New 2.0 Tdi S-Line ECU Remap

I considered that but the running costs of the new one are far lower and it would feel like I'm going backwards - think I'll wait another few weeks then buy the plug in box and settle for 180bhp.

Fair enough - Suppose if you have "put up" with it for 7.5 months then maybe you don't hate that much after all

i still grin ever time I get in mine!! Especially now I am opening her up a bit after 2000+ miles.....only earlier this week I put my foot down on a steep uphill section on the A602 to overtake as many cars as I could in the inside crawler lane.........geez before I knew it was topping 80!!!!!!!

Fair enough - Suppose if you have "put up" with it for 7.5 months then maybe you don't hate that much after all

i still grin ever time I get in mine!! Especially now I am opening her up a bit after 2000+ miles.....only earlier this week I put my foot down on a steep uphill section on the A602 to overtake as many cars as I could in the inside crawler lane.........geez before I knew it was topping 80!!!!!!!

A remapped ECU would blow your mind then, far more punchy torque and more fuel economy seems too good to be true but ever since my VW Bora in 2008, remapped ECU's are simply awesome and transform good cars into 'this has to be too good to be true' cars! I'd never go back to petrol!

It is tempting, maybe will consider if if I start getting bored at some point, but to be fair the current performance is fine for me at the moment 95% of the time

A remapped ECU would blow your mind then, far more punchy torque and more fuel economy seems too good to be true but ever since my VW Bora in 2008, remapped ECU's are simply awesome and transform good cars into 'this has to be too good to be true' cars! I'd never go back to petrol!

I agree, I had a Mondeo 2.0l 140ps diesel remapped and it totally transformed the car and made it not only more 'drivable', but the difference the torque increase gave was phenomenal..

This is why I love internet forums, a source of wealthy information. Didn't know why I didn't see this when I first joined back in June. I've been considering the first main mod with my audi is a remap but at long as its doable and doesn't effect warrenty (to a certain extent) then I'm happy with a plug and play kit. All this talk on the 2.0TDI, what does people think of mapping the new 1.4TFSI 122 engine?

Hi, I will probably want to map my 1.4l 140ps engine, coming from a remapped ecoboost 1.6l, but the engine is too new yet..

This is why I love internet forums, a source of wealthy information. Didn't know why I didn't see this when I first joined back in June. I've been considering the first main mod with my audi is a remap but at long as its doable and doesn't effect warrenty (to a certain extent) then I'm happy with a plug and play kit. All this talk on the 2.0TDI, what does people think of mapping the new 1.4TFSI 122 engine?

Audi leant me that car when the delivery of mine was delayed and I was quite impressed with it. The gains are never as much as with diesel lumps but for the right price it's worth it. I worked out it would take around 20
months to pay for a remap on my old FR with the saving in fuel and during that time you are driving a much better vehicle, its a seeing is believing thing with remapping and worth every penny.

Hi, I will probably want to map my 1.4l 140ps engine, coming from a remapped ecoboost 1.6l, but the engine is too new yet..

I would have had mine done immediately with delivery mileage on it and know a few that have done just that. Nothing in the manuals I saw about the long running in period you used to have and was told engines aren't the same as they used to be in that regard.

I will probably wait a bit longer then that and go to a company that offers there own mechanical warranty on top of Audi's..

What is the Torque figure for the TDI 150 engine? i was just looking through my Audi config sheet i saved when ordering and that says 340 NM, but the Parkers online facts and figures quotes 320 NM.

What is the Torque figure for the TDI 150 engine? i was just looking through my Audi config sheet i saved when ordering and that says 340 NM, but the Parkers online facts and figures quotes 320 NM.

236lb/ft in old money so 320NM

So the Audi website is incorrect? Just checked and it still has it as 340 nm

All this talk about mapping and whether it's detectable. Nobody has mentioned the reason the ECU is removed is that it has to be physically broken into (split open) to be able to remove the code lock.
No matter how good your coder is, you can see the damage made to break in. There are tool marks and creases in the outer flange where it's first parted.

All this talk about mapping and whether it's detectable. Nobody has mentioned the reason the ECU is removed is that it has to be physically broken into (split open) to be able to remove the code lock.
No matter how good your coder is, you can see the damage made to break in. There are tool marks and creases in the outer flange where it's first parted.

The tamper proof grub screws on the ecu cage are obtained and stocked by a few tuners. I was told by Audi that unless its an ECU issue they will stand by the warranty if I went for a remap so I'm happy to take that small chance for massive performance gains. Audi won't void the whole warranty with a remap according to them so I'm going for it (as soon as I can find a frickin tuner able to remap!

Whatever speed you have you get used to it in 2 weeks and always want more. The 2.0TDI is fine for me - overtakes effortlessly, plenty of grunt there. Trouble with some higher powered cars is you barely ever get to use them if you drive on busy roads, in the city, and even on an empty dual carriageway you get up to speed and then the sitting there is exactly the same! I can understand it if you regularly take your car on track days, or regularly drive down twisty roads faster than you probably should... but for me, as long as it has enough power to safely overtake and perform normal driving without putting loads of effort in, it's fine! I think you'll love it :) I came from a 117bhp petrol and the difference is hugely noticeable.

I was was bored with mine so went out and bought an m3 as a toy........ I went out in my a3 yesterday and realised as above going down the a46 you get to speed limit and sat there for 18 miles getting 50 mpg in my a3 or 18 mpg in my m3 ! No brainer..........

The a3 is a great all rounder 150bhp is adequete enough for most conditions and will put you in speed limit breaking territory quick enough . I live in Nottingham and every road has cameras or stupidly low speed limits or coppers in vans waiting for you with gatso's , you have to remember how light the new a3 is compared to old also I can spin the wheels by accident in slight damp conditions so with a remap I bet you can't even put the extra power down properly!
if you wanted extra power you should buy the 184ps Quattro or buy a petrol sports car, not a 2.0 tdi 150bhp fwd diesel!
i have a favourite hobby normally on a Sunday I go out in my m3 and wait for the idiot who thinks he's got a fast diesel to try and race me off the lights in the m3 ...... Watching him chugg black smoke out his overfuelling and over boosting Eco derv thinking its fast as he becomes distant in my rear view mirror .

I would like to see what actual increases in real time a remap does to the 2.0 tdi , 0-60 time , 0-100 time, track time or lap time say at cadwell or bruntingthorpe or donnington or the ring????? Because people forget most diesels no matter how much you map or tune them the factory drivetrain and gearbox restrict it in the real world NOT on a DYNO.

I considered that but the running costs of the new one are far lower and it would feel like I'm going backwards - think I'll wait another few weeks then buy the plug in box and settle for 180bhp.

All this is just my opinion but I do currently own a 8v 2.0 tdi s line, and a e46 BMW m3 and I have compared an off the line setting with my dads a6 3.0 tdi bi turbo Quattro s line and I still beat him with that having a 0-60 time of 5.1 secs...... It would be good to see a drag style race between a mapped and unmapped 8v 2.0 tdi maybe.

Sean

Yup, I live in Nottingham too, and went down the A46 both yesterday and today, though it was quiet enough. Just stuck the ACC on *ahem* 70 and sat back :D

Bit off topic but the new a46 from notts to newark is a pretty good road say at 2am when it's empty and thank god no cameras as of yet :) as I wouldn't want to get caught doing 71mph or 72 mph when I feel like being a rebel

Reactions: cemerson
I can spin the wheels by accident in slight damp conditions so with a remap I bet you can't even put the extra power down properly!
if you wanted extra power you should buy the 184ps Quattro
Yes, that was my thinking too - which is how I ended up with a 184 quattro. If a remap becomes available - at a sensible price - I'll be interested :)

Reactions: s33nyboy12
Yes, that was my thinking too - which is how I ended up with a 184 quattro. If a remap becomes available - at a sensible price - I'll be interested :)

If a 184 was available when I bought mine in March I would have bought one.
Not everyone wants or can afford two cars so I'll stick with a best of both worlds remapped diesel, I'm slightly too long in the tooth to try racing expensive petrol sports cars but a 200bhp diesel with over 300lb/ft that can take a Type R or Cooper S is plenty sufficient. I won't settle for stock power when I've remapped a series of diesels and had the fun factor put back on my face whilst putting hardly any fuel in it. My Fireblade enjoys M3's mind and only cost me 3k!

When remapping your car the torque increases and so does the RPM where all the power comes in. Me personally I like the torque where it is, if it was possible to remap the engine and having the values start at the current settings ie to rue starting at 1750 before remap and torque starting at 1950 after remap makes the car dead at lower RPM then hits the wheel spinning RPM, I think the 150 HP and torque fits the car well as you can hit the throttle pedal without spinning out the tubes

When remapping your car the torque increases and so does the RPM where all the power comes in. Me personally I like the torque where it is, if it was possible to remap the engine and having the values start at the current settings ie to rue starting at 1750 before remap and torque starting at 1950 after remap makes the car dead at lower RPM then hits the wheel spinning RPM, I think the 150 HP and torque fits the car well as you can hit the throttle pedal without spinning out the tubes

??? The torque on a remapped diesel comes in much earlier and MUCH bigger! Have a look at before and after maps and you'll see! Blimey if it did anything detrimental to my torque I would steer well clear!

I agree there, I think doug has never experienced a remap before. Also diesels are torque limited in 1st and 2nd gears otherwise you'd knacker the dmf is seconds...

I'm being told development on the software to crack the new ECU's for engine remaps is almost complete and they are expecting a release in March/April.

Hope its true as it can't come soon enough, almost taken mine back to Audi to part exchanged for an A4 3.0 Tdi 245!

I'm being told development on the software to crack the new ECU's for engine remaps is almost complete and they are expecting a release in March/April.

Hope its true as it can't come soon enough, almost taken mine back to Audi to part exchanged for an A4 3.0 Tdi 245!

Why wait for a solution that could well cause you warranty issues,

200ps and 445nm

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=208744

Why wait for a solution that could well cause you warranty issues,

200ps and 445nm

2014 2.0 TDI 150 PS Dyno Results

Ive never had issues with a professional remap done on the rollers by a company I trust. I'd far rather the ECU was reprogrammed at source than the signals altered by a plug in box. Bizarrely given the price of your box a professional remap on the rollers is actually cheaper! I've had a string of remapped cars and never had any issues with any of them. Audi have already told me that I can remap and the only thing they won't stand by on the warranty is ECU issues so more than happy to get it remapped, worst case (that I can't see happening) is P-Torque will flash the old map back but again I really can't see this happening.

Ive never had issues with a professional remap done on the rollers by a company I trust. I'd far rather the ECU was reprogrammed at source than the signals altered by a plug in box. Bizarrely given the price of your box a professional remap on the rollers is actually cheaper! I've had a string of remapped cars and never had any issues with any of them. Audi have already told me that I can remap and the only thing they won't stand by on the warranty is ECU issues so more than happy to get it remapped, worst case (that I can't see happening) is P-Torque will flash the old map back but again I really can't see this happening.

Are P-Torque offering anything yet. When I spoke to Will around New Year he said they hoped to having something available soon. The only "remaps" that I know of that are available at the moment are from two German tuning companies MTM and ABT and in both case they actually replace the complete ECU with one of their own because of the problems with the anti-tamper software in the current Bosch EDC17C64 used by Audi on the A3. The cost in both cases is around €1200.

Are P-Torque offering anything yet. When I spoke to Will around New Year he said they hoped to having something available soon. The only "remaps" that I know of that are available at the moment are from two German tuning companies MTM and ABT and in both case they actually replace the complete ECU with one of their own because of the problems with the anti-tamper software in the current Bosch EDC17C64 used by Audi on the A3. The cost in both cases is around €1200.

Spoke to Will on Thursday and he has been told to expect something in March!! :)