1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

SQ5 New 2020 SQ5 FY Owner

DJAlix Nov 19, 2020

1. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Collected today with 23miles on the clock. Some of you might know me from the A3 forum and know that my vehicles don't stay stock very long.

IMG_0033.jpg IMG_0034.jpg

Car was collected with the ship wrap still on it. To the dealership that zero prep was to be completed, my detailer is booked.

SQ5 TDI 3.0 V6255 Mild Hybrid
    • 21" Audi Sport 5 Double Spoke V Style Wheels
    • Technology Pack with B&O 3D Sound
    • Fuel tank with increased volume
    • MagRide System
    • Red Calipers
    • Sports Seats in Fine Nappa Leather with Massage
    • Rear Bench Plus
    • Advanced Key
    • Folding Mirrors
    • LED Headlights with Highbeam Assist
    • Reversing Camera
    • Hold Assist
    • Acoustic Glass
    Got a cracking deal on the car so did not really get any goodies thrown in, just a couple of Geko's, however when I got home and popped the boot I found a seat of new OEM roof bars and an OEM Roof Bag.

First round of Mods Incoming, all being completed by VAG Car Coding ™ Limited, which is myself :)

Ghost II
    IMG_0043.jpg

Audi Rings for the rear doors
    IMG_0044.jpg

Thinkware Q800Pro Front and Rear Dashcam with External Battery

IMG_0046.jpg

Genuine OEM Running Boards and a Load Liner are on order. Parts for Memory Seats and Active TPMS are on there way also.

BarryG79, SPIKE_S3, A3simon and 6 others like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Bishop187

Bishop187 Registered User

Very nice Alix. What’s the power on that beast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJAlix likes this.
  4. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Thanks! 342bhp I think. Will find out for sure once its been on the rollers :)

X3man, RS3 S. and Bishop187 like this.
  5. T-1000

T-1000 Registered User

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X3man, DJAlix and RS3 S. like this.
  6. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Registered User

Hi Alix. Looks good, the roof bars & bag come standard with the SQ5, at least that's what the dealer told me with mine before it went for my ''as you know'' RS6.

X3man likes this.
  7. Kam05

Kam05 Registered User

Hi Alix - where are you getting your running boards from? OEM or aftermarket?

8. DJAlix

Genuine OEM and turned up today :) The boxes were MASSIVE so here are the parts minus the boxes where are now in the recycling:)

IMG_0053.jpg

The dealership I purchased the vehicle from wanted £1500 to supply and fit the same. With my trade discount these were working out approx £700. I found an Audi dealership offering these for £600 or best offer on eBay. I managed to secure these for £500 with delivery :) If interested send me a PM and will send you the listing as they have 2 sets left.

T-1000 and X3man like this.
  9. 1Rockape

1Rockape Registered User

Nice car alix what else is on the retrofit list ? Enjoy

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

X3man and Bishop187 like this.
  10. TDI-line

TDI-line Uber Post Whore

Looks great Alix.

It's a little quieter down here to the A3 forum. ;)

11. X3man

X3man Well known member

Top spec there, just missing pano.
    Look forward to seeing your mods and upgrades. What is the colour? Mythos Black?

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. SteveMcB

SteveMcB Registered User

Very nice.

14. DJAlix

Dealer never mentioned this but you are most likely correct as these are not cheap and would not just be forgotten in the boot.

RS3 S. likes this.
  15. DJAlix

Retrofit wise am looking at Active TPMS, Running Boards and Memory Seats parts are all on order. Matrix Lights would follow together with 360 camera and Night Vision. Am currently in talks with MTM re an M-Cantronic also.

RS3 S. likes this.
  16. X3man

X3man Well known member

They do come with the Q5, as they did with the 8R version. I still have a set in my shed

RS3 S. and DJAlix like this.
  17. Callum Jarvis

Callum Jarvis Registered User

The car looks amazing!! Can’t wait to see what you’re going to get up to with it! I remember you mentioned you liked the SQ5. How does it feel compared to your old storm trooper A3 ?

DJAlix likes this.
  18. DJAlix

Easy to drive as it doesn't feel big, effortless power, a very different animal to my A3. Loving it so far but I am missing the A3 is it was such a great car.

Callum Jarvis likes this.
  19. Callum Jarvis

Callum Jarvis Registered User

I agree, the Q2, 3 and 5 don’t have a particularly high ride height...doesn’t feel to different to a non SUV. I think that’s why some people prefer the Range/Land Rovers, higher seating position. The only exemption I’d say is the Q7...that’s just a beast. I’m glad you’re enjoying it and I’ll be watching out for your 360 camera retrofit!!

20. X3man

X3man Well known member

Very I would say, never mind the size and height the fact it is diesel, which is devils fuel to many

21. DJAlix

When I collected the vehicle it still had the deliver wrap on it. I took with of at the dealership in order to make sure there was no damage etc and then drove the vehicle home and it has not moved since. Today my dealer came over and spent the day getting the vehicle ready for winter, all sealed up with gTechniq etc etc

UIMG_0160.jpg

Yesterday I spent all day installing the Autowatch Ghost II. Yup, took me all day, not because I did not know what I was doing but because I wanted to bury the device deep in the vehicle where no one would find it let alone be able to remove it :)

I installed the Thinkware Q800Pro 2CH System over the weekend just gone, complete with external iVolt battery in the rear of the vehicle.

UIMG_0174.jpg UIMG_0169.jpg IMG_0180.jpg

Next up... Active TPMS and Running Boards.

IMG_0184.jpg