New A3 Owner!!!!

AwesomeAudi

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just recently purchased my new 2011 Audi A3 2.0T (with the s line body kit) almost 2 months ago, and I just had some general questions regarding accessories specifically in reference to this model and year, and the light scheme I am hoping to do with my car.

First, I have been looking all over for the aftermarket A3 LED projector headlights, however I cannot find ones that are for my model year of 2011 anywhere. If anyone knows where I can find these, please let me know. Also, would I be able to fit the projector lights from previous years (07 or 08-09 I think they are advertised as on most sites). Also, is the Dectane style projector light better than the R8 style projector light (the difference is the LEDs are positioned differently on both)? Which carries a higher recommendation? Will it matter if I choose the traditional mirror housing background, or the black style (is one more or less reflective than the other, if this difference is even that noticable)?

Secondly, I am looking to also purchase some aftermarket LED DRLs that I can put in the bottom part of the grille/bumper. I have been looking at the Hella LEDayline DRLs. Are these recommended? If not, what is the best set of lights to get? I also looked at the PIAA DRLs, however, they omit a blueish color instead of the standard white light that is usually omitted from most DRLs.

Third, I am looking at replacing my standard Audi OEM halogen fog lights for brighter ones. I was looking at the Hella Optilux 2500 angel eye fog lights. 1. Are these good lights? 2. Will they fit my A3? 3. Can I replace the standard halogen bulb in the middle of these fogs with an HID or other type of brighter bulb?

Lastly, I am also looking at replacing my front grille emblem with a LED lighted emblem from HG Tuning. Anyone know anything about this? Is it hard to do? Is HG Tuning a reputable brand?

I know these are a lot of questions, so I thank anyone for their help in advance. Thanks!!

Hi, welome to ASN. Post over in the A3 section. The guys are very knowledgeable and always willng to help out. Keep a grip of your wallet, lol. Enjoy the forum.