New 1.5 TFSI engine replacing 1.4 TFSI WK22

Government wants all fleet drivers is 1 litre hair dryers. Getting to the stage where the company car is no longer a perk and more of a hindrance IMO. Pretty sure this will be the last I get and after that I am buying my own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I thought re the company car element.....but with CO2 gm going up on a new engine?? Isn't the drive for car manufacturers to bring the CO2 element down globally?!
It certainly has been , but you can only stretch the rules of physics so far.

It didn't take a genius to realise that VW was claiming the worlds biggest free lunch by punting out lorryloads of oil burners that made lots of power with miraculous low levels of emissions and for such low fuel use . What's surprising is that it took so long for anyone to say "hang on a minute, that's actually impossible!" and ask them to account for this miraculous achievement.

Now they're being scrutinised like never before, and having to claim more realistic levels. Even so, If anyone actually achieves the claimed 118g/km from the new engine I'll happily eat my hat.

As for the 1.0l? I drove one to the midlands and back a few weeks ago, mounted in a ****** great Skoda Octavia. We were 3 up, in a hurry and cruising at - ahem - motorway-ish speeds, it never once felt underpowered and had plenty of go. I just assumed it was a 1.8 or 2.0l lump under there, and never even thought to question what was doing all the work under the bonnet until a) we all noticed the dash reading 50+mpg, despite the high speeds, and b) we noticed the very pleasing noises it made when you gave it the beans. We were all genuinely shocked when we popped the bonnet to find this diminutive three pot sitting there. It's a very capable little engine, with plenty of torque. If only VAG would bolt to together to make a 2.0 biturbo V6...

IMG 4216

Reactions: AndrewB
Bearing in mind all car prices went up on the 1/4/17, The difference in cost between the 1.4 and 1.5 TSI is £400.

Personally I think the the PHEV cars are more aimed at the high mileage company car buyers. I don't think many private car owners could, or would want to justify the costs of the batteries etc.

From what I've read the 1.5 gives the low down torque of a diesel engine with non of the nasty NOx. A time will come when they perfect the fuel ignition to achieve 100% efficiency and the CO2 emission cannot go any lower.

I recently ordered a sportback 1.4tfsi sport, only to find out 4 days later the engine had been replaced with the 1.5. Called up and got the order changed, however just found out that parking sensors and auto dimming mirror are now both standards... both of which I had previously paid for last week. It has also put back the delivery date by 4 weeks!

Wish I got a 1.5

Imagine like for like economy figures but that .1 takes it above the 1400 threshold so I'd get 14p/mile (what it costs me) for petrol instead of 11p/mile.

I recently ordered a sportback 1.4tfsi sport, only to find out 4 days later the engine had been replaced with the 1.5. Called up and got the order changed, however just found out that parking sensors and auto dimming mirror are now both standards... both of which I had previously paid for last week. It has also put back the delivery date by 4 weeks!
What did you change it to? Also why?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wish I got a 1.5

Imagine like for like economy figures but that .1 takes it above the 1400 threshold so I'd get 14p/mile (what it costs me) for petrol instead of 11p/mile.
Am I being silly? How do you know this?

Wish I got a 1.5

I am the other way round. My company claims from me the private miles so glad I am getting a 1.4. Hopefully as I don't know when it is being delivered. Knowing my luck a 1.5 will turn up

When did you order? It sounds like they pushed your build slot into the new manufacturing year.

I ordered 3rd week April and have a week 22 (last week of May) build slot. The dealer is expecting the car early July. I have also been changed to the 1.5.

What did you change it to? Also why?

Originally I ordered the 1.4 the week of the 24th April, then changed it to the 1.5 this week with the delivery expected now at the end of august rather than mid-July. Having paid for the sensors and mirror on the original order they are now saying the cost of the new car is the same even though these come as standard rather than an optional costly extra.

Last edited:
So if my build actually happens as stated I ordered after you but will get the car before. I'd love somebody who works Audi planning to join the forum so they could explain the logic of how the factory is planned. The mirrors and parking sensors may well be 'free' now but the base spec of car increased by £400 when they start the new manufacturing year.

So if my build actually happens as stated I ordered after you but will get the car before. I'd love somebody who works Audi planning to join the forum so they could explain the logic of how the factory is planned. The mirrors and parking sensors may well be 'free' now but the base spec of car increased by £400 when they start the new manufacturing year.

Like you say where is the logic in that! I've ordered the sportback so I don't know if that may potentially have caused the delay?

The trouble would be that all the information would be in German as all the production planning for the A3 models is done in the plant at Ingolstadt. Availability of components is normally the reason why build dates change.

Like you say where is the logic in that! I've ordered the sportback so I don't know if that may potentially have caused the delay?

I'm the same, sportback with a manual box. Ive added options

Tech pack advanced
Folding mirrors
Park assist
Adaptive cruise control
Audi sound
Nano Grey

Changing the subject, are you able to track your order yet? I have a confirmed order number but myaudi doesn't recognise it. Audi Bolton believe its because even though I been allocated a build week, the slot hasn't been confirmed. Starting to slightly doubt early July delivery......

Last edited:
I'm the same, sportback with a manual box. Ive added options

Tech pack advanced
Folding mirrors
Park assist
Adaptive cruise control
Audi sound
Nano Grey

Changing the subject, are you able to track your order yet? I have a confirmed order number but myaudi doesn't recognise it. Audi Bolton believe its because even though I been allocated a build week, the slot hasn't been confirmed. Starting to slightly doubt early July delivery......

I haven't been given an order number yet... Hoping that doesn't mean it's yet to be ordered!

Mines arriving week 24 at the dealer. I think that means built week 21 so should hopefully be a 1.4. Goody gum drops !

Company cars make very little sense now unless you're prepared to drive a diesel shopping trolley.

I'm opting out this year after 20 years of them and looking at an S3. It's so liberating to be able to choose a car based on something other than how much CO2 it chucks out. The irony is I can lease an S3 for about the same as my current car (sig) is costing!

I haven't been given an order number yet... Hoping that doesn't mean it's yet to be ordered!

Chase your dealer they should have it. Mines at 8 digit number starting with 2. I had to set the ordering company as Audi and use the dealer postcode to get the tracker to recognise my order.

Until a few days ago my order number showed as received at Ingolstadt. At the moment the order tracker is down but I'm hoping when its active again it will show my build has started, its due to start this coming week

I managed to track my order yesterday and its currently showing build week33 mid August. This contradicts what Bolton Audi told me but Im inclined to believe this date rather the dealers.

Anybody else waiting for the 1.5 tsi, do you have build week yet?.

I managed to track my order yesterday and its currently showing build week33 mid August. This contradicts what Bolton Audi told me but Im inclined to believe this date rather the dealers.

Anybody else waiting for the 1.5 tsi, do you have build week yet?.

I ordered my A3 1.4 TFSI S-Line Sportback at end of Feb and after quite a few changes of BW, I now have 19 June (BW 25?) for a 1.5 TFSI. Hoping that will be the confirmed date.

I ordered my A3 1.4 TFSI S-Line Sportback at end of Feb and after quite a few changes of BW, I now have 19 June (BW 25?) for a 1.5 TFSI. Hoping that will be the confirmed date.

I would say that build week is fixed now as Audi tend to give their suppliers rolling 4 weeks firm demand. They need to ensure all the bits needed for your car are at the factory before production starts.

Your Feb to June and my April to August are similar time frames which leads me think I wont get lucky and get my car any earlier.

I would say that build week is fixed now as Audi tend to give their suppliers rolling 4 weeks firm demand. They need to ensure all the bits needed for your car are at the factory before production starts.

Your Feb to June and my April to August are similar time frames which leads me think I wont get lucky and get my car any earlier.

Just spoke to Customer Service via Live Chat and they say that BW is not yet confirmed which is a bit surprising as we are under 3 weeks from estimated BW. Also, they are unable to say when Tracker will be available again.

Just spoke to Customer Service via Live Chat and they say that BW is not yet confirmed which is a bit surprising as we are under 3 weeks from estimated BW. Also, they are unable to say when Tracker will be available again.

There is another way to access the tracker:

1) Login into my audi via www.audi.co.uk.
2) Rather than clicking tracking my order that gives you the message the site is down for maintenance copy the following link into the address bar of your browser. Add your 8 digit number in place of <yourordernumberhere>

https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/<yourordeenumberhere>

You get a very long text string. Right at the top is your order status which is likely be "10"
If you scroll to the bottom it should give you your current build week.

This is mine currently ,"buildWeek":"201733","firstDayOfBuildWeek":"2017-08-14T00:00:00+0100","

There is another way to access the tracker:

1) Login into my audi via www.audi.co.uk.
2) Rather than clicking tracking my order that gives you the message the site is down for maintenance copy the following link into the address bar of your browser. Add your 8 digit number in place of <yourordernumberhere>

https://www.audi.co.uk/myaudi-public-api/services/v1/orders/<yourordeenumberhere>

You get a very long text string. Right at the top is your order status which is likely be "10"
If you scroll to the bottom it should give you your current build week.

This is mine currently ,"buildWeek":"201733","firstDayOfBuildWeek":"2017-08-14T00:00:00+0100","

Thanks Chris, I tried that over the weekend and it kept giving an error message. Just tried it today and it worked!

I ordered mine at the start of May and was told yesterday that it looks to be a build week of week 25, however this is subject to change. I am hoping it is this as my original order form says the 31st August even though I was told originally July when purchasing the car.

Has anyone got a 1.5 yet??

Has anyone got a 1.5 yet??

My 1.5 may be on the Makassar Highway heading to Sheerness tonight. Hopefully, tracker will update tonight.

Reactions: KenL and Mark Anthony
Let me know when it arrives. I want a verdict! I'm in build next week. When was your build week?

Im interested in your view of the 1.5 as well. My build starts 24.7.17 according to my Audi. Looking at the track my order thread it seems build actually starts the week before and the car is actually in QC when the tracker updates to build in progress.

Im interested in your view of the 1.5 as well. My build starts 24.7.17 according to my Audi. Looking at the track my order thread it seems build actually starts the week before and the car is actually in QC when the tracker updates to build in progress.
That ties in with my timeline. BW 25, in QC 0n 19th, left factory on 23 June, currently in port. Audi Live Chat suggest another week at Emden, then about a week to get to dealer. By that time I will moved 370 miles from my dealer, but they have agreed to deliver via trailer to new address. You may get yours before me!