New 2015 RS3!!!

Dave, my concern is that, in waiting for the saloon, I could be waiting for someone that never comes along!

yes that is a problem, fortunately i still adore my car (and it has a 5 year warranty) so i am not desperate to change it, which means i can wait to see what happens, waiting also means most of the early problems will be sorted

Last rs3 did not have the option, just a valved exhaust.

I had the sports exhaust on the TT, big difference, had cat bypass pipes fitted along with the flapper mode done, sounded the business. Wonder if the tips will look any different, TT RS with sports exhaust had black tips to differentiate

Ah yeah that's a good comparison - The exhaust in the TTRS and optional exhaust.

Hmmmm ..... tempting then if it really is THAT good :cool:

Hopefully, it is not 'boomy' for cruising on a motorway though ?

its got start-stop facility?? thats a game changer for me

in london on other cars that have had it fitted it has increased my mpg by 40%!!!

i assume the stock car will be like ours, bypass valve to make it louder, will be interesting to see if it has a single or pair of twin zorts like the S3

if the giant barry ovals work like they do on the RS6 etc then they will make it even louder and whilst looking daft will be a must have option IMO

i suspect the only way to hear side by side will be if they have both at the introduction days, if they have them, and i get invited lol

so pretty much as i suspected

Butterfly valves in the exhaust system control the exhaust flow and deliver a suitably full-bodied and characterful note that varies with engine load and speed. For the first time in an Audi model at this level, a sports exhaust upgrade which deepens the tone even further is also available as an option. The driver can control the volume and depth of the output in both set-ups via the standard Audi drive select adaptive dynamics system.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Ah yeah that's a good comparison - The exhaust in the TTRS and optional exhaust.

Hmmmm ..... tempting then if it really is THAT good :cool:

Hopefully, it is not 'boomy' for cruising on a motorway though ?

Mine was boomy at certain revs, however this was after I had done the flapper mod. However I reckon this would not be the case in the RS3, my TT RS was alot louder inside than my friends RS3 and he cat bypass pips and milltek cat back exhaust on his

EVO driving one in the snow, sounds fantastic (sounds like a louder MK1 :p )

and its not got the horrid dynamic steering of the other RS's, phew :)

its really growing on me, with all the bits you need to spec i can see it costing mid 50s ...

got to have those quilted seats :D

Nardo in that vid looks stunning. My mind is totally made up now. Just got to beg the dealer to get me one in time for Le Mans

B02EBCFE-A081-4DFA-B35F-B5402978DAF0-1379-0000038E73A7BF21_zps0451b933.jpg

Snap! Mine will look like this apart from the red calipers.

Reactions: CCWS3 and Dave Hedgehog
Quite simply stunning. Thats the one for me. I think ill go red calipers, they look lary but certainly draw the eye to the gorgeous petal discs.

Just returned back from putting my £1000 deposit down at Southend Audi. Given them my draft spec and expecting a call on 2nd March to confirm so the order can be sent to the Factory! Excited to say the least! Going with Nardo as long as its not a £2k "exclusive" colour. If not it will be Glacier White.

Reactions: Cymru09
Visually, the sports exhaust has black tips, not polished stainless steel. When you think that milltek's new S3 system costs almost twice what Audi are charging for the sports exhaust on the new RS3, the additional cost of optioning it to your RS3 makes more sense to me.

Not overly keen on those alloys shown in pictures above - anyone seen/found out what the options look like? I notice audi have just released new 19" rim options for the S3 and the one's for the hatch look superb - a bit gutted as I would have had them on my S3 if they'd been available...

I keep getting harassed to place an order for the RS3, but have now decided to wait until I have seen and driven one. I'm not going to order a new car 'unseen' . No hurry for me and I also want to get behind the wheel of a new TTS, just to weigh up which way to go. I sat down and worked out the prices and it's just 2k between TTS and RS3, optioned the way I want them.

Last edited:
I can't understand the rush to place orders ?
You can't spec the car until 2 March, I don't get it !
They aren't even 100% sure they'll have a physical car to look at for March....

I absolutely love it but atm I can't afford it in the spec I would want so I'm going to wait till everyone has done the mad rush on buying one and paid full whack and going to wait till there's discounts ( which there will be look at other rs models and even the a45 you can get a couple of grand off now the mad rush to have one is over)

Or the s3 might get even better discounts to which then I will just buy that and fit the carbon ceramics off the rs3

The mad rush for me is that I had an S3 on order and have had to cancel that asap in order for it not to be too late. The other reason is that I am currently running around in my Mrs Peugeot 207. Hence I am desperate for a new motor and the RS3 is hardly going to be a sack of old spuds. Not even considering any other car so for me its a no brainer. Plus I am praying I can get it in time for Le Mans this year. If not at least Ill have it for Audis in the Park in August.

Reactions: Tej13 and mister.c.
Spoke to audi today and have been told rs3 saloon should be arriving in December this year. That's thrown a spanner in the works!

Reactions: MartayMcFly
I believe I am right in saying the Geneva Show starts on the 5th March, so looking forward to some good quality pictures of the car under the show lights - they always tend to show the cars at their best imo.

I'm in no rush to order one, but there's nothing wrong about getting excited about the prospect is there? I need to see and drive one before I'll part with a deposit. Dealer said they hope to have a demo car by May/June. They plan to get one in Nardo Grey BTW! The more I look at those Nardo pictures above, the less I like it. May be the wheels are not helping, don't like those at all. There's an RS5 near me in Nardo and it does look awesome, but I can't help thinking that good old boring white (not even glacier) will suit this car most - in my eyes anyway. Match that to the black styling and black alloys - it's going to look mean, but subtle. Having said that, I still might just buy a new TTS. LOL. If they'd gone with the 3 door in RS3, it would be a no brainer. I'm not the biggest fan of the sportback in the looks department. 3 doors is always going to look better to my eyes. Same goes with the S3. The four door saloon is even less appealing. Still, plenty of time to come to a decision and am quite happy with my S3 for now.

what colour is this Guys ?
In the thread it mentions nardo - but it looks completely different to nardo in the pics above.
Looks more like white or suzuka grey to me ?
Either way looks great :icon thumright:

I just got an invite from Audi to go tothis on 05/03/2015:

We would be delighted if you could join us at the very special, by-invitation-only, UK debut of the all new RS 3 Sportback at Audi City on the evening of 5 March 2015. We shall be staging an exclusive opportunity to view the car inside our landmark digital showroom in the heart of London’s Mayfair - just one day after its world premiere at the Geneva International Motor Show. This special occasion will see the wraps come off the all new model in front of our closest VIP contacts.

Hope fully I can get a full options list + prices from this, as that is all I am waiting for before speaking with a dealer about an order.
Did any one else getthis invite?

Reactions: mister.c. and Snake Pliskin
SNAP! We'll see you there....

But I ain't a changing! BLUEY and me are together for some time yet...

I love my current RS3, maybe not quite as much as you love Bluey though John. its a combination of a few quite small reasons that are making me think I will probably make the change. I am not 100% sold yet. Alot will depend on what is standard kit and the cost of options etc.

It will be good to meet you face to face

Reactions: 45bvtc
Go run an Audi A2 1.4 90bhp diesel for TWO-weeks and then go back to the RS3 and the RS3 will scare yer socks off: the RS3 is an amazingly good car.

Keep going up and up, and spending more and more, and the chances are that the differences will be oh so small. Take a step back, however, and you'll be amazed how much fun you'll have with so much less. LESS can be MORE! Sooooo much more... Our recently aquired £4K car is just amazingly good fun: brakes, steering, handling, etc.: 55mpg and £30 tax - what a laugh... :yahoo:

Contact you closer to the day Andy... Might even drive down in the A2, oh but really...

Your not wrong, my daily runabout is a 1.5L Diesel Dacia Duster!! An appropriate comparison might be a Sopwith Camel vs Typhoon Jet!!!

Reactions: 45bvtc
Spoke to audi today and have been told rs3 saloon should be arriving in December this year. That's thrown a spanner in the works!

This is very much hearsay and at the moment not true :( which is a shame!

Also I gaurentee that event in March will be a good one!

In the thread it mentions nardo - but it looks completely different to nardo in the pics above.

Yeah, I'd say that was suzuka grey too, which definitely looks great with the black trim instead of matt aluminium! Just needs some darker coloured wheels!

Pretty certain that's suzuka. Too light for nardo

If it is Suzuka and they do offer that as a colour on the RS3 I would be seriously tempted - looks great with the black pack I agree :cool:

Suzuka Grey would look awesome with the gloss black kit and rims. I reckon it will be an "exclusive" colour so will be about a 2k option. Nardo looking like being a standard "option" colour do will be about 600 quid

Audi have messed around with the paint offerings lately.
Some of the colours which used to RS exclusive like sepang and suzuka are now available on S and even S Line cars !
I know that Sepang and suzuka can be had on a regular S Line A5 currently as a standard paint upgrade.
I hope suzuka is offered although i suspect that nardo will be the grey offering on the RS.

Is this invitation event only happening at one Audi?