New 8P RS3 Owner.

RS3-Rob

Reaction score
Hi guys!

Rob from E.Yorkshire - Just 2 days ago I purchased a Misano 2012 RS3, 33K miles from Approved Leeds Audi and I can honestly say its by far the best purchase I have and will EVER make, What an absolute weapon!
My previous decent cars were a Cupra K1 and more recently a B5 S4 but the RS3 would leave them both in its wake without breaking a sweat, the power in these things is literally unreal.

I was originally looking at a similiar aged TTrs but I was struggling to find a good, low mileage spec'd one which was S-Tronic and within my price range so the next best option was the RS3.

The only pic I have for now:

I've had a look through the forum regarding the recalls and a few have been done on the car which is the 39E1: Haldex, 661G: Offside inner wheel duct, 46F8: Offside front brake duct and also 4716: Brake caliper, brake pads and brake discs, The others did not need to be replaced according to the dealership.

I will be getting the car booked in at JJB in York for a health check for my own peace of mind along with an oil change and filter.

Something else that I've been search the forum and net for is folding mirrors, I would have thought with it being an RS, it should as standard have folding mirrors but in this case it doesnt. I have no button down on the drivers door to turn so the mirrors fold in, and also in the MMI there is no information regarding this, does this seem right?

Anyway enough talking and more browsing,

Look forward to dealing with you guys for general info and discussions and also cheap parts! ;)

Cheers!

Reactions: RS3copilot, Raiden, 45bvtc and 2 others
Welcome to the forum! You've got a beauty there!

Hope you'll be joining us all at AITP? If so, let me know as I'll be heading down from near Leeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, it is immaculate inside and out and I'm finding any excuse to go outside and just sit in it lol.

Regarding AITP, I'll need to see what shifts I get lumbered with at work because its a new company so everything is up in the air at the minute, but if I can make it then I will let you know. :rock:

Reactions: 45bvtc and MikeSel^
Welcome Rob. Fantastic looking RS3. Enjoy it. :)

Reactions: RS3-Rob and 45bvtc
RS looks great

Reminds me of my previous one

982aec8edbc6f0c688b40dafa0125f18.jpg

Reactions: Rehanna, Raiden, Jake 61 and 2 others
Welcome to ASN Rob. That is a beautiful RS3 - enjoy!

Reactions: RS3-Rob and 45bvtc
Thanks for the warm welcome. :rockwoot:. I had quite a few looks in the works car park this morning as I rolled up and people saying what a gorgeous car/colour combo it is, asking what the BHP was etc and also a few youngish lads in an old vauxhall gave me the thumbs up which is great, but at the same time made me think how much of the bad attention these cars get and since I got home I've been hunting online for the best/highly recommended alarms/immobiliser on the market.
I'm not a huge fan of alarms as I just think people turn a blind eye to the noise they make and just close their windows and shut the blinds. I've been looking at the Auto Watch Ghost immobiliser which seems the most reliable and up to date, yet being the best deterrent against thieves as you need to enter a custom key combination within the cabin of the car which could be anything such as pressing the volume control 4 times along with a window 'up' button in order for the car to start.

Has anyone had one of these or currently using one? OR any other recommendations as immobilisers go?

I want the car to stay where I left it regardless of cost, albeit within reason as I've read quite afew stories of cars being stolen via the OBD port on Audi's, VW's etc just recently.

Cheers!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Thanks for the warm welcome. :rockwoot:. I had quite a few looks in the works car park this morning as I rolled up and people saying what a gorgeous car/colour combo it is, asking what the BHP was etc and also a few youngish lads in an old vauxhall gave me the thumbs up which is great, but at the same time made me think how much of the bad attention these cars get and since I got home I've been hunting online for the best/highly recommended alarms/immobiliser on the market.
I'm not a huge fan of alarms as I just think people turn a blind eye to the noise they make and just close their windows and shut the blinds. I've been looking at the Auto Watch Ghost immobiliser which seems the most reliable and up to date, yet being the best deterrent against thieves as you need to enter a custom key combination within the cabin of the car which could be anything such as pressing the volume control 4 times along with a window 'up' button in order for the car to start.

Has anyone had one of these or currently using one? OR any other recommendations as immobilisers go?

I want the car to stay where I left it regardless of cost, albeit within reason as I've read quite afew stories of cars being stolen via the OBD port on Audi's, VW's etc just recently.

Cheers!

First thing I would do Rob is de-badge it - I've had several people think my car just a tarted up 2.0 diesel A3 and I'm happy with that; and then get a Crook Lock.

GREAT choice of a motor car, Rob; had mine for 6-years now and there's nothing gonna replace mine for some time yet.