new 2.0T owner, with a few questions/issues

Audi3S

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm wondering if i was to change my exhaust (at the moment its a resonated catback) to a non-res would i be required to map again?

I'm aware mapping again would be ideal with it possibly pulling a few more horses, however Im not sure what I would want to do next and for time being was wondering if it would be ok and whether the power delivery would differ?

Also apart from this, i've realised the car lacks power every now and then, i've done a vcd scan nothing came up? has anyone had any experience with such thing? as everything seems to be normal.

No map is required for a cat back so it will not make any difference whether it is resonated or none resonated. However if you changed the down pipe for something with a less restrictive sports cat you would need a map. The cat back largely controls noise but the restrictive part of the system is the down pipe.
Regarding the power loss, does it need a service? Have you checked the diverter valve is not leaking? Are there any leaks in hoses or loose clamps? How about a fresh set of plugs.

Reactions: Audi3S
A bit more info on your car would help --- year, Stronic or manual, Quattro or 2wd.

Reactions: Audi3S
Cheers for the advice, more on the car it's a quattro and manual 2006/7 with 64k.

It's recently been serviced including haldex, filters and oil etc.

I do suspect the dv is going however can't hear anything to confirm but the car does seem to be low on boost or something.

I have suspected an odd noise and have found another recent thread however that has no answers.

More or less between 20-30mph in gear 3 when releasing the accelerator I can hear a odd air leak type noise which sounds just like a push bike chain when not peddling if that makes sense?

As you have have a K03 turbo, the diverter valve is on the turbo and so is quite a tricky job to change, especially for the novice mechanic.
Much easier on the S3 with K04 turbo as the valve is on the front of the engine.