New A3 1.4 TFSI Sportback just ordered!

siouxchief

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just placed my order for a new A3 1.4 TFSI Sportback having never owned a new car or an Audi. After seeing the new A3 Sportback I thought I had to have it especially since I thought they had really improved the look of the rear. I got a 10% discount too which I was delighted about, probably due to it being nearly the end of the year. This was my spec:

A3 Sportback 1.4 S line, Glacier White
Hold Assist
Advanced key
Folding mirrors
Interior Lighting pack
Tyre pressure indicator
Removed Sports Suspension

Thanks to a recent thread on here I also made sure they will give me proper EU plates, the option to select a reg number nearer the time and no dealer stickers on the windows. I will contemplate the S Line badge on the front grill as delivery approaches...I left out some options like better sound system as I'm not that much of an audiophile so didn't feel I needed it. The wife also made me drop the privacy glass and sunroof as she thought they were a bit “boy racer” to use her words :-(. Think I will also wait to buy an s-tronic to try out the adaptive cruise control rather than on a manual.

Can’t wait now to get it. Thanks for all the info on here, it has been great.

Reactions: grantDUBshaw
Hi,

I have just placed my order for a new A3 1.4 TFSI Sportback having never owned a new car or an Audi. After seeing the new A3 Sportback I thought I had to have it especially since I thought they had really improved the look of the rear. I got a 10% discount too which I was delighted about, probably due to it being nearly the end of the year. This was my spec:

Hold Assist
Advanced key
Folding mirrors
Interior Lighting pack
Tyre pressure indicator

Thanks to a recent thread on here I also made sure they will give me proper EU plates, the option to select a reg number nearer the time and no dealer stickers on the windows. I will contemplate the S Line badge on the front grill as delivery approaches...I left out some options like better sound system as I'm not that much of an audiophile so didn't feel I needed it. The wife also made me drop the privacy glass and sunroof as she thought they were a bit “boy racer” to use her words :-(. Think I will also wait to buy an s-tronic to try out the adaptive cruise control rather than on a manual.

That sounds awesome!!! What delivery time have you got?
Malabo having removed the sports suspension -- what suspension will it come with?

That sounds awesome!!! What delivery time have you got?Malabo having removed the sports suspension -- what suspension will it come with?
The expected delivery date on the receipt thing I signed said March 31st but I think this is an estimate at best. With the xmas break I think I may not get it till May to be honest. Will chase for more info in the new year. Hoping to get standard suspension by deselecting the sports suspension. The Mrs will hopefully be pregnant next year so I want it to be as comfortable as possible.

Sounds like a good idea. I spent yesterday driving a 2.0TDI-184 quattro s-tronic S-Line and it did seem a little harsh to what I am used to with my current SE. Mind you being an S-Line it did have 18" wheels.

Sounds like a good idea. I spent yesterday driving a 2.0TDI-184 quattro s-tronic S-Line and it did seem a little harsh to what I am used to with my current SE. Mind you being an S-Line it did have 18" wheels.
I've often thought demo cars are a bit harsher and wonder if the 'new' tyres may play a factor. I have to say 18in 8V wheels are a lot less harsh than the 21in ones on an A7 BE I drove recently and at just over £100 each less than a third the price!

Damn... 10% off - good work on the negotiations front ! I test drove Sport S line - and Mrs sitting in a passenger seat and driving it herself gave a green light :) I guess it also depends on what kind of ride do you prefer, and what kind of car you drove beforehand :) I've never seen anyone complaining about their suspension choice (except looks) - so I guess you can get used to it.

Just to give you some idea of how I managed to get 10% in case anyone is currently buying. To be truthful, face-to-face I'm not the best haggler.

1. Look on every broker site for the best deal. I got 8% immediately from DTD.
2. Bring best deal to local dealer and ask could he match it.
3. He matched the broker 8% so I said I would have a think about it and speak to the wife.
4. Tried brokers one more time and this time Carwow which I found the best came in at 9%.
5. Emailed Carwow broker and said my local dealer has said he would match his 9% offer and add options of £600 (untrue)
6. Emailed local dealer and mentioned new Carwow 9% deal and that they would also offer options of £600 (untrue)
7. Local dealer said he can match 9% without options and Carwow dealer stuck to his 9% offer without options.
8. Happy at this stage but wrote one more email and BCC'd about 6 garages within 40miles mentioning 9% and £600 options. All said no except one which agreed which equalled 10.2% discount.

With this approach I said I can't take calls at work so it was all done by email as I am rubbish on the phone. I also never said who the offers were from as sometimes it was dealers bidding against their sister garage which could get messy. Throughout I also said I could get the deal done before Christmas as leverage. Not sure that the fact my original spec only had metallic added helped and maybe they thought they could easily give me stock. I will let you decide if that made a difference but I just wanted to keep it simple so kept options to a minimum to begin with...

The beauty of doing everything by email is when you are happy with the figure you just go in, add a few hundred worth of options, decline gap (thanks to advice on here), get persuaded to keep the smoking pack for the fancy holder and the deal is done which is all very easy and pleasant.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Pauljamescaton
Hi,

Hold Assist
Advanced key
Folding mirrors
Interior Lighting pack
Tyre pressure indicator

Strangely enough my wife made me add privacy glass so the kids in the back get protection from the sun! lol

Nice spec but it really needs auto lights, auto wipers and dimming rear view mirror...

I'd call the dealer before its to late, very little money and you never have to turn lights or wipers on again, no more rear view mirror dazzle..

I can hear you picking up the phone..........

Nice spec but it really needs auto lights, auto wipers and dimming rear view mirror...

I'd call the dealer before its to late, very little money and you never have to turn lights or wipers on again, no more rear view mirror dazzle..

I can hear you picking up the phone..........

Fully agree, wouldn't be without it on my current car, and would always spec it again on any new one.

Nice spec but it really needs auto lights, auto wipers and dimming rear view mirror...I'd call the dealer before its to late, very little money and you never have to turn lights or wipers on again, no more rear view mirror dazzle..I can hear you picking up the phone..........
Very tempting, will have a think about it...I try my best not to become too much of an option junky