1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Q5 New 2018 - Automatic g/box issue

tempsc Oct 15, 2018

1. tempsc

tempsc New Member

Hi. I have just taken delivery of a 2018 Q5 S line 2.0tdi. Twice now I have noticed a problem with the auto box. Once I was driving along at around 45mph. The car just very suddenly had an intermittent loss of momentum it seemed but then almost immediately, things just returned to normal. Thought it was odd but perhaps a fuel issue and continued with no further problem. More recently, I was in a multi story car park. Driving on an up ramp then car did just the same but this time, rolled back slightly until the box 're-engaged' and with quite a jolt continued.

So. I want to take it to the dealers to have them investigate but I would very much like to be better informed before I go so I don't get fobbed off so to speak.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Daniel1512

Daniel1512 Member

the problem sounds like your mechatronic. The mechatronic is the name given to the electro-hydraulic control unit that is responsible for controlling the gearbox, and it’s a very expensive part. Fortunately, there are many companies that can repair this fault, and a quick search of “DSG Mechatronic Repair” should yield plenty of results

i had my replaced from an indy garage for 1300 pound

4. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Active Member

.............your Audi warranty should cover any problem with the car being so new.

Leebroath likes this.
  5. Daniel1512

Daniel1512 Member

agree with RS3 chuck it back at them

6. tempsc

tempsc New Member

Hi all. Thanks for the responses. I will be discussing this problem with Audi for sure. I was just concerned that with it only being an intermittent fault, when I do take it back, they may not be able to find a fault with it. I see Daniel thinks it's the 'Mechatronic' . Any other thoughts? I just want to be able to go in and discuss the matter with Audi from a position of having looked into it myself and not being a total 'push over' that can easily be fobbed off and them just saying 'we couldn't find any problem'.

Thanks.

7. Daniel1512

Daniel1512 Member

I would say to them that u want it fixed before they give you the car back. Tell them it has nearly put your family in danger when you have been driving.