Nervous breakdown time.. cement splashes

larry1

Reaction score
Website
www.jmcrallysport.com
My 2003 BLACK A4 AVANT got splashed with cement somewhere during the week. Cement splashes everywhere! I didnt get the chance to clean at the time. spent 2 hours scratching it off today as carefully as possible but my paintwork is fcuked.. can't believe it. Tried some T cut but it only took the edge of the scratches. Please tell me I dont re a respray job.. help me please

i deliver concrete for a living, what i use on my mixer truck is hydrochloric acid which pulls it off straight away but it makes the paintwork really dull after many uses. NEVER scratch it off!

fukt .........paintjob. my van got splatted last year, thought it would knock off. similiar to a leach. nah nah took the paint with it...... so i smashed windows on jcb at weekend, monday it got fixed, did it again following weekend, ******* !

you can soak the splashes with hot water/shampoo, and keep soaking them, not letting them dry, the cement will go softer and can can be removed by very gentle rubbing, it may still leave some faint mark but they can be polished out

the other way is to us a jet wash, preferably one with an oscilatting spray and start with jet away from the car slowly moving in until they lift and so not risking paint to much, again then just polish

Coca Cola contains phosphoric acid which when applied to cement will break it down and make it easier for it to come off, just wash the coke off fully when the cement is off.

This works on clothes also!

Small amounts of cement (now turned to concrete) will dry up and I imagine will fall off over time with some help from some of the methods mentioned.

Is it noticeable? If not I'd be inclined to leave it alone as removing it could make it worse.

If it were me I'd take the car to a good trusted preferably recomended paint shop (don't panic, not for a respray) and ask them for advice. They have all kinds of clever paint finishers and tools, much better than T-Cut so they should be able to help. It may cost 60-100 to have them buff the car up but it'll be worth it! You could try stuff like rubbing compound or various grades of G fluid but your more likely to do harm than good, a paint finisher will know how far he can go with the laquer before its knackered. I guess worts case would be to have the car re-laqured cheaper than a respray!