NEED URGENT HELP PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GUYS!!!!!!

marnie2k

Reaction score
hello guys i need some help badly please :( i have just bought a hid kit from my local euro car parts ( 8000k bulbs and ballast kit ) i installed them correctly as i have fitted these before to other cars in the past. now for some reason when i turn the ignition on ( not start ) they work fine on headlights and auto headlights... but when i start the car they go off as if they are faulty and in the DIS it flashes with the bulb light? now i needed to go out tonight in my car but i cant as i have noe headlights :/ please someonee shine some light on what to do thanks ( oh by the way ... my car is a 2005 55 reg audi a3 2.0 tdi dsg s line ) thanks

hello guys i need some help badly please :( i have just bought a hid kit from my local euro car parts ( 8000k bulbs and ballast kit ) i installed them correctly as i have fitted these before to other cars in the past. now for some reason when i turn the ignition on ( not start ) they work fine on headlights and auto headlights... but when i start the car they go off as if they are faulty and in the DIS it flashes with the bulb light? now i needed to go out tonight in my car but i cant as i have noe headlights :/ please someonee shine some light on what to do thanks ( oh by the way ... my car is a 2005 55 reg audi a3 2.0 tdi dsg s line ) thanks

You need resistors/diodes/relay to cancel the DIS error out

Something like this:

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/special-wiring-relay-harness.html

or you can get it from maplins:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=37526&doy=1m1

Here's a diagram to wire it all up:

8giajaw.jpg

you will probably also need to code the car to tell the central electronics module that xenons are fitted or it will see a fault & turn the power off to the lights.

Using that set up above with the relay the best thing would be to leave the headlight coding as it is as you don't have OEM Xenons.

You then may need to fool the bulb check using resistors, however the resistance in the relay may be sufficient to fool the Central Electrics module into seeing a working bulb.

That module posted above should be enough to fool the bulb test.

Don't forget though that you run the risk of blowing the wiper motor with aftermarket HID conversions. I would recommend that you do a search on the forum on the subject

Paul

Last edited: