New A3 Sportback ordered

Chappers

Slowly moving forward!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself, first post on this forum. Coming over from the 8p forum as I currently own a 10MY A3 Sportback Black Edition.

Last Friday I ordered a A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI S line.

Spec:-

Daytona Grey
Fine nappa leather
Heated seats
Tech pack
Comfort pack (cruise, parking sensors, dimming mirror, light sensor)
Interior light pack
Privacy glass
B and O
DAB
Folding and dimming mirrors
Extended mono pur interior finish
Advanced key

Dealer has said delivery 2nd week of June.

Very excited, long wait ahead...........Damn!

Anyway, cheers guys.

Chappers.

Very nice.

How did it compare back to back with your 8P?

I had three 8Ps in succession but have had a few cars since so it was difficult to judge how much the quality had moved on. Was the weight difference noticeable?

Very nice.

How did it compare back to back with your 8P?

I had three 8Ps in succession but have had a few cars since so it was difficult to judge how much the quality had moved on. Was the weight difference noticeable?

I second this, and am quite interested to know if the weight difference is noticeable. Been a while since I was in a 8p.

Sean

Hi guys,

Can't answer you about the weight difference unfortunately as I haven't driven a new SB as yet. As far as the quality goes I think it's definitely improved from my current SB. I think the biggest difference is the is the technology available in the car.

Chappers.

I had both my 8P and 8V for a month and drove both so can comment a bit.

The weight difference is noticable to me in that the 8V feels a little less nose-heavy than the 8P did, which is understandable as they've reduced weight at the front with aluminium front wings and bonnet. Aside from that the weight difference isn't too noticable but obviously helps the performance a bit as I've dropped from a 170PS to 150PS, although the weight reductions don't compensate fully for this and it's not quite as quick.

Quality-wise, it's in a totally different league. I didn't really feel like there was anything "wrong" with my 8P, after all it was an S-Line with plenty of leather around and so on but, once I'd driven the 8V for a bit, getting back into the 8P was like stepping back in time and you suddenly realise how much the game has moved on. Jumping straight from an 8P to an 8V feels like you're sitting in an A8 all of a sudden.