Needing a TURBO... (i'm a newie)

SOULdOUT

Reaction score
Evening
New to Audi-sport.net.. Need some help already!..

I ****** the engine on my '98 A6 1.8T, have organised a garage to sort the engine with a recon unit... they have advised me that the bill currently stands at £1500, around 800 is the engine, 250 a surcharge for mine being too bad to rebuild, extra for a new camshaft as they cant reuse my old one to sell again, a pulley tensioner kit, 78 being the oil feeder for the turbo.... plus the vat.

I need a new turbo on it to finish the process, quotes are coming up at around 480+vat for a new unit...

Can anyone recommend a unit, and or a retailer for this..????

Its an AEB engine code..

incase your wondering, Apparently the turbo feeder blocked, causing the oil pump to go , causing the head to fry...

Many thanks,

Dom
DSCF0002.jpg

Dummi, cheers for the options

MRC have nothing on the shelf, so would have to source one in...

Jabba would buy new so nothing there either....

Rev- Head, the http://cgi.ebay.de/Turbolader-KKK-1-8-Tu...1QQcmdZview item looks good but the part no. doesnt list with AUDI uk, it should be 058 145 703 L, but this seller is 078 145 703 L, So ive emailed asking for them to check it...

cheers for the help so far.!..

More ideas needed, before i pay 463+Vat at turbo technics...

becareful with 2nd hand turbos you should always have them opened and checked they're usually well used, £30 usually for checking over , and £200 is normal for reconditioning a turbo providing they didn't find anything seriously wrong, if they do its a lot more expensive

£463+vat doesn't sound that bad for a good turbo with warantee