New 7 speed s-tronic box and launch control

hallion

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm currently deciding between the M240i and new S3 saloon. I just want to confirm that the new 7 speed s-tronic box has launch control? Also what's the 0-60 times with and without launch control.

Thanks

Yes it does have L/C, but I couldn't tell you the difference in 0-62 times.

Reactions: hallion
Hi guys,

I'm currently deciding between the M240i and new S3 saloon. I just want to confirm that the new 7 speed s-tronic box has launch control? Also what's the 0-60 times with and without launch control.

Thanks
@hallion - Hi & :welcome!: to ASN!

In answer to your questions
Yes the 7 speed s-tronic S3saloon does have LC
Audi are quoting 4.6secs 0-62mph
(Page 38 S3 saloon brochure
https://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/...odelpricelists/A3-and-S3-Saloon-Pricelist.pdf )

Probably a bit early for owners to be giving your comparison times for LC & non-LC launches me thinks

Reactions: hallion and pburv
Surely there isn't much in the FL and pre-FL 0-60s?

I too am interested in the times without LC. There was a video showing this against a 228i but I'm not sure how reliable it is.

It's a reservation of mine for buying an S3 next.....I never use LC in everyday driving, but I get next to no delay in my S5 due to the supercharger. How noticeable is it on the S3?

Reactions: hallion
It's a reservation of mine for buying an S3 next.....I never use LC in everyday driving, but I get next to no delay in my S5 due to the supercharger. How noticeable is it on the S3?
There isn't any delay that I've noticed from a normal standing start. Goes like stink. I'm no expert on launch control but my mate who has an S3 always comments how quick you think it is without launching but when you do launch it seems much quicker. This of course could be imagined as the extra noise and excitement when you launch might make it seem quicker than it is, although 4.8 seconds to 60 is ****** quick.

Surely there isn't much in the FL and pre-FL 0-60s?
@DrEskimo - Audi are quoting in their brochures, 3/10sec quicker 0-62mph for the FL S3 saloon over the pre-FL
I would imagine this is down to the extra cog in the gearbox and Audi playing around with the gearing as a result

Just coming from a M135i auto to an S3. The M135i has launch control. Don't be misled, it's no more than a gimmick and a faff to use, certainly not a basis for your decision. Sport auto mode in the BMW and floor it - standing 1/4 at Santa Pod in an unmodified car in 13s dead. Runs tried by others using the launch control were far slower.

The two cars are as quick as one another, it just comes down to the package you prefer after a decent test drive in the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk