New A3 Saloon for 2012

Doesn't surprise me at all, I was amazed to see how many Focus saloons there are over there when you never see them here.

The US market is pretty interesting when it comes to body styles, the VW Jetta is the top seller for them in the US while the Golf with the hatch is everywhere else, however try finding a Golf sitting on a lot here and you are out of luck so not sure how much that has changed in the last few years (my guess is if they imported more they would sell more).
The A3 has been a slow mover for Audi until they introduced the TDI here in November, but coincidentally it is also the first time Audi of America invested in commercials/advertising for the car so not sure if has really been the TDI or the fact that nobody really knows about it, I'm on my 3rd A3 here and had a B8 A4 Avant also and have constantly(daily basis) received compliments and inquiries on my A3's and rarely on my A4

What is it with Americans and their desire for a saloon?

Small cars with a boot look just plain wrong

Doesn't surprise me at all, I was amazed to see how many Focus saloons there are over there when you never see them here.

Didnt the American market have a 4 liter Focus

They might aswell buy an A4!!...or if they want to buy new, an A5 4 door.

I don't see the need for a saloon, and I agree if they want one they should pony up for the A4, the utility of the hatch and the size and performance is what attracts most buyers to the A3, Audi has decided the market is ready for a sub-compact Luxury car(if they paid attention BMW has been doing it for ever) so they are planning on diving in head first with the next Generation A3 do for 2011 in Europe and 2012 in the US

They do a Toyota Yaris saloon in America, how pointless is that? Its called the Echo. I dont think the US is a sedan loving country at all, they love SUV's and pick ups! Its the same in Europe, You can get Clio and 206 saloons all over, its us, the UK who are the sedan/saloon haters.

i do love the Jetta though, looks tidy on coliovers and dishy 19's

Americans! Ruining everything that's nice from Europe. I'm surprised that that French Statue of Liberty wasn't redesigned yet. Maybe they're still trying to see if she's shaved :undwech:
A3 Sedan...:no:

Out of interest, is the new platform of the A3 still due out in 2011?

When speaking to a dealer the other day, out of interest I asked of this and I was told it wouldn't be for 2 and half years?

Coincidentaly I just saw this in an advert in the back of a magazine that used this image:

FordFocus5.jpg

Not too bad! But the original looks tonk.

Last edited:
you never see them here.
I've seen loads of them round my way (admittedly of the previous version), and a there's also a few retractable hardtops round here too!

I've also seen a couple of estates and saloons versions of cars that I never even knew they did saloon and estate versions of!

Then again, where I live is weird!!

Last edited:
Can anyone see the photo? I just loaded the page and it wasn't there!