New A3 saloon boot unlock from fob

SamB2020

Reaction score
Hi new to forum .
Picked up my new A3 saloon last week . When I double click the boot unlock it just releases , should it open or just release. My old saloon if you held the boot unlock button the boot sprung open .
Does anyone know before I call the dealers please?

Is the 'foot swipe' release an option or standard.??
This video shows it fitted and opening automatically.

If what you are asking isn't available anymore it would be a shame as I found is extremely useful on my S3.
Try fitting aftermarket spring activated gas struts if it's an issue for you.:thumbs up:

Is the 'foot swipe' release an option or standard.??
This video shows it fitted and opening automatically.

If what you are asking isn't available anymore it would be a shame as I found is extremely useful on my S3.
Try fitting aftermarket spring activated gas struts if it's an issue for you.:thumbs up:

On the Sportback if you have advanced key and powered tailgate you get the foot swipe as well but you can't spec powered boot for the saloon - You'd have to have advanced key to get the foot swipe - I assume it just opens like the Sportback used to without powered tailgate although I can't confirm as have a Sportback - - So not much help at all really :thumbs up:

Reactions: pburv
I’ve got the saloon. When I press my fob button twice the boot unlocks and opens up itself. It doesn’t close though.

I have the saloon and the boot springs opens once you pressed the button on key fob....or because I have advanced key I can use the kick motion under the bumper. Or you can just press the button under the boot lip

Going to have to get it booked in, sometimes it opens with the double press other times it just opens a inch or so .