports suspension as thought the Sline suspension was too harsh on the crappy UK roads...

Reactions: Revo Steve-W
Ahh yeah, just stick with the remap.
But when you do get Revo remap like me.
300 Bhp without any mods runs superb ! Got the remap at 3000 miles and im now at 23000 miles and its still running strong.
Just changes the car completely.

Have to ask the age old question, what happens with your warranty if you do this within the first 3 years?

Have to ask the age old question, what happens with your warranty if you do this within the first 3 years?

VOID!
So unmap it (or get one of those switchable ones) each time in dealership?

Ahh yeah, just stick with the remap.
But when you do get Revo remap like me.
300 Bhp without any mods runs superb ! Got the remap at 3000 miles and im now at 23000 miles and its still running strong.
Just changes the car completely.

Am considering to do mine WHEN I get my Audi! :)

Hi chaps

Ordered a new A4 Avant 2.0T Quattro Stronic Black Edition in Daytona Grey (that's a mouth full!) today from DriveTheDeal.com. I have ordered the following extras:

Full leather
Heated Seats
Hill hold
Tyre monitor
Parking system plus

I didn't bother with the Technology Pack as I couldn't justify the cost when I have a very good SatNav on my phone (tomtom).

For a shade over £31k I think that's a good deal, it's about £7.5k off the RRP without haggling using DtD. Only downside its penciled in for delivery for mid-November and my lease car goes back on 17 October. I am looking at hiring a crappy car or something for the remaining time but that is £450+ for a month...any suggestions?

Now the wait begins, looking forward to going back to a petrol as well after having a diesel for the last few years.

Cheers

Nice!
Tis the car / spec I want - but don't have £31k :-(

Get a Revo SPS and you can switch the performance modes and you can also turn it back to stock when it goes in for warranty work and servicing etc..

Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and chan110
VOID!
So unmap it (or get one of those switchable ones) each time in dealership?

Not necessarily the case tbh, some dealers aren't as strict as others, common sense denotes some warranty items aren't affected by remaps, of course engine related maybe considered, but even this is subject to logic & common sense, a coolant sender isn't necessarily due to a remap unless the heat has toasted this, but unlikely, gauge it via the fault.

However, if you want as much peace of mind s needed, then you need the non ecu map type that plugs in between ecu & other areas, which an be removed with no flash counters increased when using.

Reactions: chan110
Not necessarily the case tbh, some dealers aren't as strict as others, common sense denotes some warranty items aren't affected by remaps, of course engine related maybe considered, but even this is subject to logic & common sense, a coolant sender isn't necessarily due to a remap unless the heat has toasted this, but unlikely, gauge it via the fault.

However, if you want as much peace of mind s needed, then you need the non ecu map type that plugs in between ecu & other areas, which an be removed with no flash counters increased when using.

Thinking back - i agree actually.
but depends on the dealer /staff at the time.

my VW had LPG.
some dealer refuse to look at it.
but one dealer was willing to undertake warranty work saying
"the warranty work had nothing to do with the lpg system"

Reactions: NHN
Hi chaps

Full leather
Heated Seats
Hill hold
Tyre monitor
Parking system plus

Cheers

Very nice spec.

I'm presently speccing a similar BE TDI Quattro with DTD, how was your experience with them, and was the dealer located far away?

Btw, i thought the Parking system plus was a free option on the BE.

My experience with DtD was brief to be honest. They rang to confirm the spec and price and then emailed it over. After that I have been dealing with the Audi dealer direct. They are in Carlisle, not close to me but I don't really mind as DtD include free delivery.

Parking System Plus is an extra with the BE, its included in the SE Technik edition.

Reactions: TDI-line
My experience with DtD was brief to be honest. They rang to confirm the spec and price and then emailed it over. After that I have been dealing with the Audi dealer direct. They are in Carlisle, not close to me but I don't really mind as DtD include free delivery.

Parking System Plus is an extra with the BE, its included in the SE Technik edition.

Has it changed? Picked mine up 2 weeks ago and it was standard on BE.

Edit: Just checked on Audi site and still showing as standard. Might be worth a call to check.

Last edited:
****** must of done. Just checked Audi.com no mention of its inclusion in BE. I have specced it though so must of changed recently as had to pay for it.

****** must of done. Just checked Audi.com no mention of its inclusion in BE. I have specced it though so must of changed recently as had to pay for it.
Didn't realise it is standard on the saloon but an extra on the avant.....very odd!!!

Stupid. It's more use on a Avant than Saloon. But then again that's typical of Audi and their extras!

Didn't realise it is standard on the saloon but an extra on the avant.....very odd!!!

in this instance one option is offset against another. In place of the front park assist option the Black Edition Avant gains privacy glass as standard fit option, which is not available on the saloon either standard or as a factory option!

I noticed many comments about turning off the remap when taking it into a dealer. That won't make any difference. Remaps are detectable. Are you gonna clear the max boost pressure that's recorded? Max torque etc?

Basically if your map causes a problem then you'll generally need to pay for the problem to be resolved yourself. Any "friendly" dealer that turns a blind eye is effectively defrauding Audi.

This is one of the reasons the cars get plugged up to the computer system so that Audi (not just the franchise running the dealership) get to see the logs.

Of course if there's a warranty issue that's nothing to do with your modification then the warranty would still cover it.

Current build week is 45...I guess delivery will be 2 weeks or so after that. Seems very slow as that is around 14 weeks+ after ordering!

That sounds quick in comparison to mine. Ordered mid April with build week of 42