Need to vent!!!!

OVRA3

Reaction score
Came back to the car park to find this.... No number and no note on my car.. Car park are going through CCTV but don't hold much hope.. Worth claiming or just paying myself to get it done...??

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398804634089831ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398804643877505ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398804651091222

Going to be hard to match the paint I think on Akoya been here before

Good god don't claim for that, your excess will be higher than the repair costs!! I've got a similar mark on my S3 bumper and wing, I'm having it repaired by my local lookers branch for £210 inc VAT on thursday. Its a smart type of repair but he's not mobile. Matching paint? C'mon anyone can match up paint if they have the paint code!

Don't worry about it, go to a few places and get a range of quotes and decide whats best for you! As a general rule to paint one panel most body shops charge between £120-£160 per panel inc VAT.. unless you go to audi and its going to be a lot, lot more!

Gutted for u m8 probably a full bumper respray around the £300 mark depends on your excess

U could try chips away maybe cheaper but like u say its getting the colour match

They won't take the job on if they can't match it, if your going to go for a smart repair, go to one that works for a big company like I'm doing, the works much better, plus don't be put off by them, the laquers they use now aren't what they used to be, they use the same 2 pack that a body shop does! It won't be £300 to spray the bumper, even a body shop will blow in the affected area!

Reactions: OVRA3
Excess is 250 then the premium hike :-( idiots i just know my car and as the paint is not like a new car I know matching is awful full bumper respray will look **** unless it's blended into the quarters

They won't take the job on if they can't match it, if your going to go for a smart repair, go to one that works for a big company like I'm doing, the works much better, plus don't be put off by them, the laquers they use now aren't what they used to be, they use the same 2 pack that a body shop does! It won't be £300 to spray the bumper, even a body shop will blow in the affected area!

Love a blow in! You are right might try chipsaway can't hurt to quote see how confident they are

Honestly mate, a smart repair from a reputable company. It will be fine, they do the job day in day out, i was sceptical but the cost outweighs it for me!

Honestly mate, a smart repair from a reputable company. It will be fine, they do the job day in day out, i was sceptical but the cost outweighs it for me!

Have you had it done yet? I have heard good things as well to be fair.

ImageThe pics come out upside down but you see the damage, the lookers fella quoted £210 to do the bumper and the chip on the wing, the wing he's blowing in all the way across and not around it (because that will look s**t) The set price for the bumper was £80 + VAT and 95 + VAT for the wing :) Its going in on thursday so ill report back.

As a guide the audi approved body shop quoted £445 with a smart repair on the bumper £600 ish without a smart repair and a even more with the courtesy car etc!!

Indy bodyshop was £300 to blow the bumper in and repaint the wing..

Cringe at the damage.. Sounds good just chatting to a guy on Facebook who said it doesn't look like a an issue said he's a perfectionist and again won't go edge to edge will just blend quoted 95 quid asked him for some pics of work he's done so awaiting those will see

Cringe at the damage.. Sounds good just chatting to a guy on Facebook who said it doesn't look like a an issue said he's a perfectionist and again won't go edge to edge will just blend quoted 95 quid asked him for some pics of work he's done so awaiting those will see
Sounds good mate, if you where closer id give you this guys number but I'm near chester! You'll get it sorted! s**t happens unfortunately but at least it can be repaired easily and cheaply! These guys see this type of damage day in day out, i phoned the fella today to book in and said is it gonna look okay he said of course, we have bigger jobs in today than yours so don't sweat it will be fine! haha

Perfect id imagine he blew the whole quarter panel in too! I'll
Let you know how mine looks tomorrow!

Mines booked for tomorrow so lets compare :)

Reactions: Dave-S3