New A1 2019 stuttering/ hesistation solves it self!!

damunk

Reaction score
I can't beleive this as I've built engines my self so I know the basics but go figure the below;

New Audi , done 2500 miles in 6 months so doing alot of short journeys.

Car develops a very slight stuttering/hesistation at around 1800 rpm at gentle throttle through 2,3, 4 gear.

At same time Exhaust sounds like its blown. At 60mph sounds like a boy racer car. Low revs sounds louder than usual.

Stop start system not working either. MPG is terrible 20mpg . Call Audi to book it in.

I decide to take it for a long drive to charge up the battery. I do a 40 mile run on the motorway. MPG is abit **** until the last ten miles it starts to creep up to 30MPG.

The exhaust noise is now super quite! WTF. THe stop start system starts to work. There is ZERO hesistation in the rev range. And now MPG is back to normal at 44 on a good run on the motorway.

What happened? Cat convertor cannot unblock it self. A blow exhaust cannot fix it self.
I wonder if I should give it a few 3/4 throttle sprints to see what happens. EErgh , dont get it!

Your long journey must of cleaned the GPF filter and fully charged the battery, now the car feels
much better for it.
Modern car don't like short journeys.

Must have been the cat covertor. must have been clogged due to shorter journeys? hence the heavy noise in exhaust and slight hesistation in rpm. Must have been blow back - reverse pressure.