SQ5 New 2020 SQ5 FY Owner

First drive since coding in the active TPMS :)

View attachment 213203 View attachment 213204
Hi Alex,
Very interesting read as you modify your SQ5. Is the Active TPMS something my A6 C7.5 MY2018 would take as a retro with both PSI & Temp? Not seen temperature displayed before :sunglasses:

I see you mention getting a memory seat module - would that be for the passengers seat by any chance? I miss the 'mirror drivers seat function' to move the passenger seat from the MMI (mirror and convienience we the options) as Audi dropped the memory module. Was standard on my old A5, gone from my A6 even with drivers memory seat!
Regards
Simon

Been a while since last update and lots has been going on with the SQ. Will post updates soon but i have been having issues with the car being black! I swore I would never own a black car after a constant battle with a brand new BMW M3 I had back in 2000. That car always looked dirty no matter what I did and then a bird took a dump on it while I was away on business and the acid in the poop etched in to the paint on the boot lid!

The deal I got on the SQ was way to good to pass up and figured I could live with the compromise but it’s been a battle, one which is either about to be won or lost as in a bid to make this colour my bitch the car is about to be ceramic coated!

When I took delivery of the car the factory wrap was still on it and the dealer was under strict instruction not to prep the car in any way. Once delivered my mobile detailer did a basic winter prep but the plan was always to have Automotive Addiction do their thang!

Prep has started!
19F140CD C03D 43D7 B9B7 8F995B66B148

Reactions: Jcbmally, RS3 S., NevMan and 1 other person
Been a while since last update and lots has been going on with the SQ. Will post updates soon but i have been having issues with the car being black! I swore I would never own a black car after a constant battle with a brand new BMW M3 I had back in 2000. That car always looked dirty no matter what I did and then a bird took a dump on it while I was away on business and the acid in the poop etched in to the paint on the boot lid!

The deal I got on the SQ was way to good to pass up and figured I could live with the compromise but it’s been a battle, one which is either about to be won or lost as in a bid to make this colour my bitch the car is about to be ceramic coated!

When I took delivery of the car the factory wrap was still on it and the dealer was under strict instruction not to prep the car in any way. Once delivered my mobile detailer did a basic winter prep but the plan was always to have Automotive Addiction do their thang!

Prep has started!
View attachment 241856

Looks good Alix. Ceramic makes a massive difference on black, having had Q5 then M40i, and easy to clean, BUT still shows the dirt and everything pretty sharpish

Reactions: Jcbmally
Hence car on the way for me is “white silver”

View attachment 241856
Looks good Alix. Ceramic makes a massive difference on black, having had Q5 then M40i, and easy to clean, BUT still shows the dirt and everything pretty sharpish
Oh yer but this way I won’t be so scared to wash it and it should be easier to maintain.

There were no white SQ5’s in the country (all my cars have been white since 2009) when I was looking and a factory order was out of the question as the numbers were just silly. I have already been on the hunt to trade this one to be honest but there were no used approved Macan Turbo S in white in the UK so off to automotive addiction it went lol

E68B1D9A 60F1 4078 863F 335D43122B1B

Reactions: Jcbmally, NevMan and Bishop187
Oh yer but this way I won’t be so scared to wash it and it should be easier to maintain.

There were no white SQ5’s in the country (all my cars have been white since 2009) when I was looking and a factory order was out of the question as the numbers were just silly. I have already been on the hunt to trade this one to be honest but there were no used approved Macan Turbo S in white in the UK so off to automotive addiction it went lol

View attachment 241861
With the used market going nuts you may get a great offer and maybe be tempted to go factory order !!

Reactions: NevMan
With the used market going nuts you may get a great offer and maybe be tempted to go factory order !!
With a 6+month wait and little discount, it’s not a great time to buy. Great time to sell if you don’t ‘need’ a car though.