1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

New A3 Edition Lease

nunp Oct 29, 2020

1. nunp

nunp Registered User

Hi folks. I’ve just ordered an A3 Edition 1 35TFSI in Daytona with comfort and sound pack on a 2 year lease. There are some stunning deals A3 deals on PCH so was tempted back to Audi after a couple of years away. Replacing a RR Velar which is now covering 6 miles per day so needed to downsize and something better suited for the school run. COVID has meant I’m a homeworkers now.
    I had a couple of questions which I was hopping someone could help me with.

- do s line or edition models come with rear footwell lighting. Edition comes with the upgrade ambient lighting I think.
    - what’s the B&O like?
    - anyone opt for the front seat isofix as a no cost option and did you get the read isofix also?
    - I test drove a s line on 18s and thought the ride quality was excellent compared with previous audis

That’s it! If you are after a lease I highly recommend drivespeed - they have been excellent.

AdamInKent likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Jcbmally

Jcbmally Started with nothing & still have most of it left.

Welcome mate.

do s line or edition models come with rear footwell lighting. Edition comes with the upgrade ambient lighting I think. I think it is just in the front but someone on here will verify it.
    - what’s the B&O like? Better than the standard system.
    - anyone opt for the front seat isofix as a no cost option and did you get the read isofix also? Isofix is standard in the rear, I'm sure it's an EU thing now.
    - I test drove a s line on 18s and thought the ride quality was excellent compared with previous audis Ride on 18's is very good, S-Line suspension is quite good, you do feel the difference on larger alloys though.

jassyo06 likes this.
  4. jassyo06

jassyo06 T-Cut King !

Ed 1 Cars come with 19s so expect it to be on the firm side 235/35/19 tyres.B&O is more than good enough in this class of car....rear foot well lighting will be there

NevMan, mike60eley and Jcbmally like this.
  5. nunp

nunp Registered User

Thanks folks. I’ll relieved the A3 comes with rear footwell lighting, if not that would be the ultimate penny pinching. Rear door cards are now hard scratchy plastic which I don’t get. The rest of the cabin probably has the same amount of hard plastics like the latest A class so in line with other cars in this sector. Slightly worried about ride quality, on 18s it was very comfortable. Long wait now, delivery likely to be in March.

AdamInKent and Jcbmally like this.
  6. mike60eley

mike60eley Registered User

Welcome, nice choice.

The Audi Matrix LED headlights are a nice touch with the puddle lights in the doors beaming down the audi rings.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

I'm not so sure you do get rear footwell lighting I'm afraid (hope I'm wrong) - The S-Line specifically says Front Footwell Lighting but the Edition 1 with Ambient Lighting Pack doesn't show Rear Footwell Lighting and it's not listed under the description for Ambient Lighting - I would be surprised if it doesn't have it but not showing in the listings - Very tight **** by Audi if it's not there same as cup holders aren't lit either

8. nunp

nunp Registered User

Thanks for the responses. The configurator does not specially call out the inclusion of rear footwell lighting even for the ambient lighting plus pack. However someone who has an edition 1 has confirmed theirs does come with rear footwell lighting so maybe Audi haven’t updated the configurator correctly. Theirs is a saloon though. What is annoying is they have stopped producing brochures which would help clarify these discrepancies.

mike60eley and Jcbmally like this.
  9. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

That's good to know and would be very cheap by Audi but wouldn't put it past them

I've had a quick look and the saloon spec wording is the same as the sportback i.e no mention of rear footwell lighting, so if he has it then I would expect it to be there

Jcbmally likes this.
  10. mike60eley

When it gets dark later I can go have a look to see what is lit up in the rear of the car.

Jcbmally, nunp and AdamInKent like this.
  11. mike60eley

Just had a look and it does have rear footwell lighting.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

mister.c., NevMan and Jcbmally like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. nunp

nunp Registered User

Way hey. Amazing thank you for confirming. Also Audi rings on the rear doors too. Did you request the model designation removal at the point of order? Just waiting on confirmation that I can add isofix for the front seat and keep isofix on the rear seats.

mike60eley likes this.
  14. mike60eley

It was no problem, anything to help.

We didn't expect the puddle lights with the rings so that was a nice touch.

The isofix wasn't something we had even thought about especially now my Son his now 10.

15. NevMan

NevMan Well known member

Puddle lights tend to be dealer fit (rear) so may just be that @mike60eley had a friendly dealer (my dealer chucked them in on my Q5 a few moons back)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcbmally likes this.
  16. nunp

nunp Registered User

Truth be told the standard lights provide more use than the rings but they do look cool.

JohnM100 likes this.