Vorsprung durch Technik
Dashcam footage of the deer I hit.
£3k damage. Should be fixed in a week, and then will recoat new bumper and trim

dc712f4cd40295e1892494db8dacebc4.jpg
b006b3dbad6fafad9800745cd0d5b61a.jpg
b7bf7af28a06ffa55cc645051a6163f7.jpg
b9efb5021599db0ae5f0d3167882a6d0.jpg
c550fd0c9f0bfd5c43cbfce781508084.jpg
:fearscream: WTF! Wow, that must of been heart stopping. Was there two on the road?

Will it be 3k out of your pocket, or you going through insurance. Sorry to hear, but hopeful;y you get it all sorted soon.

NevMan

Well known member
:fearscream: WTF! Wow, that must of been heart stopping. Was there two on the road?

Will it be 3k out of your pocket, or you going through insurance. Sorry to hear, but hopeful;y you get it all sorted soon.
Yes, there were two, and as there was oncoming car, no option to swerve unless I put it in the ditch!

Going through insurance, so paying the excess only

NevMan

Well known member

Adam14

Hopefully that gets sorted! Those deer appeared out of nowhere! Glad you're ok

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Dashcam footage of the deer I hit.
£3k damage. Should be fixed in a week, and then will recoat new bumper and trim

dc712f4cd40295e1892494db8dacebc4.jpg
b006b3dbad6fafad9800745cd0d5b61a.jpg
b7bf7af28a06ffa55cc645051a6163f7.jpg
b9efb5021599db0ae5f0d3167882a6d0.jpg
c550fd0c9f0bfd5c43cbfce781508084.jpg
..:puke2: bad luck indeed mate,no better type of car than a large SUV to clout a Deer..out safe as house you'd be and £3k worth of damage most of that'll be for jumped up body shop rates...speedy in its repair hopefully for ya....

BarryG79

Bet that was scary!
At least it’s just the car that’s hurt.
Need to invest in a deer whistle, can’t comment if the work or not but a mate has been fitting them for years.

Seven Sparta Deer Whistles for Car & Motorcycles Save a Deer Warning Devices (4pcs)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryG79

..:puke2: bad luck indeed mate,no better type of car than a large SUV to clout a Deer..out safe as house you'd be and £3k worth of damage most of that'll be for jumped up body shop rates...speedy in its repair hopefully for ya....

Need to ask your son if he seen my dads 430 Gran Coupe in the bodyshop/workshop at Parks? Had in the region of £20k worth of work in the last month!
High pressure fuel pump failure which sent metal through the full fuel system while driving in Italy. Transported back to uk by BMW then new fuel tank, fuel lines, injectors etc warranty cost £9k which doesn’t include shipping car back, flights and hire cars.

On top of that it was in the bodyshop after getting caught in a hailstorm while in Italy and getting rear ended. Looked like someone had taken a hammer over the whole car. So new bonnet, roof, windscreen, bumper, dents on top of doors and wings repaired and a full respray £11k. Due to be ready for next week, already been into the showroom as it’s going ASAP not been much of a lucky car lol.

6f1d78ca2b0e2e60495283fd24c2e233.jpg
2d5b1156993bedc4a34afbafd027cf23.jpg
b14e178c390247ed17ea9c04b7f2705d.jpg
8a3060efc1e0b6faba88c628a9031d47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Bummer mate real bad luck for yer father l will ask Jordan

NevMan

Well known member

Yep, didn’t even feel the poor fella (or lass) Just hoping they do a proper job, or will be doing it again! The insurance were really trying to get me to go to approved. I asked if they were BMW approved..No. no thanks! No loan car then sir...no problem. W*nkers!

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Yep, didn’t even feel the poor fella (or lass) Just hoping they do a proper job, or will be doing it again! The insurance were really trying to get me to go to approved. I asked if they were BMW approved..No. no thanks! No loan car then sir...no problem. W*nkers!

Your insurance wont be with them next year then mate and rightly so

NevMan

Well known member
M40i off to PCWMods on Saturday for a little backbox mod, to address the OPF muting.

ASD turned off via BimmerCode in advance.

I will post vid when done

Adam14

M40i off to PCWMods on Saturday for a little backbox mod, to address the OPF muting.

ASD turned off via BimmerCode in advance.

I will post vid when done
Paul is great! Done my S5 back in September for me and sounds great!

NevMan

Well known member
Paul is great! Done my S5 back in September for me and sounds great!

Yes, followed his work for sometime, looking forward to it :icon thumright:

NevMan

Well known member
Proper video will follow at some point.

Very pleased. Quiet in Comfort and sounds like the sports exhaust should have from factory in sports. No drone

Scotty75

Silver Supporter
Proper video will follow at some point.

Very pleased. Quiet in Comfort and sounds like the sports exhaust should have from factory in sports. No drone

Nev, that is sounding very good .Muffler delete ? What did that set you back ? Big improvement

NevMan

Well known member
Nev, that is sounding very good .Muffler delete ? What did that set you back ? Big improvement

Hi scotty. No back box mod, so no delete. Basically pail takes the exhaust off, cuts two square holes on top of back box and mods the inside, welds it all up, and then Puts it back on and all looks standard. Less than £300 bangers

NevMan

Well known member
The eagle-eyed amongst you (ok all of you!) will notice the thread name change now. Thanks Col

NevMan

Well known member
A little vid created by my son in the different modes:

NevMan

Well known member
Spent a good hour cleaning and sealing leather seats, steering wheel and door cards yesterday.

Used Valet Pro leather soap with upholstery brush, and a couple m/f cloths to wipe off. Working small areas at a time. I love this shampoo as it cleans very well, and just as importantly maintains the OEM matte finish to the leather.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/valet-pro-leather-soap

After working around the whole car, used Colourlock leather shield to protect the leather from colour transfer. Applying with a clean m/f and just wiping on and allowing to dry.

https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/products/colourlock-leather-shield-150ml

498809ba70baa4ec80fcde1bcdf71269.jpg
27aa11d0571dbbb6b895328af7fae78e.jpg

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Spent a good hour cleaning and sealing leather seats, steering wheel and door cards yesterday.

Used Valet Pro leather soap with upholstery brush, and a couple m/f cloths to wipe off. Working small areas at a time. I love this shampoo as it cleans very well, and just as importantly maintains the OEM matte finish to the leather.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/valet-pro-leather-soap

After working around the whole car, used Colourlock leather shield to protect the leather from colour transfer. Applying with a clean m/f and just wiping on and allowing to dry.

https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/products/colourlock-leather-shield-150ml

498809ba70baa4ec80fcde1bcdf71269.jpg
27aa11d0571dbbb6b895328af7fae78e.jpg
@X3man - Looks fab Nev :thumbs up:
Going to try & get mine in the next couple of days

SPIKE_

Vorsprung durch Technik
@NevMan have your moved the X3 on then? What are your plans next?

NevMan

Well known member
@NevMan have your moved the X3 on then? What are your plans next?

Hi @SPIKE_JCW. I did, as we have been doing a major renovation with new kitchen, bathroom, study etc etc, so X3 went. Due to lockdown for the last year have just got the 2020 Cooper S for now. Will see how the rest of the year pans out (if I can hold out )

SPIKE_

Vorsprung durch Technik
Hi @SPIKE_JCW. I did, as we have been doing a major renovation with new kitchen, bathroom, study etc etc, so X3 went. Due to lockdown for the last year have just got the 2020 Cooper S for now. Will see how the rest of the year pans out (if I can hold out )
Hope all goes well with the renovation works, and you don’t get a dodgy builder! MINI’s are such a cracking drivers car, so I’m sure you’ll get by with it until you get a new one lined up.

A4A4

Owner of a Shiny Daytona
Was wondering why you gone 'dark' all of a sudden @NevMan

Someone has taken over a well looked after X3!

I bet you got loads of time on your hands now your not cleaning the beast.

Sure you will have a 'new model' soon...to devote your detailing time too.

NevMan

Well known member
Was wondering why you gone 'dark' all of a sudden @NevMan

Someone has taken over a well looked after X3!

I bet you got loads of time on your hands now your not cleaning the beast.

Sure you will have a 'new model' soon...to devote your detailing time too.

Haha, still been around but agree not as active. The Cooper S is a lot easier to maintain tbf

NevMan

Well known member
Hope all goes well with the renovation works, and you don’t get a dodgy builder! MINI’s are such a cracking drivers car, so I’m sure you’ll get by with it until you get a new one lined up.

Work just coming to an end this week, builders have been brilliant, but scope creep (our fault) means costs have shall we say climbed a fair amount

NevMan

Well known member
Love the mini, and the JCW before it was also a belter

f4abd322c3e7bf030ae0a6a783f38d8d.jpg

384ebf94ad3e409d9583a30c3a7533bf.jpg