New A3 Do And Don'ts

saudi

Reaction score
Hi Guys, never ordered a brand new car before. Will get A3 sportback 2.0 TDI by end of October hopefully!

1. Be gentle first 5k miles?
2. Need Gap insurance? (Paid cash for car)
3. What about floor mats? Did you order form Audi? If not I need to get before collection and from where??
4. Fuel, is tesco ok or need to go for BP, shell only?
5. Screen wash, is normal cheap screen wash ok?

1. I was gentle for the first 1500 I think (what the manual said), but it's far more important that you don't thrash a cold engine (at any time). Running in is a bit of a hangover from the times of lower manufacturing tolerances etc... I'm sure many people will have more to say on this, I'm no expert!
2. Entirely your decision. I have gap insurance, and many others do - it's a nice piece of mind really. An extra £100 or so to ensure you don't lose out if something happens.
3. Floor mats are standard. Unless you want different (eg, rubber) ones.
4. It's a diesel - really doesn't matter. It's a bit more important for petrol, but I wouldn't worry to be honest.
5. I use fairly cheap stuff from the petrol station, seems fine to me.

could you please recommend £100 gap insurance company?

In the first year, the major advantages of GAP insurance are generally included in your comprehensive insurance policy. You could consider it for year two, but the consensus seems to be to buy it from a broker rather than Audi.

1. Be gentle first 5k miles? I'm only about 500 miles in but i'm being very careful
2. Need Gap insurance? (Paid cash for car) not really got any comments on this, sorry
3. What about floor mats? Did you order form Audi? If not I need to get before collection and from where?? I just asked the dealer for a set of Audi mats
4. Fuel, is tesco ok or need to go for BP, shell only? any for diesel
5. Screen wash, is normal cheap screen wash ok? any as long as it's not washing up liquid

I'd say definitely get Gap insurance, and as has been mentioned a quick Google will reveal many companies that will match Audis cover for a lot less, Audi and other makers have huge mark ups and salesman get commission for selling it, I wanted it all to be with Audi for peace of mind and less hassle so I went and got a third party quote and went back to Audi and said get near that or I will go elsewhere, they nearly matched it which was good enough for me

Read the GAP policy carefully and compare. Some have wording that could arguably mean no pay out when you would have expected it to.

Depending on if you value your car, get it a new detail rather than the dealer do it, unless the dealer outsources detailing.

First 3 years GAP is usually cheap and I recommend a reputable one. I initially went with the dealer but have changed my mind now.

I went with ALA I think for GAP insurance, was £128 IIRC.

For gap I went for ala. Can get you a 10% off code if you want?

Most important thing for your new car will be to expect it. Make sure all the options you have ordered are fitted and enjoy.

Reactions: Double V
For gap I went for ala. Can get you a 10% off code if you want?

Most important thing for your new car will be to expect it. Make sure all the options you have ordered are fitted and enjoy.

Could I please have the 10% off code. :)

Could I please have the 10% off code. :)

Check cash back websites for better ALA discounts. Also try getting a quote form gap123 as they will probably be cheaper then call ALA who will match and beat by 20%!!

Reactions: Double V
Check cash back websites for better ALA discounts. Also try getting a quote form gap123 as they will probably be cheaper then call ALA who will match and beat by 20%!!
Wonderful.
I will do that. :)
Many thanks
Getting paid tomorrow. And that is when I am buying it.

Did you get this sorted??

Hey
No not yet.
I have til September. I have postponed it til June.
Had to book the tickets for holidays before they could increase. :$
Now i am broke and driving A5 lol.