New A1 incoming

smk82

Reaction score
I will be now also be posting about an incoming A1 for my wife.. after a bit of a hunt on Autotrader, we settled possibly on a 2011 185bhp S-line s-tronic in glacier white with

Panoramic sunroof
Black pack
Sat nav
Heated seats
Xenons
Comfort pack
Privacy glass
Light and rain sensors
Parking system plus
Full leather sports seats

After a viewing we decided we'd go for it, so hopefully will be sitting on our drive next couple of weeks

I did check on the oil issue, and the car had its engine replaced under warranty by the owner with no oil issues since.. needless to say she's quite excited..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: 45bvtc
Car has arrived and wife is very happy.. it's actually amalfi white (looked brighter when we saw it). Only thing to obviously fix, apart from giving it a good detail is the rattle in the armrest which has been reported quite a bit in other threads. Hopefully some felt tape should do the job. Photos hopefully tomorrow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 45bvtc
Here's a couple of pics after the drive back down from my parents, a bit dirty unfortunately.. still managed 41.2mpg (according to DIS) on the way back down, so obviously a little less brim to brim.. still impressive considering the engine BNP..
14533e44f9dd7b4ef4cb42a579751ec5.jpg
abe757d2929c2695591130b0e0c7f5b4.jpg
796599594121bb7817d9d1ffd9f3c858.jpg

Reactions: daydotz, THQuattro and 45bvtc
They really are a superb motor car, smk82: we purchased ours - a 2013 185bhp S-line 7-speed s-tronic in Daytona grey - unseen in June 2016 (but with a 12-month Audi warranty) and it is now our daily driver: just love the way this machine goes, stops, rides, steers and handles:

Image001MA30022162 0001

Been out in the RS3 today mind and that's another story (fabulous motor car) but compared with the 185bhp A1 both the brakes and steering are heavier and the RS3, understandably for a 71-year old
29.gif
not as chuckable as the A1.

GOOD choice smk82, a very good choice
4200.gif

PS: just put a non-resonated Milltek on ours, nice...

Wasn't me it was the wife who decided on it.. still it makes me miss a petrol engine for sure.. so whenever I finally chance mine, it will be back to petrol for me

Wasn't me it was the wife who decided on it.. still it makes me miss a petrol engine for sure.. so whenever I finally chance mine, it will be back to petrol for me

Yep, I'll agree with that; so next step is to de-badge it.

I've both black and silver tailpipes (on eBay) if you need, the Milltek don't need 'em.

Nice Amalfi A1 & also the Daytona A1 @45bvtc.

You should both try an S1 :yes:

Nice Amalfi A1 & also the Daytona A1 @45bvtc.

You should both try an S1 :yes:

But I have tried the S1 a couple of times and did like 'em, LOTS! Fabulous motor cars. And would have readily purchased an S1 but without a DSG it wasn't for us. So a set of OE Black Edition wheels with winter rubber already fitted to ours I'm sure ours will do us just fine...

A1 on winter rubber

And when the weather gets too tough for our front-wheel drive A1 then there's a pair of quattros (both with winter rubber) in the garage ready, willing, and awaiting...

I know DSG isn't for everyone but if you exploit the manual as well as automatic modes I'm sure you'd understand our reasoning - and all three of our Audis are DSG equipped; would not go back to owning a manual but I do like one for sheer entertainment - as I do the DSG in 'manual' even in an RS6 or 7...

Reactions: SPIKE_