Need these firmwares

Hi again, sorry to be a hazzle. But the link is just empty for me. I can see there is supposed to be an 8GB file, but I cant see it, and when I press info, I says that readers cannot download. Could you provide a link for somewhere else? And again sorry if it is just me who is stupid :(
try now

regards
Slapz

Reactions: Aleggo
try now

regards
Slapz

It works now, thank you. I read your description, but should I just add everything to the sd card, when I unpack? Or should I only take the folders and files in folder 1 and 2 and add those?

It works now, thank you. I read your description, but should I just add everything to the sd card, when I unpack? Or should I only take the fold
its been a while since i did mine but clear instructions are in there, it was very easy

Just a word of caution as I looked into this a while ago with my 2015 c7 which has the same hardware. There’s was a point the hardware was revised between 2015/16 the later hardware supported CarPlay/aa and earlier ones didn’t.
this also looks like a hack of some sort as the CarPlay activation needs to be done via the Audi mothership and license is around £2-300.
you could risk bricking your MMI if the firmware isn’t compatible with your hardware cost of new MMI unit isn’t cheap.
Here's a YouTube on this with a link to the software. There's 474 comments on this and I'm not seeing anyone who's bricked their MMI, and there will be people who will try it, regardless of wrong software train.

If there was a hardware issue I'd expect it not to load the module, or for the feature simply not to work. There's a backup firmware in the files which can be used to retreat from the _K3663 back to K2589 on cars with older trains, then use the SVM, (software version management) code "MHI2ER2589" to pass this version. Apparently CarPlay and AA will still be there, you just have to activate them in Adaptations (VCD or OBD 11?) I'm guessing here as I recall seeing these bits in OBD11 when tinkering a few years ago trying to turn on Client WiFi to enable Google map overlays from my phone hotspot (my car has no Sim for data). I succeeded in turning on the overlay, but couldn't get the cars WiFi AP to work as a client to my phone. Then Google pulled the license anyway.
I'm going to give this a go, the ReadMe file says it's good to go straight to _K3663 for all ER_AUG11 and ER_AU57x onwards. My car is early 2015 A6 Quattro, it's MHI2_ER_AUG11_50024. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• ReadMe Custom FW update.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
update with pic evidence

i went from

View attachment 240311

TO
View attachment 240312

Its all been working beautifully just going to test out another map but this one has updated cameras and so on. if that map is better then i will make a combo of this firmware and that map. and upload to a google drive where people can download from.

Remember this firmware will take you from any bottom firmware all the way to the latest without doing it version by version. It also has the option to be used on basic as well as bose.
Hi @SlapNutz
I would appreciate if you will send me the link to download firmware and maps.
Thank you.

Never Mind once again, Awfully quiet in here with responses.

If you want something done do it yourself I guess....

I managed to acquire

Audi MHI2 ER AU57x K3663 MU1425-AIO

That bumped me up straight from s2519 to k3663 with the below features

Features:
1. All in one update from any ER_AUG11 or ER_AU57x FW directly to MHI2_ER_AU57x_K3663_1
2. GEM activation during installation
3. Patched IFS-Root installation (FEC & CP patch)
4. FecContainer adjustment with missing FECs (00040100, 00050000, 00070200, 00030000, 023000EE, 00060800, 00060900)
5. CarPlay and AA activation
6. GraceNote2 V17 installation
7. Fix for rear control head error after update from P0040 or older

Tested apple car play and worked perfectly. Also the update showed under version...Took about 50 mins to complete.

Now on to maps, got hold of V03959802TM 0192 ECE 2021/2022 maps with camera updates Europe MIB1 HI and MIB2 HI

Will update after installation.
Dude I am new to the forum but would very much like to get the k3663 firmware update. How can I reach out?

I installed this on a January 2015 A6 with Nav high, probably the earliest version of MHi2 it was possible to have, but FW was on the accepted list, AUG11.

I also updated the cars own maps,

I had problems using an old 32GB SD card, but once I bought a new 32GB MSD in an SD adapter it worked.

I have only two issues. One is that I can't use the car touchpad to scroll Google maps in AA. See this small video. It just zooms when I select the scroll icon.

Also, I have a change in the way I can set the rear AC from the front, using "Car menu / A/C / Settings for Rear Cabin". The display now shows the rear settings as LOW all the time, but the rear temperatures are shown on the front AC unit LCDs for a time, and the front controls still change the rear. After a few seconds it times out and returns to the front settings. This change is OK by me. Sometimes grandchildren will set the rear to HIGH, 30c +, and later my back is baking as I drive, so I need to check the rear settings from the driver seat and adjust down.

Both these issues may be hardware differences from a 2015 car to the changed hardware in 2016. AUDI themselves will not do a Carplay/AA upgrade (for lots of £$€) for an A6 until 2017 model year. I'm curious if others are able to scroll the Google Map on AA, and select a destination this way. I can still do it using voice, or preloading a destination on my phone which appears in the destination list. I am searching for a way perhaps to make the touchpad correctly act as a scroll device, but its not critical. All other AA apps work, Spotify, Tune in radio, Whatsapp, etc.

Last edited:
Hello guys

been a while but I’m still around. Hope this has worked for the people who have tried it. Not sure if the link is still active. Was a upload to my Google drive. I can update link again if needed.
Warm regards
Slapz

Het Slapz,
Im super interested in the firmware update for my 2015 RS6. Tried downloading the file but once it reached 4GB it said "Couldnt download - No permissions". Tried it a few times on different SD cards up to 32GB but still no luck, same thing, stopped at 4GB. Not sure if there is some restriction in place but if you could update the link that would be great and worth a shot. Cheers Gav

Het Slapz,
Im super interested in the firmware update for my 2015 RS6. Tried downloading the file but once it reached 4GB it said "Couldnt download - No permissions". Tried it a few times on different SD cards up to 32GB but still no luck, same thing, stopped at 4GB. Not sure if there is some restriction in place but if you could update the link that would be great and worth a shot. Cheers Gav
Hi gav

are you downloading it to pc or directly to a memory card. As the 4gb issue seems it’s a fat 32 formatting of the memory card as that’s the max that’s supported. Try formatting the usb or memory card to ntfs, also download direct to pc or laptop and then copy files over to the memory stick?

any questions feel free. Happy to help.
Regards
Slapz

Hi gav

are you downloading it to pc or directly to a memory card. As the 4gb issue seems it’s a fat 32 formatting of the memory card as that’s the max that’s supported. Try formatting the usb or memory card to ntfs, also download direct to pc or laptop and then copy files over to the memory stick?

any questions feel free. Happy to help.
Regards
Slapz
Thanks Slapz,
Was just reading up on this and installed a program to do it. Now converted the SD card and started another download. Only at 2GB and its slower with ntfs, so Ive got my fingers crossed it goes past 4GB. Thanks for all your help. Cant wait to have car play. Still a few hurdles to go im sure but ill get there thanks to you and this forum.

Thanks Slapz,
Was just reading up on this and installed a program to do it. Now converted the SD card and started another download. Only at 2GB and its slower with ntfs, so Ive got my fingers crossed it goes past 4GB. Thanks for all your help. Cant wait to have car play. Still a few hurdles to go im sure but ill get there thanks to you and this forum.
No worries bud. I will keep an eye out on the thread. Gl

Regards
Slapz

Just went past 4GB so looks like Im in business. Im guessing I'll need to convert back to FAT32 when its downloaded so that it works in the car?

Just went past 4GB so looks like Im in business. Im guessing I'll need to convert back to FAT32 when its downloaded so that it works in the car?
I don’t think you need to. It should be fine.

Regard's
Slapz

Reactions: RAF_S7
I don’t think you need to. It should be fine.

Regard's
Slapz
Ok thanks. Wish me luck, but then again if things go wrong I will just have to listen to the exhaust rumble. Could be worse :cool:. My next job is to work out how to keep those exhaust flaps open when not in Dynamic mode. I just unplugged a wire in the boot of my old RS4 but the RS6 doesnt appear to be that simple.

Reactions: SlapNutz
Another hurdle, the car wont recognise the SD card. I have tried reformatting the SD to ntfs, then copying the update from my laptop (where I have now downloaded it), also tried a different higher speed SD card and a USB stick but still the car doesnt recognise any of them and SD1, SD2 and USB options in the menu all remain grey. Will keep trying other ways but if you have any ideas, awesome.

Thanks Slapz,

I downloaded the AIO from mib solutions almost without trying on my phone. I idly clicked the link on mr-fix YouTube tutorial, it sailed down onto phone memory ( while on wifi). I just plugged phone as USB storage into laptop and copied to PC, then to SD. Old 32MB SD card failed during install with a read error. New fast Micro SD in SD adapter worked perfectly. Card must be FAT32, and file list extracted to the root, not in a directory which some file compression software will create

Last edited:
I downloaded the AIO from mib solutions almost without trying on my phone. I idly clicked the link on mr-fix YouTube tutorial, it sailed down onto phone memory ( while on wifi). I just plugged phone as USB storage into laptop and copied to PC, then to SD. Old 32MB SD card failed during install with a read error. New fast Micro SD in SD adapter worked perfectly. Card must be FAT32, and file list extracted to the root, not in a directory which some file compression software will create
Thanks deezell, will try that as Im still stuck.

Hello guys

been a while but I’m still around. Hope this has worked for the people who have tried it. Not sure if the link is still active. Was a upload to my Google drive. I can update link again if needed.
Warm regards
Slapz
Hi Slapz!
>>where from can i download K3663 Aio Update? ...do you have a link or something?
i'm really into it.. and i have an A7 2015..
..thank you in advance
kind regards
John

Hi Slapz!
>>where from can i download K3663 Aio Update? ...do you have a link or something?
i'm really into it.. and i have an A7 2015..
..thank you in advance
kind regards
John
Download link in the notes.

Hello, new here and just after some help.

how do i know which firmware to update to?

I have a bose sound system (black edition A7 C7 Facelift)

I am based in UK/Europe.
I currently have Software Version: MHI2_ER_AUG11_P0040.
My current Maps Version is: V0395801F 0122 ECE 2015/2016.

I found this site: https://mibsolution.one/#/1
but too many downloads and not sure which one to do.
Thanks

Attachments

• thumbnail_image0.jpg
    thumbnail_image0.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 93
Link in post #64, three before yours. It's the AIO, all in one update. See readme regarding Bose, iirc you don't ugrade Bose module. Watch Mr fix tutorial in #63. Link for 2022 maps in the notes there, once you've done the AIO. Use 32GB sd cards, fast ones, or MSD with SD adapters. Some old SD cards won't read fast enough and will exit the update. Good luck.

Link in post #64, three before yours. It's the AIO, all in one update. See readme regarding Bose, iirc you don't ugrade Bose module. Watch Mr fix tutorial in #63. Link for 2022 maps in the notes there, once you've done the AIO. Use 32GB sd cards, fast ones, or MSD with SD adapters. Some old SD cards won't read fast enough and will exit the update. Good luck.
Thanks, will read on it.

Looks like if you do the BOSE update, according to a readme you posted, you need to reset parameters or something using VCP/ODIS, which I definitely do not have
access to, lol. So should be okay to not update the bose file?
"Use metainfo2-Bose-BO.txt - rename to metainfo2.txt - in folders /1 and /2 to enable BOSE/B&O update.
Only update Bose/B&O if you have VCP or ODIS to upload new parameters, else you will have no sound!"

Thanks

Thanks, will read on it.

Looks like if you do the BOSE update, according to a readme you posted, you need to reset parameters or something using VCP/ODIS, which I definitely do not have
access to, lol. So should be okay to not update the bose file?
"Use metainfo2-Bose-BO.txt - rename to metainfo2.txt - in folders /1 and /2 to enable BOSE/B&O update.
Only update Bose/B&O if you have VCP or ODIS to upload new parameters, else you will have no sound!"

Thanks
That's the one. Do exactly what it says on the tin, don't update and your original BOSE will be retained. Iirc, even with odis, you may need to find actual parameters elsewhere to install. Too risky, too many guys pleading for help on the blogs. I think AIO is setup to not change the Bose. Download, unzip, copy to SD root, and follow Mr. Fix. My only squeaky bum moment came at the very end, when it stalled on 99% on some module, I can't remember the filename but it was to do with radio. I had the choice to exit, retry or continue. I hit continue. Whatever it done, or undone, it finished, and I have AA, Google maps Spotify etc. I tried the same file again just to see, and it showed no modules available for update, happy days. Mine is a January 2015 A6, absolutely very first example of MHI2, and one that Audi won't do. There is a minor issue in that it doesn't see the scrollpad for scrolling maps, but you just type or voice a location. I installed the 2022 maps later, so I have both. Btw, I didn't reset my HDD as advised, on mr.fix. I didn't want to lose all my albums, didn't have the original mp3 files I loaded from, and backing up is not an option. It retained them without issue.

That's the one. Do exactly what it says on the tin, don't update and your original BOSE will be retained. Iirc, even with odis, you may need to find actual parameters elsewhere to install. Too risky, too many guys pleading for help on the blogs. I think AIO is setup to not change the Bose. Download, unzip, copy to SD root, and follow Mr. Fix. My only squeaky bum moment came at the very end, when it stalled on 99% on some module, I can't remember the filename but it was to do with radio. I had the choice to exit, retry or continue. I hit continue. Whatever it done, or undone, it finished, and I have AA, Google maps Spotify etc. I tried the same file again just to see, and it showed no modules available for update, happy days. Mine is a January 2015 A6, absolutely very first example of MHI2, and one that Audi won't do. There is a minor issue in that it doesn't see the scrollpad for scrolling maps, but you just type or voice a location. I installed the 2022 maps later, so I have both. Btw, I didn't reset my HDD as advised, on mr.fix. I didn't want to lose all my albums, didn't have the original mp3 files I loaded from, and backing up is not an option. It retained them without issue.
Thank you.

Just started the download now of the MIB file but it says 10 hours to download lol, on Ethernet.
Damn.

My first download attempt was a casual click on my phone, it actually poured down in less than two hours, but then I had to plug the phone into a PC to move the file across to unzip and copy to an oldish SD card I'd had for some years, that took nearly as long. When I had issues installing to the car from the old SD card, I attempted to redownload to a Laptop and it crawled. I decided to retry my original download on a new SD card, an MSD in an SD adapter, it worked straight away, the old SD card couldn't read fast enough.
Maybe an Android phone might be quicker, mine certainly was.

My first download attempt was a casual click on my phone, it actually poured down in less than two hours, but then I had to plug the phone into a PC to move the file across to unzip and copy to an oldish SD card I'd had for some years, that took nearly as long. When I had issues installing to the car from the old SD card, I attempted to redownload to a Laptop and it crawled. I decided to retry my original download on a new SD card, an MSD in an SD adapter, it worked straight away, the old SD card couldn't read fast enough.
Got it.
I was trying it on my laptop which is fast enough and has a fast Ethernet adapter but it's literally download like slower than 1mbps, hovering like 600kbps which doesn't make sense tbh.

going to try download on my iPhone 12 Pro. Hope I can transfer it from phone to laptop.

Downloaded it.

Do I just copy the K3663_1 folder, or extract the contents?

I am confused what to do about the bose update.
In both folder 1 & 2 there is 2 files, one is the metainfo2-Bose-BO.txt , and the other is the metainfo2.txt .

Do i need to delete one of them or do I just leave it there?

Thanks

Downloaded it.

Do I just copy the K3663_1 folder, or extract the contents?

I am confused what to do about the bose update.
In both folder 1 & 2 there is 2 files, one is the metainfo2-Bose-BO.txt , and the other is the metainfo2.txt .

Do i need to delete one of them or do I just leave it there?

Thanks
Just leave them alone, Afaik Bose won't update if you don't rename, it's in the readme, you'll still have sound. Extract and copy all files to the root if the SD. Should look like this
20221222 171513

You can leave the Downgrade zip file off the SD card.

Just leave them alone, Afaik Bose won't update if you don't rename, it's in the readme, you'll still have sound. Extract and copy all files to the root if the SD. Should look like this
View attachment 262381
You can leave the Downgrade zip file off the SD card.
All done :)

thanks!
Probably never use AA or CarPlay but hey when I sell the car it's an extra feature to list lol.

now to do the maps, my 32gb sd card needed 10mb more space for the maps update.

so need to get myself a 64gb now.

Last question.

Anyone got the latest SatNav Speed camera download from Pocketgpsworld. Just have to pay £20 to get it but thought il ask around as would think the file is shareable.
Thanks

On that subject, I've read that Google maps has automatic speed camera alerts. Can anyone who uses google maps on android confirm this, and if it works through to maps on android auto.? That would be the dog's b*****x!

On that subject, I've read that Google maps has automatic speed camera alerts. Can anyone who uses google maps on android confirm this, and if it works through to maps on android auto.? That would be the dog's b*****x!
Have you tried Waze? I use it on my phone and tells me about speed cameras etc. but not tried it on AA/CarPlay.

oh also, rang Audi after updating my MMI. They say to come in for an update on it lol. Wonder if it would have been the CarPlay update but too risky taking it now that I've put the custom AIO one on.

On the note of the AIO update. I'm playing music from a usb. It resets to the first song every time? Doesn't keep it in memory and will always go back to the top whereas before the update it was fine.