Never buying Aldi milk again...

psychopomp1

Reaction score
Did some shopping at Aldi this afternoon including buying a couple of 2L milk bottles. The plastic bottles looked secure (weren't wet at all) and put them in the boot of my Avant along with rest of the shopping. When I got home and opened the boot......

Luckily the heavy duty boot mat did its job, it kept the other boot surfaces dry but I shudder to think the mess this would have caused had I not had this mat fitted. Anyway lesson learnt: I WILL NEVER BUY ALDI MILK AGAIN...NO MATTER HOW CHEAP IT IS LOL

Reactions: NevMan, Sandra and Thundercliffe81
It's a pig to get the smell of milk out too, I've had a couple before now that I've dropped from not much height and pretty much exploded but they weren't from Aldi. We did get a bottle of manky fake advocaat from there though.

Reactions: NevMan and Sandra
Did some shopping at Aldi this afternoon including buying a couple of 2L milk bottles. The plastic bottles looked secure (weren't wet at all) and put them in the boot of my Avant along with rest of the shopping. When I got home and opened the boot......

Luckily the heavy duty boot mat did its job, it kept the other boot surfaces dry but I shudder to think the mess this would have caused had I not had this mat fitted. Anyway lesson learnt: I WILL NEVER BUY ALDI MILK AGAIN...NO MATTER HOW CHEAP IT IS LOL
Lucky .... but it does look like a piano

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: pierreluigi88, DangerS3, NevMan and 4 others
I hang our milk from the bag handles (saloon) and they have yet to bounce off - including Aldi milk! Storage pack ftw!

Reactions: Sandra
Don't cry over spilt milk.... :laughing:

Reactions: DangerS3, NevMan, Sandra and 3 others
As above , don't cry and time to get the oil extractor out or invite the neighbourhoods cats into the boot by leaving a trail of Dreamies or Milky treats .

Reactions: Sandra

Oh dear, maybe next time you could put your milk in the net at the side. Oh and buy some decent milk in a decent carton next time. I recommend Cravendale (blue top) yes that’s the full fat/cream version, but it’s good date on it and a strong carton. Lol

Reactions: desertstorm and NevMan
Another vote for blue top, much more nutritious. As for the leakage problem the optional load area fixing kit is great for securing bottles and other groceries from being flung around the boot, but then your heavy duty boot mat wouldn't fit. You could try Waitrose DUCHY milk: part of the premium you pay would be for the confidence that the top is secure. The lid is so securely glued on that you will need a knife to get at it.
WP 20180524 07 12 48 Pro 2

Reactions: Sandra and tickedon
Oh dear, maybe next time you could put your milk in the net at the side. Oh and buy some decent milk in a decent carton next time. I recommend Cravendale (blue top) yes that’s the full fat/cream version, but it’s good date on it and a strong carton. Lol

Mmm storage net, just emailed my dealer to see if I can add the storage pack to my order. Wouldn't want to have to clean this myself.

Reactions: Sandra and NevMan