New A3 Edition Lease

nunp

Reaction score
Hi folks. I’ve just ordered an A3 Edition 1 35TFSI in Daytona with comfort and sound pack on a 2 year lease. There are some stunning deals A3 deals on PCH so was tempted back to Audi after a couple of years away. Replacing a RR Velar which is now covering 6 miles per day so needed to downsize and something better suited for the school run. COVID has meant I’m a homeworkers now.
I had a couple of questions which I was hopping someone could help me with.

- do s line or edition models come with rear footwell lighting. Edition comes with the upgrade ambient lighting I think.
- what’s the B&O like?
- anyone opt for the front seat isofix as a no cost option and did you get the read isofix also?
- I test drove a s line on 18s and thought the ride quality was excellent compared with previous audis

That’s it! If you are after a lease I highly recommend drivespeed - they have been excellent.

Reactions: AdamInKent
Hi folks. I’ve just ordered an A3 Edition 1 35TFSI in Daytona with comfort and sound pack on a 2 year lease. There are some stunning deals A3 deals on PCH so was tempted back to Audi after a couple of years away. Replacing a RR Velar which is now covering 6 miles per day so needed to downsize and something better suited for the school run. COVID has meant I’m a homeworkers now.
I had a couple of questions which I was hopping someone could help me with.

- do s line or edition models come with rear footwell lighting. Edition comes with the upgrade ambient lighting I think.
- what’s the B&O like?
- anyone opt for the front seat isofix as a no cost option and did you get the read isofix also?
- I test drove a s line on 18s and thought the ride quality was excellent compared with previous audis

That’s it! If you are after a lease I highly recommend drivespeed - they have been excellent.
Welcome mate.

do s line or edition models come with rear footwell lighting. Edition comes with the upgrade ambient lighting I think. I think it is just in the front but someone on here will verify it.
- what’s the B&O like? Better than the standard system.
- anyone opt for the front seat isofix as a no cost option and did you get the read isofix also? Isofix is standard in the rear, I'm sure it's an EU thing now.
- I test drove a s line on 18s and thought the ride quality was excellent compared with previous audis Ride on 18's is very good, S-Line suspension is quite good, you do feel the difference on larger alloys though.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Ed 1 Cars come with 19s so expect it to be on the firm side 235/35/19 tyres.B&O is more than good enough in this class of car....rear foot well lighting will be there

Reactions: NevMan, mike60e and Jcbmally
Thanks folks. I’ll relieved the A3 comes with rear footwell lighting, if not that would be the ultimate penny pinching. Rear door cards are now hard scratchy plastic which I don’t get. The rest of the cabin probably has the same amount of hard plastics like the latest A class so in line with other cars in this sector. Slightly worried about ride quality, on 18s it was very comfortable. Long wait now, delivery likely to be in March.

Reactions: AdamInKent and Jcbmally
Welcome, nice choice.

The Audi Matrix LED headlights are a nice touch with the puddle lights in the doors beaming down the audi rings.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thanks folks. I’ll relieved the A3 comes with rear footwell lighting, if not that would be the ultimate penny pinching. Rear door cards are now hard scratchy plastic which I don’t get. The rest of the cabin probably has the same amount of hard plastics like the latest A class so in line with other cars in this sector. Slightly worried about ride quality, on 18s it was very comfortable. Long wait now, delivery likely to be in March.

I'm not so sure you do get rear footwell lighting I'm afraid (hope I'm wrong) - The S-Line specifically says Front Footwell Lighting but the Edition 1 with Ambient Lighting Pack doesn't show Rear Footwell Lighting and it's not listed under the description for Ambient Lighting - I would be surprised if it doesn't have it but not showing in the listings - Very tight **** by Audi if it's not there same as cup holders aren't lit either

Thanks for the responses. The configurator does not specially call out the inclusion of rear footwell lighting even for the ambient lighting plus pack. However someone who has an edition 1 has confirmed theirs does come with rear footwell lighting so maybe Audi haven’t updated the configurator correctly. Theirs is a saloon though. What is annoying is they have stopped producing brochures which would help clarify these discrepancies.

Reactions: mike60e and Jcbmally
Thanks for the responses. The configurator does not specially call out the inclusion of rear footwell lighting even for the ambient lighting plus pack. However someone who has an edition 1 has confirmed theirs does come with rear footwell lighting so maybe Audi haven’t updated the configurator correctly. Theirs is a saloon though. What is annoying is they have stopped producing brochures which would help clarify these discrepancies.

That's good to know and would be very cheap by Audi but wouldn't put it past them

I've had a quick look and the saloon spec wording is the same as the sportback i.e no mention of rear footwell lighting, so if he has it then I would expect it to be there

Reactions: Jcbmally
When it gets dark later I can go have a look to see what is lit up in the rear of the car.

Reactions: Jcbmally, nunp and AdamInKent
When it gets dark later I can go have a look to see what is lit up in the rear of the car.

Just had a look and it does have rear footwell lighting.
639466f0ed0117000bb72bcadebba3b2.jpg
353cfe571f4377299adcf2fb3d552df8.jpg
d17d3bab9ac864030efe338316aa21bb.jpg
423a627a3d1797cce4f132ec262609d3.jpg

Reactions: mister.c., NevMan and Jcbmally
Way hey. Amazing thank you for confirming. Also Audi rings on the rear doors too. Did you request the model designation removal at the point of order? Just waiting on confirmation that I can add isofix for the front seat and keep isofix on the rear seats.

Reactions: mike60e
Way hey. Amazing thank you for confirming. Also Audi rings on the rear doors too. Did you request the model designation removal at the point of order? Just waiting on confirmation that I can add isofix for the front seat and keep isofix on the rear seats.
It was no problem, anything to help.

We didn't expect the puddle lights with the rings so that was a nice touch.

The isofix wasn't something we had even thought about especially now my Son his now 10.

It was no problem, anything to help.

We didn't expect the puddle lights with the rings so that was a nice touch.

The isofix wasn't something we had even thought about especially now my Son his now 10.

Puddle lights tend to be dealer fit (rear) so may just be that @mike60eley had a friendly dealer (my dealer chucked them in on my Q5 a few moons back)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally
Truth be told the standard lights provide more use than the rings but they do look cool.

Reactions: JohnM100
Were you (assuming you have recieved yoru car by now) able to collect your car in person at the dealership or it was delivered to you by a driver? I'm asking as mine is also a lease, and enquired if i could collect in person, they said no, and delivery on a truck would cost a bit extra. Appreciate that those who ordered via the dealer or by PCP, perhaps have this option to collect from the dealer, but was wondering if anyone else who leased their A3 managed to collect in person?

Were you (assuming you have recieved yoru car by now) able to collect your car in person at the dealership or it was delivered to you by a driver? I'm asking as mine is also a lease, and enquired if i could collect in person, they said no, and delivery on a truck would cost a bit extra. Appreciate that those who ordered via the dealer or by PCP, perhaps have this option to collect from the dealer, but was wondering if anyone else who leased their A3 managed to collect in person?
Absolutely ridiculous. They say don't attend to collect (COVID) but we will send the car with a driver. I would ask if the driver have been tested (get proof) and then ask how they clean it when the driver gets out. There is currently no restriction in collecting from a dealer as long as safety measures are adhered to (mask, sanitiser etc).

Reactions: Billy Shears