Need Temp Insurance @ 19

kaz219

Reaction score
Hi guys.

My cars in the garage for over a week but mums on holiday an she's got her 2003 Merc C180 Kompressor Sport parked up in the drive.

Does anyone know where i can get insured to drive it for around 14days?

Normal temp insure companies say you have to be over 21.

Cheers

Not got a clue mate sorry , how's your car have they told you whats wrong cost etc.........

Best bet, if you can, if find her insurance details, ring them and see how much they want to add you as a named driver to her policy.....

or... ring your own insurance company, explain that yours is off the road and ask if they can temporariy transfer cover to the merc, whilst leaving yours covered just "fire & theft" whilst in the garage....

Best bet, if you can, if find her insurance details, ring them and see how much they want to add you as a named driver to her policy.....

They wont put me on the policy as im too young...

or... ring your own insurance company, explain that yours is off the road and ask if they can temporariy transfer cover to the merc, whilst leaving yours covered just "fire & theft" whilst in the garage....

I'll try that now :D

EDIT: They said "You may include up to four vehicles on your policy providing all drivers are aged 25 or over."

:(

I would have suggested that yo uphone your own insurance. No different from getting a courtesy car.

My insurance are shut now but internet said i have to be 25+ to add another car to my insurance policy.

I'll ring them tommorrow but not so sure theyll let me :S

Your not actually adding another car as such, just replacing yours with the Merc as you wont be driving yours for a bit. If I had to arrange a courtesy car, albeit a polo or a golf or something like that, I was only charged the admin fee of £14.50 for setting it up.

Some companies won't let you cover another car if there's a policy already in place for that vehicle - been there, done that, not got the t-shirt. Unfortunately, you're probably onto a sticky wicket if you ring your Ma's insurance company too - due to Data Protection, they probably won't help you out if your Ma's not with you/available to give them permission to act on your request.

Sorry if it's not exactly what you need to read, but it may be the case. :shrug:

My motor had to go back to audi last year for a few days. l got a tt as replacement and called my insurer, AA, l told them the score and they insured me for the tt for a few days. But, if your fully comp you should be allowed to drive another car, says so in my policy.

My motor had to go back to audi last year for a few days. l got a tt as replacement and called my insurer, AA, l told them the score and they insured me for the tt for a few days. But, if your fully comp you should be allowed to drive another car, says so in my policy.

Yeah, but usually only 3rd party cover for another vehicle.

Cheers,