1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New A3 wheel design

Joxh Oct 13, 2018

1. Joxh

Joxh New Member

Just been on the Audi configuration and just seen these new wheels. Anyone know what the code is for these beauties? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. JonnyS3

JonnyS3 Member

They look very familair. Had a quick google but couldn’t see but I feel like they’ve been on a VW Golf’ recently.

4. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Audi S3 saloon

Beauty, is in the eye of the beholder and my eye struggles with that design :blink:

5. Bells

Bells Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Audi S3 Black Edition S tronic

Look very similar to the RS5 alloys to me

Audi Bairn, oli356 and Joxh like this.
  6. Joxh

Joxh New Member

They're similar to the RS3 Saloon wheels imo

7. oli356

oli356 Well-Known Member Team Sepang Audi S3 Black Edition Sportback S tronic

That's what I thougt.

upload_2018-10-13_19-52-57.png

is there even a difference...?

Easy to clean I suppose as not much of them!

Bells likes this.
  8. ASBOST

ASBOST Member

I much prefer these.... Beautiful wheels!

Attached Files:

Schizophonic, Fatbloke and Pinky1959 like this.
  9. Audi Bairn

Audi Bairn Well-Known Member Team Navarra TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 saloon quattro S tronic DSG

No likely personally. Also, another design that goes “forwards” on one side of the car and “backwards” on the other.

loftylad and Joxh like this.
  10. Lehn

Lehn Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S3 DSG

Damn I would be p!ssed as a RS5 owner if my stock wheels were also used on the A3 :boxing: But maybe that's just me...

11. loftylad

loftylad WaitingForMyAudiAgain

Nasty looking wheels.

And, yes, unless they’re “handed” they’ll look even worse on the other side. (Unless it’s reversing.lol)

Remember the Xr3i “dogleg” alloys from back in the day? Same thing. Used to do my OCD bulb in! Haha

As an aside, a friend of mine has a B*W i3, and it has 4 completely different alloys! The wheels are both “handed” and also it has different size front and rears!

Audi Bairn likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Kayobong

Kayobong Active Member Team Monsoon TDi Audi A3

Annoying that they're only on the saloon

14. Audi Bairn

Audi Bairn Well-Known Member Team Navarra TFSI Owners Group Audi S3 saloon quattro S tronic DSG

It’s something that annoyed me when I got my S5 with the Rotor wheels on.
    Audi then put them on numerous models and specs right across the entire range!
    Rotors were ‘handed’ too but a bit less noticeable.

15. wab172uk

wab172uk Well-Known Member

Yup ! They are the same design wheels (or very very similar) to a MK7 Golf that sits on a driveway round the corner from me.

Audi used to be the best at Alloy wheel design. In recent years, they've been some of the worst. The RS3 Saloon wheels are awful. So are the recent S/RS4 & 5 wheels.

Their exterior design has taken a backward step (for me) in recent years too. All Boxy and straight lines everywhere. There is not one Audi currently on sale today, apart from the A3 Saloon, that I think is actually a good looking car. Maybe the TT is better now than previous versions, but all the rest are worse looking.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018 at 2:09 PM
    q5man and Pook like this.
  16. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member Audi A5 S tronic Coupe

No idea, but your avatar is making me feel old lol :D I remember I met my wife 8 days after my 20th birthday....I'm now 47 but still feel 20!!! :(:p

Joxh likes this.