need some help, had a accident today.

jay1601

Reaction score
had a bit of a bump today, my fault wasn't concentrating for 2 secs and the car in front slammed her brakes on. only hit her at 10-15mph

only need a new headlight (good time to upgrade to facelight lights), new bonnet (has 2 small dents on the front) and i need one of these:
moz-screenshot.png
Untitled-2.jpg

does anyone know whats its called or how much it would be from audi

also has anyone got a cheap pre-facelight bonnet they don't want anymore ?

thanks for any help

Jay

When I go to Audi to get prices for parts if I'm unsure what to 'call' the part I just desrcibe it and then they look for it on the system with me there.

If need be I'm sure one of the lads on here will have that information and price.

Sorry to hear about that dude hopefully not an expensive fix. Another poor Audi driver for the Insurance to screw over, was there much damage to the other car.

was a 05 ford focus. only thing on hers was 2/3 marks and 1 small bend in the rear bumper.

wish i took out protected now claims last year now, should of done it when i had a chance. just hoping insurance won't cost too much when i renew next month

Get to a breakers or send the pic to someone on the bay who's breaking

so you've told your insurance company......and you're looking at buying the things yourself ??? Do you only have 3rd party insurance ?

I would be knocking at Audi's door and just asking them to do everything regardless of cost or blame. Once you get approval from your ins. co.
original parts.

i'm 3rd party fire and theft.

got a whole new front panel and cross member for £80 and new lights £100

i can live with the small dent in the bonnet for now until i get hold of one at a good price

I've got the part you need if you have not already sorted 1, £20 posted

I thought the purpose of forums was to help people out

Jay il take a look in my junk at the weekend to see if ive still got mine from when i did my fmic

if i have just chuck me a few quid to cover postage costs as i would of never used it again.

Pete

Last edited:
I thought the purpose of forums was to help people out

Jay il take a look in my junk at the weekend to see if ive still got mine from when i did my fmic

if i have just chuck me a few quid to cover postage costs as i would of never used it again.

Pete

This is correct but £20 posted is not bad considering the postage will probably be about £10 then £10 for beer. That part from the steals would be in the region of £50 easy.

got is sorted thatnks guys

got this off ebay £45+£20 postage
$%28KGrHqV,%21l8E3Rchi-gdBOJ%21%28dYMlw%7E%7E_12.JPG

in mint con (apart from a bit of dirt)

gunna get rid of the rad/fan and horns if anyone wants them

just need a bonnet now and its all fixed

Reactions: Inertiauk
i suggest you do the following straight away if you have not done so already.

contact the police and report the accident, failing to do so may haunt you at a later date, both in costs and insurance

As long as you both have each others details, and you've told your insurance company, then there is no need to contact the police.

I would be knocking at Audi's door and just asking them to do everything regardless of cost or blame. Once you get approval from your ins. co.
original parts.

I'd say this is a pretty awful idea!

the cost of such a repair AT an audi dealer will be substantially more than the £1500 the car is worth.

utter madness to let it go through insurance for the repair of Jays car, even if he were fully comp. He may get his car fixed, but he'll be paying for it for years through increased premiums, especially as it's an 'at fault' incident. if the car were fully comp, the ins co would almost certainly see it as a write off! In which case he'd be far better stripping the car for parts (engine alone will go for £800 complete).

As Jay is doing, it can be fixed for just a few hundred quid to a perfectly good standard. best move all round I'd say.

total cost is £165 so far.

only thing i need now is a bonnet, but i can live with a small dent for now (about the size of a fist)

A matching painted bonnet would be hard to find, even the same paint code will look odd as there are slight variations in colour. How bad is the dent? Considering it'll cost for a new bonnet and possibly paint, could a bodyshop repair it? Might be cheaper than you'd think.